Audio file issues?

Leor Brenman

Apr 21, 2013, 11:31:29 PM4/21/13
to wordn...@googlegroups.com
I have been developing an app that has been working very well for a while. Tonight (4/21/13 @ 11pm EST) all of the sudden, I am having problems playing the sound URL. I don't think my code around playing the sound has changed. I am getting the following error in the iPhone simulator:

Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=2003334207 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error 2003334207.)"....

Again, this was working fine in the iphone simulator and iphone device earlier.

Can anyone confirm if they are seeing any issues with audio?

Tony Tam

Apr 21, 2013, 11:44:57 PM4/21/13
to wordn...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I just verified with the developer sandbox that audio is working fine:

Can you please post more info about the error that you're getting?  What client are you using to access the API?

Tony

Leor Brenman

Apr 22, 2013, 8:45:14 AM4/22/13
to wordn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony,

Thanks for replying. I am using an Appcelerator Titanium client on iPhone simulator making REST API calls to the wordnik API. This has been working great for weeks.

but get the following error when I play the sound at that URL as follows:

    var player = Ti.Media.createSound({url:_param.soundURL});

    player.play();

error:

[ERROR] :  Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=2003334207 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error 2003334207.)". error loading sound url: file://localhost/Users/lbrenman/Library/Application%20Support/iPhone%20Simulator/6.1/Applications/B9513633-5905-4999-908E-4A90068BD6B4/tmp/2F66.  in -[TiMediaSoundProxy player] (TiMediaSoundProxy.m:37)

And this was working before.

As a test, once I get the URL, should I be able to paste into a desktop browser like Safari on a mac and hear the audio? Because I am not. I am getting:

HTTP ERROR 404

Problem accessing /error.jsp. Reason:

    /error.jsp

Best Regards,
Leor Brenman

Tony Tam

Apr 22, 2013, 11:24:59 AM4/22/13
to wordn...@googlegroups.com
Hi, the URL expires after 30 seconds.  Perhaps you're holding onto it too long?  The correct workflow is to get the URL, try it, and catch the 401 response and get a new URL if needed.

The 30 second TTL is required from our license agreement for the (wonderful) AHD pronunciations.

Leor Brenman

Apr 22, 2013, 12:02:18 PM4/22/13
to wordn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony,

I am definitely using it before the 30 second expiration.

It works intermittently so I am suspecting the service may be intermittent for some reason.

I wish there was a way to test the URL in a browser to see if there is a valid MP3 behind it.

Tony Tam

Apr 22, 2013, 12:09:23 PM4/22/13
to wordn...@googlegroups.com
You can easily just paste the URL in your browser and it'll play.  Will look at the service, but it's currently serving 100 requests/second without errors.

Leor Brenman

Apr 22, 2013, 1:50:21 PM4/22/13
to wordn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tony,

Thats what I thought, Thanks. So pasting in the URL was returning 404 error.

Anyway, service is working fine for me now (again, I changed nothing) so all is good.

Thanks for your quick replies and help.