SOLVED! Found workaround to Dropdown Menus not Working

ScraPerfect

Apr 18, 2012, 1:25:06 AM4/18/12
to WordleUsers
If I click on the Menus (Edit, Language, Font, Layout, Color),
dropdowns appear. But as soon as I try to move the mouse to select
one, they disappear. I'm sure it's supposed to be simple but it wasn't
working. I tried everything and finally found TWO solutions!!! (The
top one works better)

Either

1. Click once on the menu word (ie COLOR) until the dropdown menu
appears. Don't move the mouse.
2. Use the up and down arrow keys to move the cursor up and down the
list stopping on the selection you want.
3. Hit Enter/Return to select

OR
Scroll the window very far down. This forces the dropdown to go above
the word. Slowly move the mouse and you'll be able to select the line
you want.The only downside is some of the window gets hidden so you
can't see all your Wordle unless you scroll it up to be wholly visible.

printerideas

Jun 17, 2012, 2:29:31 PM6/17/12
to wordl...@googlegroups.com
I want to thank ScraPerfect for this helpful post. I didn't have this
problem until today, and it was very frustrating until I remembered
having read a tip about it here a couple of months ago.
I am having another related issue that when I try to right-click to
remove a word the Remove menu blinks quickly and then the Edit menu
appears and takes over as if the 2 commands were fighting. I
discovered that if I did a double-right-click, I could get the Remove
popup to stay on the screen so that I could use ScraPerfect's arrow
key/enter solution.
-Kay
--
Visit my blog
Clever Someday-Geeky Ideas for Desktop Crafting

printerideas

Jun 17, 2012, 3:27:17 PM6/17/12
to wordl...@googlegroups.com
Shortly after posting the information below I discovered I had the
"dueling menus" problem when I tried to use the Language menu, too.
Double clicking does not work on that but the process below did:
a. mouse click and hold
b. drag slightly forward (upward on the screen)
c. wait for menu to appear
d. release mouse button
e. use arrow keys to choose your menu item
f. enter/return
That abcd gesture is really one quick motion. It also works for
removing words (right-click in step a. instead). This avoids the
problem of accidentally double clicking the wordle and getting the
outline view (which is easily corrected by double clicking again, but
an extra step nonetheless).
The menu problems are exasperating, and hopefully temporary, but with
a little practice you can master these workarounds. Thanks again to
ScraPerfect for the pieces she contributed to the puzzle.
-Kay