Weekly Newsletter 13/08/2017

sahil shah

Aug 13, 2017, 9:42:29 AM8/13/17
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys!

First off, there is an upcoming hackathon, organised by Mercari, an e-commerce company based in Tokyo, Japan. They would like to understand the potential of IIT students and hence hosting Hackathon for students from all over India. You can register here.

Also, we are organising a session on open source which would serve as a springboard for any and everyone who is aspiring to participate in the famous Google Summer of Code (GSoC). You can find out more about the session, which will be held this Wednesday, here. We will have seniors with hands-on experience with open source as well as past "GSoCers".

On a lighter note, one can unravel the mystery behind the highly skewed sex ratio in our field (the web and coding one!) by reading this really interesting article.

For all those whose favourite editor is Vim (and for those who scoff at these people), here is a bunch of reasons why Vim is still so popular. This article compares all commonly used editors based on various parameters like memory usage and speed.

If you need a dose of really cool, sweet yet mildly creepy, have a look at this article on a guy who built a bot that replicated the way his late girlfriend spoke.

If you feel someone has really wronged you recently, here's one really effective way to avenge yourself:
Inline image 1

Oh, and lastly if any of you want WnCC t-shirts, please fill this form as soon as possible.

Cheers,
WnCC IITB.