Can I tighten the layout that Wordle produces

Leslie Thomas

Nov 15, 2015, 10:18:39 PM11/15/15
to WordleUsers
I need the layout to be horizontal but the spread is too great.  Can I modify the width so words become more stacked but less wide?

cleversomeday

Nov 16, 2015, 8:58:19 AM11/16/15
to wordl...@googlegroups.com
You can change the aspect ration by changing the shape of the window, and then keep generating new wordles randomly until you get a layout that is the density you want. This shows how to change the aspect ratio

-Kay
CleverSomeday
Geeky Ideas for Desktop Crafting

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 5:23 AM, Leslie Thomas <leslie.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
I need the layout to be horizontal but the spread is too great.  Can I modify the width so words become more stacked but less wide?

James R. Celoni

Nov 17, 2015, 8:49:15 AM11/17/15
to WordleUsers
Kay, thanks for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es8EAAl7RW8, but I couldn't get that result in (current) Firefox for Windows.  No matter how I resize the window, when I re-layout the size doesn't change; e.g. I have to resize the window to see it all.  Suggestions?  Thanks again.

cleversomeday

Nov 17, 2015, 9:06:11 AM11/17/15
to wordl...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,
Did you click the Open in Window button? It's working for me in Firefox.
-Kay

J R Celoni

Nov 18, 2015, 8:56:50 AM11/18/15
to wordl...@googlegroups.com

How did I miss that?!  Works great!  Thanks.  *j