GUI language

Stef

Jul 19, 2016, 2:51:00 AM7/19/16
to WinFF
Where or how do I revert the GUI language back to English, to be in line with the forum here?
Tried to follow the instructions for the video still image procedure (that solves the frame-grabbing), but it took me a long time to realize that "Profile" refers to "Preset" - not a lucky German translation imo, it would have been better to leave Preset as Preset - meanwhile a totally accepted and understood term in German. Sometimes it doesn't help to force-translate everything into non-English by all means.

So anyway, is there a way to revert my interface back to English? I run the portable winPenPack package.

Ian Stoffberg

Jul 19, 2016, 4:15:26 AM7/19/16
to wi...@googlegroups.com
Not sure about your config, but a quick cheat will be to find the winff EN language file and copy it over the DE one.  Please make sure you can undo that if it doesn't work!

Francois_C

Jul 19, 2016, 9:22:04 AM7/19/16
to WinFF
Le mardi 19 juillet 2016 08:51:00 UTC+2, Stef a écrit :
Sometimes it doesn't help to force-translate everything into non-English by all means.

Woof! I totally agree with you. Translators are sometimes purists. And purists are not necessarily clever;)