openCV with CUDA

Kumar Ayush

Nov 24, 2014, 3:57:21 PM11/24/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Does anybody have any experience with compiling openCV with CUDA on a Windows system preferably?

We are runnin
g into some problems and would appreciate some help.

Thanks!

Saket Choudhary

Nov 24, 2014, 5:11:03 PM11/24/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
For Linux:

We have an awesome project: Linuxbrew(a fork of the more famous linuxbrew):
https://github.com/Homebrew/linuxbrew

This lets you manage dependencies automagically, and can be setup on a
linux machine in 3 steps:

export PATH="$HOME/.linuxbrew/bin:$PATH"
ruby -e "$(wget -O- https://raw.github.com/Homebrew/linuxbrew/go/install)"
brew tap homebrew/science
brew install opencv --with-cuda

That's it.
> --
> --
> The website for the club is http://wncc-iitb.org/

Saket Choudhary

Nov 24, 2014, 5:33:01 PM11/24/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
No `sudo` required. I use it to maintain my own latest versions of
packages, that your SysAdmin's would otherwise not allow, since it is
'unsafe'.

Sourabh Bhat

Nov 25, 2014, 6:05:33 AM11/25/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com, hpc-...@googlegroups.com
Forwarding to hpc-iitb group. The HPC guys may be able to help.

- Sourabh
--
Best Regards,
-- Sourabh

Dilawar Singh

Nov 25, 2014, 7:07:08 AM11/25/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Installing in cygwin didn't help?

https://www.cygwin.com/

best,
Dilawar

Kumar Ayush

Nov 26, 2014, 9:21:24 AM11/26/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Don't want to use cygwin. Ultimately, the desirable compiler for the project is Visual C++ Compiler. I don't want to mix things up.