Weekly Newsletter 22/10/2017

sahil shah

Oct 22, 2017, 8:01:09 AM10/22/17
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys!!!

Hope all of you had an awesome, relaxed holiday and are all set to get back to college!
So lets dive right into it. Tomorrow itself we have one of the most popular technical events of the year- the Web Development Session. It will be conducted tomorrow at 9 pm in LA 101 and is being held in collaboration with the Design Club and Mood Indigo, IIT Bombay. It is a great opportunity for a newbie to get into web development as we will be going over the basics of HTML, CSS and JavaScript in about three hours.
This Friday we also have scheduled the fourth in the series of talks under the GSoC Incubation Cell. The topic will be Internet Relay Chats (or IRCs) and how to go about choosing an organisation to aim for in the coming Google's Summer of Code.

Now for some memes:

Inline image 1

Inline image 2

and as motivation to attend tomorrow's session:
Inline image 3

In other news, robots have been found to be better than humans at providing a human touch to soldiers suffering from post-traumatic stress disorders. This article talks about how soldiers open up more about their feelings to virtual humans than actual ones.

Cheers,
WnCC IITB.