WebRTC

Rishabh Rawat

Dec 27, 2014, 4:18:03 AM12/27/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
So webrtc is as far as i know skype on browser, and without plugins, i.e. no flash or silverlight and whatever else. It has become possible with the new html5, and I have seen a few examples where you can see your own webcam on your web browser.

What i want to do is kind of make my own site where i am able to broadcast my webcam, I am on a ubuntu desktop, the closest i could go to finding a example needed node.js on server side. and since i am hosting the site on my lappy (its for local network and not internet), i dont know how to do set that up (or even if it work if i was able to set that up).

So has anyone worked upon this. or have maybe a code snippet using which you can broadcast your webcam over the network (inside the browser that is)

Rishabh Rawat
Third Year UG
Electrical Engineering
IIT BOMBAY

Anil Shanbhag

Dec 31, 2014, 3:17:12 PM12/31/14
to wncc...@googlegroups.com
Here is a good article I had looked at when i was exploring WebRTC
This contains an example towards the end.

Here is a sample application I had written https://github.com/anilshanbhag/wingchat
Look at index.html for the client code and wcserver.js for server code(node)

For your application, all you need to do is share your webcam and remove the code which shares others webcam feed with you.