RE: [Wordle Users] Digest for wordleusers@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

J R Celoni

Aug 31, 2016, 8:23:55 AM8/31/16
to wordl...@googlegroups.com

It’s  tricky to activate Java in Firefox, though I’m grateful to Mozilla because theirs is the only browser that lets me run Wordle.  You not only have to click “Activate Java,” then “Allow and remember”; you then have to click the red icon at the left of the address bar, again click “Allow and  remember,” then click “Show all,” and one more “Allow and remember.”  There might even be one more “Activate Java” opportunity before Wordle’s applet actually starts and you get the final prompt and say Run.

Besides that, when you update Firefox, you have to do it all over again…

I know there are plenty of other word cloud sites (tagul, tagxedo…), and I use them too, but I often return to Wordle.  Thank you.  *j

Aug 31, 2016, 8:36:38 AM8/31/16
to wordl...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 8:23 AM, J R Celoni <cel...@alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:

It’s  tricky to activate Java in Firefox, though I’m grateful to Mozilla because theirs is the only browser that lets me run Wordle.  You not only have to click “Activate Java,” then “Allow and remember”; you then have to click the red icon at the left of the address bar, again click “Allow and  remember,” then click “Show all,” and one more “Allow and remember.”  There might even be one more “Activate Java” opportunity before Wordle’s applet actually starts and you get the final prompt and say Run.

Besides that, when you update Firefox, you have to do it all over again…

Thanks very much for the concrete steps to mitigate this madness.