[WnCC] [Important]

Kumar Ayush

Apr 12, 2016, 2:32:03 PM4/12/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Hey all

We are planning on renovating the WnCC logo.
PFA the latest revision.

Your comments as members of the community are highly valued.

Regards
Kumar Ayush
Manager, WnCC
received_10153655812472462.jpeg

Ranveer Aggarwal

Apr 12, 2016, 2:46:26 PM4/12/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
There's a lot going on in there. Try making things minimal. If you do have elements that are not text, try to give them an associated meaning. An idea can be to have elements signifying competitive programming, software development and open source (since the club has grown over the years to incorporate these components).
Also, it's great that you're going for a re-design (it was much required). But keep in mind to make the logo such that it stays that way for several more years. The current logo was designed in Guna/Sushant's tenure (which was ~3 years ago).

- Ranveer

The website for the club is http://wncc-iitb.org/

Rohan Kumar

Apr 12, 2016, 3:37:54 PM4/12/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Change the font and the font color if you can. It's a nice step but the logo would look better if kept more minimalist.

The website for the club is http://wncc-iitb.org/

Rohan Kumar
Second Year Undergraduate
Chemical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay

Siddharth Bulia

Apr 12, 2016, 5:40:17 PM4/12/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

I am not getting the need of gears in wncc logo. We can go a bit more minimal.

Rohit Gogoi

Apr 12, 2016, 11:15:02 PM4/12/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

I would suggest play around the letters of wncc. Google expressive typography to get the feel of what im talking about

Sumith 1896

Apr 13, 2016, 1:04:32 AM4/13/16
to Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay
The font can be better. The small elements above and below the text look out of place and unnecessary.

Dilawar Singh

Apr 13, 2016, 11:31:17 PM4/13/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
For coding, the font is usually some variant of 'fixed width', and for web, it is usually any font but fixed-width.

best,
     Dilawar

Kumar Ayush

Apr 15, 2016, 9:47:10 AM4/15/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
We considered all your opinions.

PFA four updated options. You are requested to put forward your updated opinion :P

Sincerely
Ayush | Kalpesh
Managers, WnCC
13010147_992918984134357_981302985_o.jpg
12980876_992920244134231_100146042_o.jpg
12986854_992925414133714_1717141978_o.jpg
13016431_992932704132985_1553723160_o.jpg

Siddharth Bulia

Apr 15, 2016, 9:59:03 AM4/15/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
First > rest three.
Maybe you can rearrange the location of wncc.
I prefer < > brackets over {}.
And btw, what is the meaning of that theta or phi ??

Akash Trehan

Apr 15, 2016, 10:12:52 AM4/15/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

How are these symbols related to WnCC? First one looks cool though.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay" group.

First Year Undergraduate,
Computer Science,
IIT Bombay.

Kumar Ayush

Apr 15, 2016, 10:16:14 AM4/15/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

The brackets represent coding. and the phi represents the Web in a minimal way I guess.

Manish Goregaokar

Apr 15, 2016, 11:24:51 AM4/15/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
I really like the first one. Love that the text is separate from the logo; we can rearrange it.

The phi is a bit confusing, and the globe looks cramped. They're all pretty nice, but the angle bracket one is really good.

-Manish Goregaokar

Gary Ferrão

Apr 15, 2016, 10:34:11 PM4/15/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Would like something like this (PFA), or a browser icon in the middle there (hope IE icon is out of copyright? :P).
wncc01.jpg

Akash Trehan

Apr 16, 2016, 12:43:43 AM4/16/16
to Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay
The logo doesn't bring our the fact that it is a coding club. I feel that the border is distracting and takes the focus out of the rest of the (important)stuff. Minimalism is the key.

Kalpesh Krishna

Apr 16, 2016, 1:54:56 AM4/16/16
to Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay
We think that the first logo represents WnCC in a minimalistic way. The graph represents competitive coding and the angular brackets represent development. At least that's what the designer was thinking while designing it. He will try a few different color combinations and a try google's expressive typography as Rohit Roshan Gogoi suggested, and we will post the changes here :)

Regards,
Kalpesh | Ayush
Managers,
WnCC

Kalpesh Krishna

Apr 16, 2016, 3:41:51 PM4/16/16
to Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay
So we are on the stage of finalizing the design. Here are a few alternative fonts and color combinations. Color suggestions are welcom. Let's hope we can make some stickers soon :)
All the designing credit goes to Satyendra Narayan, an IDC fresher. A very big THANK YOU to him :)
12999722_995329667226622_1453823465_o.jpg
13036611_995327857226803_1494442500_o.jpg
13035572_995326737226915_940218089_o.jpg
13016495_995325390560383_1595489839_o.jpg
13016308_995324910560431_1671605513_o.jpg
13036625_995189680573954_1361187259_o.jpg

Akash Trehan

Apr 16, 2016, 3:46:57 PM4/16/16
to Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay

+1 for 1st,2nd and last one. Others look a bit dull to me.

The website for the club is http://wncc-iitb.org/

Siddharth Bulia

Apr 17, 2016, 3:57:54 AM4/17/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

1 2 & last. Same as akash

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay" group.

Chinmay Rajhans Official

Apr 17, 2016, 4:20:22 AM4/17/16
to wncc_iitb

Sry for replying little late.

Generally, logos are small when printed, so in a box or circle given to you, try to utilize max. space as you can.
In the new design of logo, content is 20%, and empty space is 80%, it could be reverse.

2ndly, create 2 versions, one with only initials, other with name written in full.
As WnCC is not that famous a name, so just writing initials might not convery whoes logo it is.

CR

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay" group.

Dilawar Singh

Apr 17, 2016, 6:09:28 AM4/17/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
It's coded in tikz. Current version is attached.

    Dilawar wncc.png

Mayank Singhal

Apr 17, 2016, 7:27:44 AM4/17/16
to wncc_iitb
This looks great :)

Mayank Singhal

The website for the club is http://wncc-iitb.org/

Sumith 1896

Apr 20, 2016, 4:07:34 AM4/20/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
I love this one!

Akash Trehan

Apr 25, 2016, 9:27:15 PM4/25/16
to Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay
Which design has been finalised?

Kumar Ayush

Apr 25, 2016, 11:15:02 PM4/25/16
to Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay

None. We will have a meeting after endsems where we'll vote

The website for the club is http://wncc-iitb.org/

Rohit Gogoi

Apr 26, 2016, 3:22:22 AM4/26/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

By color scheme I meant the color of the logo, not the color of the background, choose a color combination which serves both of these points : a)good aesthetics
b)versatile, i.e stands out and can be used in any kind of background.

Kalpesh Krishna

Apr 26, 2016, 11:20:59 AM4/26/16
to Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay
Three more color schemes
13091706_1000694886690100_726031094_o.jpg
13063871_1000692413357014_1062681387_o.jpg
13078108_1000691346690454_1142400545_o.jpg

Manish Goregaokar

Apr 26, 2016, 11:31:56 AM4/26/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
I recommend not being too insistent on a single color scheme -- pick one for easy recognizability to be used in most cases, but be free to use a different color scheme depending on the situation (and ensure the logo is recognizable across schemes -- it is, currently!).

Thanks,

-Manish Goregaokar

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 8:50 PM, Kalpesh Krishna <kalpes...@gmail.com> wrote:
Three more color schemes

Kumar Ayush

Apr 26, 2016, 12:44:14 PM4/26/16
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

I agree with Manish. Why not just keep all?

Videsh Suman

Apr 27, 2016, 8:56:12 PM4/27/16
to Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay
Well, I feel there should be just one official color scheme(for branding purposes). Obviously, we could go loose on that as far as merchandise is concerned.
Besides, I don't find the font cool enough.
Here are a few fonts which seem nicer. Suggestions are welcome.

1. Trench
Trench-Thin sample text
2. TimeBurner
TimeBurner sample text
3. Capsule X Pro

CapsuleXProMediumPersonalUse sample text
4. Quango
Quango sample text
5. Ipanema Secco
Ipanema Secco  sample text
6. Krunch (Unbolded Version)
Krunch Bold sample text
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2
Auto Generated Inline Image 3
Auto Generated Inline Image 4
Auto Generated Inline Image 5

Videsh Suman

Apr 27, 2016, 11:21:09 PM4/27/16
to Web and Coding Club IIT Bombay
And the graphical part of the logo could be made to represent a 'W' as well( changing the shape would suffice), in a minimal way of course. Likewise, the brackets seem to signify the two 'C's in WnCC.

Mayank Singhal

Apr 28, 2016, 9:42:45 PM4/28/16
to wncc_iitb
While logos are designed with colors in mind, good logos are designed for use in B&W and gray-scale prints as well.

Keep it simple. Given the low number of branding you have to compete inside IITB, you don't need something complicated to be unique.

Mayank Singhal