How to get a high quality pdf for printing an A3 poster

Richard Wallwork

Feb 16, 2015, 5:12:10 AM2/16/15
to wordl...@googlegroups.com
Have spent the last two hours fiddling around with Cutepdf settings in order to try and print my lovely Wordle on an A3 poster.  I have changed paper size, resolution setting, scaling and yet whatever I do I cannot get a full size version of my wordle on the resultant pdf.  It is driving me mad since I am supposed to have it ready tomorrow!!  Whatever changes I make the Wordle stays towards the top right of the A3 sheet and fills, at most, 50% of the page.  PLEASE help!

printerideas

Feb 17, 2015, 10:23:13 AM2/17/15
to wordl...@googlegroups.com
Richard,
I haven't played with this lately and I assume you have tried changing the orientation. The good news is that the PDF is a vector, so even if it only fills part of the page, it can still be printed at any size, though you may have to open it in Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator to coax it into a format that will print to fill the page without having to just scale with trial and error.
-Kay
CleverSomeday
Geeky Ideas for Desktop Crafting