Wikipedia article needed for Diana Shelstad

ChristinaSormani

Aug 19, 2010, 8:32:06 PM8/19/10
to WomeninMath
Going to the wikipedia articles of the fields medalists we see:

"Ngô Bảo Châu (born November 15, 1972[1]) is a Vietnamese
mathematician (recently naturalized French[2]) who currently works at
the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, New Jersey. Châu is
best-known for proving the fundamental lemma proposed by Robert
Langlands and Diana Shelstad, an achievement which was selected by
Time as one of the Top Ten Scientific Discoveries of 2009.[3]"

So immediately a woman mathematician will be seen by the masses who
run to read the wikipedia articles of fields medalists. But clicking
the link on Shelstad brings up a call for an article but no article.

If someone can create an article right away that would be great for
the visibility of women mathematicians. Or send me a blurb about her
and I'll create it. She's outside my field so I need a blurb about
the mathematics.

Christina Sormani

Nov 15, 2012, 2:14:37 AM11/15/12
to women...@googlegroups.com
At this point almost all the Noether Lecturers have wikipedia articles.  We still need articles for

Also we need to add the 2011 and 2012 Noether lecturers to the list with a link to some announcement
of their award.