Login to internet.iitb.ac.in via terminal

vaibhav tolia

Feb 25, 2014, 3:13:17 PM2/25/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm having a lot of trouble with proxy, internet.iitb.ac.in solves those but now the problem at hand is that I'm working on board which doesn't have a display port so all I can do is SSH and install things. Is there some way I can get similar access like I get when I log in the browser and my terminal has?

rahil momin

Feb 25, 2014, 3:28:29 PM2/25/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
oh..its simple

curl -d "uname=<username>&passwd=<password>" https://internet.iitb.ac.in/index.php

be sure to urlencode username and password
i have this in my NetworkManager dispatcher, its logs me in automatically everytime I connect to a network

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 1:43 AM, vaibhav tolia <vaibha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I'm having a lot of trouble with proxy, internet.iitb.ac.in solves those but now the problem at hand is that I'm working on board which doesn't have a display port so all I can do is SSH and install things. Is there some way I can get similar access like I get when I log in the browser and my terminal has?

The website for the club is http://wncc-iitb.org/

aman mangal

Feb 25, 2014, 3:35:33 PM2/25/14
to wncc iitb
You can use Lynx text browser! It's cool, try it :D

Aman Mangal
4th year Undergraduate Student
IIT Bombay
www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~amanmangal