Step by Step Guide for learning Programming & Coding

sachin kumar

Aug 9, 2016, 7:21:13 AM8/9/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,

Can anyone in this group put out the process for learning coding including references & online courses ?

I want to get into coding but there is too much content on the web and no pointers where to start and what should be the milestones of learning programming.
Looking forward for some suggestions.

--
sachin kumar

Dilawar Singh

Aug 18, 2016, 3:53:45 AM8/18/16
to Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay
I don't think such a generic list exists. You need to pick a language first, python would be a superb choice. I am guessing you want to learn a language as a tool.

Coding is a form of writing, and by its very nature, a solitary activity. I am not aware of many people who are great at coding (think compiler designer) an flamboyant/extremely social at the same time. If you can spend time with yourself (and with a decent computer), there are plenty of excellent books out there to help you out. MIT ocw has "intro to programming using python". And if you are in Institute, great!; take a UG course on programming.

Always a good read: https://medium.freecodecamp.com/things-i-wish-someone-had-told-me-when-i-was-learning-how-to-code-565fc9dcb329#.2l0fz0jig

best,
    Dilawar

krupa bathia

Aug 18, 2016, 4:13:02 AM8/18/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
This might not be a relevant thread but can someone suggest as to which will be a good courses for Java, jsp? I couldn't find video lectures for Java on MIT ocw.

Regards,

Krupa Bathia

+91 7506 110 915

Practice not till you get it right but till you can't get it wrong

The website for the club is http://wncc-iitb.org/