World Line Dance Newsletter Saturday 1/20 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE

Carol Craven

Jan 20, 2018, 11:24:23 AM1/20/18
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE.

Saturday 1/20

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

If you have friends who want to receive the free daily newsletter, tell them to send an email to me at tka...@aol.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and I'll add them.

Do you want to scan the newsletter faster?  I always put the word, SUBJECT, before each post.  Just do a search for that word and you can skip from topic to topic quickly and read what you are interested in reading.

******************************'

WORLD LINE DANCE
NEWSLETTER

Subject: High-Beg, to Inter.-Adv. TOMORROW!!  Sunday Line Dance Social Jan. 21st 2018 in Pinellas Park

Our next Sunday Social is less than a week away January 21st and we can't  be more excited. This social is one of the biggest of the year and we guarantee you will have a great time!  We will have four new dances that will be taught and they are listed below!

   We are so happy to have Sandy Albano and Cody Flowers in addition to our friends Larry Bass and Marilyn McNeal. We really appreciate you all and everyone that has taught before! We love our dance family and we are Blessed to have you all. We planned a few things different with food and the two rooms so we will make it as comfortable as possible!

     You still have time to send in your  request list but we are limiting it to 5 to make sure we get all requests in. If we have more time on that day we will take more as usual and we usually do!

DANCES TO BE TAUGHT:

MY HEART IS IN HAVANA, by Bradley Mather, taught by Sandy Albano (Brandley's grandmother, in case you didn't know).

ALL KATCHI, ALL NIGHT LONG, by Kerry Maus (this dance has won two competitions recently).  Will be taught by Larry Bass

BOOTS, by Maddison Glover, will be taught by Marilyn McNeal

VOWS, brand new dance by Cody Flowers, will be taught by Cody Flowers

    The Social is from 12-5 with plenty of snacks, water, tea, coffee, sodas and pizza later in the day! Please bring something to share if you like. The address is listed below

Time 12-5

$10.00

Studio location:

Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Ave

Pinellas Park, Fl

33782

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com 727+439-8819

Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com

*******************************

Subject: The Big Bang Dance Classic

From: Empire Dance Productions (Will Craig)

Less than TWO weeks until The Big Bang Dance Classic!

Haven't registered yet?  No  problem, you can register onsite.

Pre Party: Once again we are having our EPIC pre-party.  As usual, we expect another great turn out and lots of fun. The ONLY official Pre party will be at Coyote Joe's on Wednesday,  January 31st.  The club is only 5 miles away from the hotel.

Hotel Rooms:  There are still a few rooms available at The Crowne Plaza Hotel, at the event rate of $117 a night.   For reservations, please call the hotel at (704) 527-9650 and be sure to mention the Big Bang Dance Classic.  This hotel offers a free airport shuttle and onsite parking

Workshops:

ALL workshops (over 60 hours) will begin Friday morning, and are included in your weekend or daily passes. Thursday Night will have a kick off open dance party.

Instructors:

Shane McKeever

Scott Blevins

Amy Glass

Joey Warren

John Robinson

Larry Bass

Kayla Cosgrove

Brandon Zahorsky

Dustin Betts

Bill Bragg

Dancin' Dean

Darcie DeAngelis

Steve Lescarbeau

Bryan McWherter

Rosie Multari

Maurice Rowe

Dancin' Terry

***Don't Forget as always our very special SECRET INTERNATIONAL INSTRUCTOR**

DJ's:

Wildman Louis St George and JP Potter - Main Ballroom DJ

Larry Bass and Kelly Cavallaro - Beginner room DJ.

Travel:

For those traveling to the event, the closest airport is Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT). A free shuttle will be provided from the airport to the hotel. The event will start on Thursday evening and the last workshop is scheduled from 2:00-3:00pm on Sunday.

For more information regarding the Big Bang Dance Classic, please visit the web site at Empiredance.us

Will Craig

Empiredance.us

Empir...@aol.com

***********************

Subject:  Line Dance Showdown (Quincy, MA)  April 5-8, 2018

From:  JC DANCE PRODUCTIONS

Workshops

ALL workshops are included in your premium, weekend, or daily passes. A complete workshop schedule will be available online two weeks prior to the event. We are offering a variety of workshops at all levels.

Instructors

Scott Blevins (IN)

Shane McKeever (Ireland)

Roy Hadisubroto (Netherlands)

Rebecca Lee (Malaysia)

Rhoda Lai (Canada)

Amy Glass (OR)

Will Craig (NC)

John Robinson (IN)

Jamie Marshall (TN)

Kenny J (NJ)

Ed Williams (NY)

Kayla Cosgrove (NJ)

Rosie Multari (NY)

and Shea McCafferty - the WINNER of the World Dance Masters Choreography Competition.

The Showdown

This is an ANYTHING GOES competition and it is HUGE! $1,500 in cash prizes. The Solo’s / Duo’s / Team’s will be competing against each other for the $600 first place prize and $300 prize for the one with the most audience votes. You get a total of (6) six minutes on the floor to see if you’re good enough to take home the cash. Rules are. ……There are no rules and ANYONE can compete! This is the show of all shows. It’s a competition that you won’t want to miss on Saturday night in the main ballroom where the audience takes part in the judging process!

Thursday’s Kick Off Dance

If you have purchased a Premium or Weekend Pass, the Thursday night dance is included in the price of your pass. If not, the Thursday night dance is only $10.

Saturday Dinner

Once again we will be offering a Pre-Showdown dinner at 6:00. This is included in your Premium Pass or if you are purchasing a day pass, the dinner can be added for $40. (Register for the Premium Pass and get preferred seating)

Accommodations

Boston Marriott Quincy in Quincy, Massachusetts. The room rate is $109.00 per night and FREE parking. For room reservations, please call 617-472-1000 or 800-228-9290. Mention The Line Dance Showdown to get the special room rate.

To book your room, please use this link: http://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=Line+Dance+Showdown+Apr2018%5Ebosqu%60ldaldaa%60109.00%60USD%60false%605%604%2F4%2F18%604%2F9%2F18%603%2F15%2F18&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes

For a complete registration form, click the link below:

http://www.jcdanceproductions.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/2018-LDS-Front-Back.pdf

***************************

SUBJECT:  THE LINE DANCE MARATHON RALEIGH-DURHAM MAY 31-JUNE 3, 2018

FROM:  SCOTT BLEVINS

The February 1st deadline for the VIP All Access Pass is less than two weeks away. If you want to take advantage of this money-saving pass that includes all workshops, evening dances, priority show seating, farewell dance and pizza party, T-shirt and dance book... be sure to get your registration in the mail Soon!

All other passes are due by May 1st to get the discount pricing.

The Line Dance Marathon is the world's longest running, all line dance event, being held in Raleigh-Durham, NC May 31- June 3, 2018

This amazing event starts with the first of more than 90 hours of workshops at noon on Thursday and wraps up on Sunday night with a farewell dance and pizza party.

Go to www.TheLineDanceMarathon.com where you can check out our talented lineup of international instructors, print your 2018 registration form, book your hotel room, check out the schedules, familiarize yourself with the event information and explore the links to Raleigh and Durham.

The 2018 Line Dance Marathon is going to be a fantastic dance weekend, so be sure you don’t miss it!!

See you at The Marathon,

Scott Blevins and Jean Garr

******************************

SUBJECT:  NW LINE DANCE BLAST JULY 20-22-2018

FROM:   SUE LARIMER

Legends Roy and Fiona coming to Portland's NW Line Dance Blast July 20-22, 2018!!! Email me at: westco...@aol.com for info. Also Niels PoulsenDarren Bailey...

See More

The Last Word line dance by Roy Hadisubroto & Fiona Murray (October 2017)

YOUTUBE.COM

**************************************

June 15-16, 2018
14th Annual Northeast Ladies Of Line,
Hayloft Barn, Sturbridge, MA
Includes
Over 16 hours of
our traditional Pizza Party,
Instructions, Dancing,
coffee & goodies.
Beg Plug thru Int
AS ALWAYS
LBSSONS GALORE
WE HAVE GREAT
FRI & SAT
RAFFLE PRIZES
COMNC YOUR WAY.
.2Ö16.
EVENNG DAWES with
Confirmed . DJ GINGER KOZLOWSKI
Instructors
Patricia Bargchenski MA
Mary Dragon MA
Shelley Clockner MA
Staci Lescarbeau MA
Susan Dargan MA
Lestyn Gilmore MA
Michelle Jackson MA
Sarah Preston CT
and OUR CORE DJSIRUCTORS
LYNNE
FLANDERS
CT
LYNNE
MARTINO
NY Hosted by
FORTY
ARROYO
JAN
BARRUS
KOZLOWSKI
EARLY BIRD WEEKEND PASS ONLY gss BY 3/31
For Registration form contact Forty at forty.arroyo@gmail.com
or any of our NELOL ladies above.
Northeast Ladies of Line To Benefit The Arthritis Foundation MA Chapter
10096 net proceeds donated to The Foundation
Hosted by Forty and Friends
Arthritis
Foundation'

************************************

SUBJECT:  NOTE FROM ME:  If anyone knows them, would you please send them this message?  Thanks.

Could you please get a message to Choreographers Michelle Chandonnet & Marc Archambault for me. I have been trying to get the  { remix } version of Janie Frickie’s song  He’s A Heartache. I have tried so many ways and asked many other choreographers if they could help me. I would like to take their partner dance to a workshop, but need the remix version of the song. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

                                                                        John Utzig

                                                         email:  count...@sbcglobal.net

***********************************

Subject:  North Star Line Dance Workshop in Bloomington, MN, Saturday, April 21,  all day workshop followed by an all-request evening dance

Contact:  northstar...@gmail.com

Come dance with us in Minnesota, shop at the Mall of America and enjoy our beautiful state!

10 lessons, alternating beginner and intermediate, begin at 9 with open dance at lunch and dinner.  Meals are on your own.  Food available on site or many restaurants close by.

Talented local dance teachers will provide instruction in popular, current and classic dances.  Dance lesson before the evening request dance will be by Kerry Maus,  award winning choreographer, who just collaborated with Rachael McEnaney on the dance 85and whose dance All Katchi, All Night Long  has won two competitions lately and is on the World Line Dance Newsletter survey list.

The event will be held at the Bloomington Event Center, 1114 American Blvd. W., Bloomington, MN, near the Mall of America and many hotels.

Cost for the workshop and dance is $30 before 3/31 ($35 after that) and is limited to 150 participants.

Proceeds from the event will be divided between the Sexual Violence Center of Minneapolis and the American Parkinson Disease Association—MN Chapter.

Vendors will be on hand.  A chance to get your bling!!

More info on our Facebook page “North Star Line Dance” or our website northstarlinedance.com.

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:

SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

Stacy Garcia is the webmaster and keeps these lists current BUT ONLY WITH YOUR HELP.  Please make changes/corrections/additions using these forms:

TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal

https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.

Carol Craven