World Line Dance Newsletter Wednesday 5/2 PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE!

Carol Craven

May 2, 2018, 10:01:43 AM5/2/18
to world-line-da...@googlegroups.com

Wednesday 5/2

HOW TO VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY:  List up to 8 of your favorites and email to me at tka...@aol.com before 6 PM Sunday.

 Thanks for taking a moment to vote AND I HOPE SOME OF YOU WHO AREN'T VOTING WILL DO SO THIS WEEK -- to those of you who vote faithfully THANK YOU!!

 If you have friends who want to receive the free daily newsletter, tell them to send an email to me at tka...@aol.com with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line and I'll add them.

 Do you want to scan the newsletter faster?  I always put the word, SUBJECT, before each post.  Just do a search for that word and you can skip from topic to topic quickly and read what you are interested in reading.

*********************************

SUBJECT:  DANCES WITH VIDEOS DONE AT HEART OF TEXAS “HOT” last weekend.

FROM:  STACY GARCIA

http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/stacyj/2018-hot-videos.pdf

***************************

SUBJECT:  REPORT FOR HEART OF TEXAS “HOT”

FROM:  JODI HARMON

Pushing through the dreaded PED enough to compose my thoughts about H.O.T. Heart of Texas Line Dance Event. I was on the fence about going to an inaugural event, but I’m so glad I did!

 EVENT DIRECTORS:
Cheryl Langkan Rogers and Nikki Simpson are to be congratulated for putting on a first-rate first-time event. It was evident throughout that they aimed to please. A perfect example: One of the workshop rooms was too small for the crowd (a good problem to have, right?) and a very few minutes later, Cheryl came in and said we could relocate to the new space she just created. She somehow pulled a dance floor out of her a$$ and created a dance lobby in minutes to better accommodate us. I was impressed!

 HOTEL:
Modern, clean and an excellent staff
Nice rooftop pool, which I chilled out at several times (Bring your sunscreen because there is no shade)

 PERSONAL HIGHLIGHTS:

• Reviews each evening of EVERY dance taught that day, and then immediately after the review, dancing it in the main ballroom was the pièce de résistance for me. (Admittedly, the schedule had some hiccups but IMO nothing that can’t be tweaked and remedied next year.) This made a huge difference in my ability to retain the dances, and the feedback I heard was unanimous.

• Jp Potter was solo at this event but did a fantastic job as always playing all our requests.

• Maddison Glover kicking off her boots and dancing it out Saturday night – and the bonus karaoke! xoxo

• I liked the round tables and chairs in the main ballroom better than the usual rows of chairs, which folks seem to fight over all weekend at other events (including me). It was easier to see demos and the show with this configuration, no matter where you sat, and also I think it inspired more socializing.

 FAVORITE DANCES/WORKSHOPS:
• Do It Like This
• Tip Toe
• Watch the Tempo

 SATURDAY NIGHT SHOW:
• This show was quite funny, especially Scott Blevins death scene (see video)
• Joanne Cummings Brady standing over the body – if only I got my camera out in time!
• Michael Barr and Michele Burton's costumes -- and attitudes
• Maddison Glover and Cheryl Langkan Rogers' voluptuousness – LOL! (I want to know whose idea that was.)
• Honorable mention to the terrific stage design, props & balloons was well.

 WISH LIST FOR NEXT YEAR:
We ended relatively early all three nights (around 1 a.m.) I think because the usual late-night crazies were not in attendance (you know who you are!) and their energy keeps us going on and on. I know some folks didn’t want to come to an inaugural event, so I hope to see them next year. I must admit, making it to morning workshops because I went to bed earlier than usual was a novel idea and perhaps a worthy trade-off this time.

 Here is a link to my videos from the weekend:https://vimeo.com/album/5145858

 Cheryl and Nikki, thank you again for a fantastic weekend!!  Sign me up for H.O.T. 2019 (April 25 – 28)!

Jodi

*******************************

 Subject: Tuesday High- Beg. to Inter.- Advanced Line Dance Class Pinellas Park  May 1, Pinellas Park,  LAST NIGHT

WE had a really good class last night and dances lots of dances that were done at recent events.  Cheryl picked some good ones to play.  If you want to see the list that Stacy keeps and compiles after every event listing the number of times that dances are played over the course of this year at events, here is the link.  It’s a great help when you are thinking about what you might want to review for the next event you attend – WITH VIDEOS, NO LESS – so you can look at them and refresh your memory.  Thanks to Ann Splain for coming early to play music and for Cheryl for keeping us dancing all night.

Sheri Hurley did a really good job teaching WATCH THE TEMPO, by

Joey WarrenGuillaume RICHARDFred WhitehouseShane McKeever & Gemma Ridyard

https://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/watch-the-tempo-ID124008.aspx

WE LOVED IT and everyone stayed on the floor for the teach.  We will be reviewing it next week and I’m sure this one will be around for quite sometime.  Thanks, Sheri.

Newer reviews thanks to the people who taught them.

ADVENTURE 45, Ria Vos and Vane (taught by Anne Splain)

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/adventure-45-ID124504.aspx

THAI OF MY LIFE by Simon Ward (taught by Jai).   This dance will appeal to lots of different levels.  The only difficult part is the turn near the beginning but it is very easy to leave out and the dance is fun and easy to remember.

https://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/thai-of-my-life-ID123782.aspx

Gypsy in the Night by Scott Blevins (taught by Lynda).  I just love doing this fast little dance that reminds me of ones that have become classics of Scott’s.

GYPSY IN THE NIGHT, Scott Blevins

http://www.copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/gypsy-in-the-night-ID124050.aspx

 HERE IS WHAT WE DANCED:

 Tuesday 5-1-18

Lonely Drum

11:59

Babylon

Misbehavin’

Opps baby

All Katchi all day long

7:00

Doing The Walk- teach – Carol – 1 wall

Pieces

Make you Stay

7:15

If It Don’t Matter – teach – Liz

Everybody’s Groovin’

Yeah

7:30

Watch the Tempo – teach – Sheri

Watch the Tempo

Watch the Tempo

Beautiful Wonderful

SGS

8:35

Thai Of My Life – Tech – Jai

Thai Of My Life

Change My Ways

8:55

Adventure 45 – teach – Ann

Adventure 45

Power mix

The fighter

Gypsy in the night – teach – Lynda

Watch the Tempo

Sentimental

Havana

Tightrope

Dive Right In

 Hope to see you next Tuesday

I’m teaching a fun one by Maggie Gallagher next week so hope you can join us!

  Open dance 6:30

Lessons start at 7:00

 Studio location:

Bayou Dance Club

6541 102nd Ave

Pinellas Park, Fl  33782

Diane Poole   bpo...@tampabay.rr.com

Carol Craven  tkandr@ aol.com

******************************

 SUBJECT:  Our World Event Calendar 2018 & 2019 has been updated
FROM: Stacy J Garcia, S

tacyJ...@gmail.com

http://www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com/event-calendar.html

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR UPCOMING EVENT(S)

Please fill out information below and email me, Stacy J Garcia: Stacy...@gmail.com

PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING IN THE BODY OF THE E-MAIL:

CHOOSE ONE: (Add, Remove, Change)

DATE OF EVENT: (Month, Day, Year)

NAME OF EVENT:

LOCATION OF EVENT: (Country, Province, State, City)

WEBSITE (no facebook link allowed. sorry): http://

CONTACT: Email OR Phone

TYPE OF EVENT: (LD, SW, CW, PP, SOUL)

AFFILIATED ORGANIZATION: (UCWDC, ACWDA, USLDCC)

IS THERE A BEGINNER BALLROOM?: Yes or No

 ***************************

 SUBJECT:  CELEBRATE DANCE!  in Toronto, June 21-24 2018

DISCOUNT DEADLINE -- May 11

www.celebratedance.ca

FROM:  Vivienne Scott

Hi everyone:

     Not long now!   Don't forget to register before May 11 for your discounted registration.

     Celebrate Dance is the largest Line Dance event in Canada and is a four-day event beginning on the Thursday evening with a Welcome Dance, followed by three full days of workshops and fun.  Do note that we have a Dedicated Beginner Room as well ALL weekend. Our wonderful Instructors:

**Guillaume Richard    ++     **Rebecca Lee     ++     **John Robinson     ++

**Rhoda Lai     ++     **Vivienne Scott     ++     **Gerard Murphy     ++     **Tina Foster     ++     DJs Jill Babinec and Lynn Warden

     The event is held in an attractive, modern hotel close to the airport, a free shuttle will take you directly there.   Do add a few days either before or after the event so that you can enjoy our beautiful city, there is a direct train line that will take you to downtown Toronto in just three stops.   You also must take a trip to see the spectacular Niagara Falls.

     If you have any questions contact Event Directors Judy McDonald  judymc...@cogeco.ca   or Tina Veliotis  tmvel...@yahoo.com

     Looking forward to seeing many of you in June.

Happy Dancin'!

Vivienne

www.celebratedance.ca

****************************

 Subject: Ohio Summer Dance Classic
From: Frank Trace

Join me for our seventh annual Ohio Summer Dance Classic held on Saturday, June 9, 2018. Location is the Walsh University Wellness Center in North Canton, Ohio. Instructors joining me are; Jamie MarshallMichael DivenJill Babinec and Amy Auger. Dances taught will range from Beginner to Intermediate, something for every level of dancer. This one-day Line Dance Workshop begins at 10:00 am until 5:00 pm and includes an evening dance from 7:00 pm until 10:30 pm.

Early registration for the full day (which includes the evening dance with DJ Jill Babinec) is $40.00. After May 28, a full day registration will be $45.00. Print a registration form at my web site
www.franktrace.com

Host Hotel is the
La Quinta Inn & Suites (5335 Broadmoor St., Canton, Ohio 44709) in the Belden Village shopping area. We have a very special rate for a standard room, which includes breakfast. You must make your reservations before May 20th and mention the “Ohio Summer Dance Classic with Frank Trace” to receive your discounted room rate. Room availability is limited, so book your room today. Phone 330-492-0151

Learn all levels of line dances, enjoy “open dancing” between lessons, shop our vendors, participate in a 50/50 raffle, receive a souvenir “Hand Fan” and enjoy our included evening dance party with plenty of room for couples dancing.
Frank Trace
www.franktrace.com
frank...@gmail.com

*********************************

FROM: Marilyn Richardson  mimi2...@gmail.com

SUBJECT:  GOOD TIMES LINE DANCE WINTER WORKSHOP

Hello everyone from Tom Knight and Marilyn Richardson.  We are having another Good Times Line Dance Winter Workshop, just like the one last year.  Please save the date, as you will not want to miss this one!!  Marilyn McNeal has agreed to join us this year and she will teach, along with returning Cher Mason and Ann Splain

.

Date: Saturday, January 19, 2019

Doors open at 8:30, Open dancing at 9:00, Event begins at 10:00 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m.

Place:  VFW Post 10209, 14736 Edward R. Noll Drive, Spring Hill, FL. 34609

We will have the another delicious catered lunch, and each instructor will teach 2 dances, so that's 6 new teaches.  Most teaches will be in the beginner/improver level, but we will have lots of intermediate dances in the open dance periods for you more advanced dancers.  We will have an experienced D.J. who will keep the music going for us.  All this for an early registration price of $35.00 before December 1, 2018, then $40.00 afterwards, and $45.00 at the door. For more information or to receive a registration form, contact either Tom or Marilyn at:

Tom Knight: email tknig...@live.com, or (727) 247-3040

Marilyn Richardson: email mimi2...@gmail.com, or (352) 263-2774

*****************************

SUBJECT:  ATLANTA DANCE WEEKLY

1 May 2018 EDITION

www.atlantadanceweekly.com

To post something in the newsletter or if you have questions send to tkandr@aolcom. Please use this format for posts:

SUBJECT: WHAT, WHEN, CITY, STATE (OR CITY/COUNTRY OUTSIDE U.S.)

FROM: (include contact info)

The views expressed in this newsletter are not necessarily mine. Please try to be tactful if you have a problem with something or someone. I also do not endorse or guarantee any offers for lessons, cruises, events, merchandise or anything else exchanged for money so please read offers carefully.

Stacy Garcia is the webmaster and keeps these lists current BUT ONLY WITH YOUR HELP.  Please make changes/corrections/additions using these forms:

TO READ PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS, GO TO THIS LINK:https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/world-line-dance-newsletter

All other pages are on the site www.worldlinedancenewsletter.com

PLEASE VOTE IN THE WEEKLY SURVEY. List up to 8 of your current favorites and e-mail them to tka...@aol.com by late 6 PM EST on Sunday. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN DANCES AND PLEASE DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOUR DANCES.

If you would like to make a contribution (it is NOT required), you can do it through Paypal

https://www.paypal.me/CarolCraven

Thank you.

Carol Craven