TRAINS tariff (European aggregates and HS)

mariann...@uniroma1.it

Mar 10, 2012, 6:11:56 PM3/10/12
to witsforum
Hi. I am using TRAINS tariff data (Ad valorem and AV equivalents) from
Quick search --> Tariff view and export raw data. I have two
questions: (1) I guess that data for the European Union refer to EU15
until 2004, EU25 until 2007, and EU27 later on. Is that right? So for
instance a given tariff in 2003 refers to EU15, while the tariff in
2006 refers to EU25, etc? (2) What revision of the Harmonized System
the used classification for the tariff lines refer to? Many thanks.

Hiroaki Kuwahara

Mar 13, 2012, 9:56:36 AM3/13/12
to witsforum
Yes, you are right. EU adopts new HS revision as soon as it is made
available. That is, from 1996-2001 HS96, 2002-2006 HS2002, and from
2007 onward, HS2007. But you no not need to worry about it as in
TRAINS, all HS revisions are combined into what is called "HS
Combined". If you choose a 6-digit code for 2005 which is only
introduced in 2007, you simply get no data.