Help for Running Steam

paritosh.h.gupta

Mar 22, 2016, 12:55:20 AM3/22/16
to Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay

How am I supposed to run steam on the iitb network? Help please!

Abhijit Tomar

Mar 22, 2016, 3:55:15 AM3/22/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

This question has already been answered earlier.

Please read through the previous posts before posting.

On 22-Mar-2016 10:25, "paritosh.h.gupta" <paritosh...@gmail.com> wrote:

How am I supposed to run steam on the iitb network? Help please!

The website for the club is http://wncc-iitb.org/

Vishnu Theja Rachakonda

Mar 22, 2016, 3:55:15 AM3/22/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

Use VPN to connect to different a region.
There are many vpn services available that are free and run inside IITB network
For Windows: hideme
For MacOSX: surfeasy
After turning on the VPN you can access steam.

Kumar Ayush

Mar 22, 2016, 3:55:15 AM3/22/16
to Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay
Use a VPN such as hide.me

IITB blocks the ports needed for Steam

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 10:25 AM paritosh.h.gupta <paritosh...@gmail.com> wrote:

How am I supposed to run steam on the iitb network? Help please!

Paritosh Gupta

Mar 22, 2016, 2:24:06 PM3/22/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
I didn't really understand the last post and nobody replied to me when i enquired so I made a new post..
Thank You all!
(I thought a special kind of vpn service was required now I realize any will do)
--
Paritosh Harish Gupta,
B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering