Font on Ubuntu 14.04 just changed :o

Sumith 1896

Apr 25, 2016, 1:31:24 AM4/25/16
to Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay
Hi all,

Did the font on my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS just change?
Is it a update and common to all or did I mess up something.
Either way how do I go back to old one, this new one is a
absolute mess :(

Cheers,
Sumith

Pritam Baral

Apr 25, 2016, 1:42:53 AM4/25/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
It's extremely unlikely the default font would be updated post-release in a stable distro like Ubuntu, especially in a Long-Term-Stable release like 14.04.

What do your font settings show? Take a screenshot of that window, upload to Drive/Dropbox/Imgur and show us.

#!/usr/bin/env regards
Chhatoi Pritam Baral

The website for the club is http://wncc-iitb.org/

Sourabh Bhat

Apr 25, 2016, 3:45:48 AM4/25/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
You can install "Unity Tweak Tool". Here's some help on installation of the tool:

http://ask.xmodulo.com/install-unity-tweak-tool-ubuntu-desktop.html

Once it is installed you can open up the application, then go to Theme > Fonts > Restore default.

If you want you can also change your system fonts to something else from this tool, and also customize many other things.

--
Sourabh

--
Best Regards,