Weekly Newsletter 18/03/2018

Sahil Shah

Mar 18, 2018, 12:37:03 PM3/18/18
to wncc...@googlegroups.com

WnCC Newsletter

Presenting the Weekly Newsletter to make your Sunday better!

CTF GC

I am sure most of you must have read about the Capture the Flag GC that is being held this weekend and is currently underway. It was the first GC of its kind and hence, marks the start of a new tradition for the club. All the questions were original and set by students of our institute. The live scoreboard was icing on the cake and made the GC extremely exciting. If you did participate, I am sure you would have enjoyed yourself.

By the way, the deadline has been extended to 11:59 pm, so don't give up just yet! These were the final standings as of 6pm:

Mobile Web India Scholars

There was an extremely interesting event held yesterday right here at Hiranandani, called the March Meet-Up for Mobile India Scholars. This open-for-all event was aimed at web developers with experience in front-end development, including those working on Progressive Apps. The aim was to hear from the facilitators and meet fellow Udacity students and network with people in the web-dev community from across the city.

Check out the event page →

Web Performance

This is an interesting article which talks about an often overlooked topic- that of page load time. The page load time is the first thing that any user notices about a website and is hence, a key feature to be kept in mind when designing web pages. This article explains some basic terms and then goes on to talk about how one can actually go about increasing the load speed and performance of a web page, thereby reducing the time the user has to wait for the page to load.

It could prove to be useful to everyone interested and involved in development.

Check it out →

And the memes for the week: