Weekly Newsletter 26/11/2017

sahil shah

Nov 26, 2017, 5:23:02 AM11/26/17
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

Now that the endsems are done with, we are back with the newsletters! Hope all of you'll had a great semester and are psyched for the winter.
So, first off, as you must be aware, the theme for Microsoft's code.fun.do for this year is AI for social good and the dates have been finalised. The online bootcamp (that is not mandatory) is today from 5 pm to 10 pm. Post this, there is an online contest for Freshmen and Sophomores, which ends on the 5th of December. The final on-campus round will be on the 2nd and 3rd of January.

Here is an interesting (albeit fairly mathematical) article that talks about using the concepts of entropy to determine whether an iteration algorithm (one which continually "improves" some object at every iteration) for combinatorics will halt, and also to determine a bound for the time taken to halt.

Besides that, here is an interesting project undertaken by our present volunteer Alok Bishoyi and ex Manager Kumar Ayush. The project is to determine whether a food item is a Wada Pav or not. For Silicon Valley followers, yes - this is Jin Yang's project!

And as always, here are some memes to lighten your mood and brighten your day:

Inline image 2

Inline image 1
Inline image 3

Happy holidays everyone!