Weekly Newsletter 15/10/2017

sahil shah

Oct 15, 2017, 8:32:51 AM10/15/17
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys!!!

First off, congratulations are in order! As many of you may be aware, the InOut hackathon was held in Bangalore, a couple of weeks back. It is India's largest community hackathon, and a team from our institute won the BlockChain Track! All the members of the winning team have been associated with the club and the team comprised of Kumar Ayush (WnCC's ex Manager), Akash Trehan (Manager of the CSE Cybersecurity Club) and Kumar Ashutosh (WnCC's current convener).
GameLab also took place in the week before last, in which 4 teams were selected by Ubisoft, Pune from IIT Bombay to spend two days at their offices. The teams were selected based on their ideas for a new game they would like to create and the 18 selected students got an opportunity to interact with Ubisoft employees and work on a game for two days, in Pune. The experience gave them a great idea of the work culture and was a productive learning experience.
This week we had the Ubisoft conference too, which saw senior members of the Ubisoft team give interested students a comprehensive overview of the gaming industry and the available avenues in the field. Great insight was given regarding the work culture, employee experience and the entire creative process of professional game designing and development.

For all those looking to participate in a hackathon, we have one being organised by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology(MeITY) of the Government of India coming up. The finals of this hackathon are to be held at our institute and the deadline for the first round is on the 29th of this month. You can find out more here.

Now, time for what most of you really read this newsletter for - high quality technological memes (just kidding!)

Inline image 3

Inline image 1

Inline image 2

Enjoy the festive season and have an awesome Diwali!

Cheers,
WnCC IITB.