Re: openvpn problems in ubuntu

Koyalkar Devanshu

Dec 16, 2015, 5:05:49 AM12/16/15
to Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay
I have ubuntu 15.10(64bit) I followed the instructions from here .  But when I do sudo service openvpn start , it only asks for username(hidden input) as shown in the image attached. Does anyone have an idea of what is happening and what can be done?
openvpn.png

Tushar Pal

Dec 16, 2015, 8:22:23 AM12/16/15
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 2:41 PM, Koyalkar Devanshu <devanshu...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have ubuntu 15.10(64bit) I followed the instructions from here .  But when I do sudo service openvpn start , it only asks for username(hidden input) as shown in the image attached. Does anyone have an idea of what is happening and what can be done?

The website for the club is http://wncc-iitb.org/

Screenshot from 2015-12-16 16:59:13.png

Gary Ferrão

Jan 8, 2016, 10:53:24 AM1/8/16
to Koyalkar Devanshu, wncc...@googlegroups.com
This is strange. It is supposed to prompt username and password in
Terminal. Did you previously install some other software on Ubuntu
which causes this behaviour?

Try stoping "systemd-tty-ask-password-agent":
http://www.kombitz.com/2015/01/06/how-to-stop-systemd-tty-ask-password-agent-wall-message-on-scientific-linux-7/