Introduction to Python

Ranveer Aggarwal

Jan 28, 2015, 6:56:42 AM1/28/15
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

Greetings!

As most of you might know, Python is a widely used general-purpose, high-level programming language. Its design philosophy emphasizes code readability, and its syntax allows programmers to express concepts in fewer lines of code than would be possible in languages such as C++ or Java. The language provides constructs intended to enable clear programs on both a small and large scale.

It is a dynamic, strongly typed, object oriented, multipurpose programming language, designed to be quick (to learn, to use, and to understand), and to enforce a clean and uniform syntax.

Apart from offering gazillions of features, Python is a language with libraries spanning to almost all domains of Programming. Here's an article titled "Why Python": http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3882

Continuing our yearly trend and also the "Hello World" series, WnCC brings to you an introductory session on Python. The speakers will be covering various aspects of the language starting from adding two numbers to Object Oriented Programming. We might also venture into scraping and server side Python (Django/Flask) is time permits. It would be a great opportunity for beginner-enthusiasts to get familiar with things from the grass-root level.

Freshmen are especially invited.

Venue: New Software Lab, Old CSE Building

Time: 8:30 PM

Date: 29th January 205, Thursday

Personal laptops with Python installed are preferred, but not necessary (We'll be providing nsluser login to all).

Regards,

Ranveer Aggarwal

Manager WnCC