AVI file

Alameine

Sep 21, 2015, 6:29:24 AM9/21/15
to WinFF
 Hi
convert avi to mpeg and this is shown Invalid data found when processing input
can not convert the avi file
Maurice

Francois_C

Sep 21, 2015, 12:49:33 PM9/21/15
to WinFF
Does it happen with all AVI files?
AVI is only a container, and it may include lots of video and audio encodings.

ma1

Sep 21, 2015, 3:31:01 PM9/21/15
to wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Have only converted one AVI file so far and that was from an
vcr tape in win xp
Have a few VCR tapes to convert to mpeg to burn with linux
K3b
Thanks for reply
Maurice
----- Original Message Follows -----
> Does it happen with all AVI files?
> AVI is only a container, and it may include lots of video
> and audio encodings.
>
> Le lundi 21 septembre 2015 12:29:24 UTC+2, Alameine a
> écrit : >
> > Hi
> > convert avi to mpeg and this is shown Invalid data found
> > when processing input
> > can not convert the avi file
> > Maurice

Francois_C

Sep 22, 2015, 1:55:02 PM9/22/15
to WinFF, m...@clear.net.nz
Why not rip directly to MPEG? I always rip old VCR and analog camcorder tapes to MPEG. AVI generally uses lossy and yet outdated video codecs like DivX and XviD, and a double conversion will not improve those already poor VCR images.
Maybe you use a commercial bundle for beginners which produces only AVI? With which software are you making your rips? Can you send a small sample?