Compiling WinFF on Mac?

Francois_C

Jan 23, 2015, 6:58:33 AM1/23/15
to wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi every body,

I'm not a Mac fanatic (I hate Apple indeed), but my brother needs a converter like WinFF, and I would like to share my presets with him, so WinFF would be better than FFMpegX.
Are there special requirements or limitations about compiling WinFF on Mac? Of course, changing the intermediate bat/sh files and eventually path styles (though I suppose most "ifdef linux" would suit OS X). Is the adventure worth trying, though I have no Mac at home (and will never drop a cent into the pockets of the Apple sect), and maybe my brother will not allow me to install Lazarus on his costly device;)

I'm a bit lazy about cross-compiling from Linux…

François.

Ian Stoffberg

Jan 23, 2015, 7:36:10 AM1/23/15
to wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I did it a few years ago.  Only issue was the bundling off ffmpeg.  I eventually installed another converter (possibly Handbrake) and copied their bin files for ffmpeg ffplay into the winff bundle.

worked fine with a generic Lazarus for OSX.

I thought of making a OSX Build for the stable 1.42 release, but couldn't be bothered to deal with an influx of new users hating on winff because of the name or because it didn't look as slick as photoshop ;)

cheers

Jacky Henry

May 25, 2016, 5:53:23 AM5/25/16
to WinFF
iDealshare VideoGo is also the nice alternative to WinFF for Mac and Windows
You may get it from http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/winff-for-mac-windows-alternative.html

在 2015年1月23日星期五 UTC+8下午7:58:33,Francois_C写道:

Camilla Hower

Jul 18, 2018, 10:13:25 PM7/18/18
to WinFF

WinFF is just compatible with Windows, Debian and Ubuntu and there is definitely no Mac version.

If you want to get a WinFF for Mac alternative, you may prefer to this guide: http://www.faasoft.com/articles/winff-for-mac-alternative.html

It strongly recommends a powerful WinFF for Mac alternative.

BiggMatt

Jul 18, 2018, 10:26:35 PM7/18/18
to wi...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, there a lot of do this for windows and this for linux. About a third of the program. People have tried with no results

Ian Stoffberg

Jul 19, 2018, 12:19:31 AM7/19/18
to wi...@googlegroups.com
When I ran a hackintosh.  I downloaded the source and managed to compile it for linux.

This was a few years ago mind you.

The main issues were:

1) the linux includes need to be used for mac.  Not sure if I used a different include like UNIX or MAC.  Can't remember, but if fixed the issues opening the config files and populating the presets.  Also helped in making the script files work as windows bat files were not an option.
2) second challenge was the application bundle needed copies of ffmpeg and ffplay to work and they have to be included in the .app bundle.  as a quick hack I opened the handbrake app and copied the files to the same path inside the winff compiled app.

It worked, but this was at least 8 years ago.  Interestingly enough, winff core app hasn't changed drastically over the years so your main challenge will be on the mac side if Apple has changed something on OSX or if the Lazarus port has a niggle.  It might be possible that Lazarus supports the ffmpeg/ffplay dependencies in the project build process, so you'd score there...

I didn't want to maintain an OSX port as both Matt and I don't really want the attention (nagging) of another community.   Not very nice of me, I know....

Good luck.  I would be interested to know if somebody gets this to work (or just uses Handbrake instead).

Cheers.

Francois_C

Jul 19, 2018, 11:33:38 AM7/19/18
to WinFF
Once again, "Camilla Hower "is nothing but a f**king SPAMMER and we should not answer such posts, but rather have them deleted. We got the same sort of fake last week.

They come like hungry ravens from some dirty audio/video converting software site, adopt a feminine name in order to get more indulgence, and, instead of asking a real question, they drop their dirty links here…

Francois_C

Jul 19, 2018, 11:54:59 AM7/19/18
to WinFF
BTW, I visited the link: I think no one should trust these marketing methods; they are cheaters:

They created a page with the name "WINFF for Mac" (WinFF for Mac to Convert and Edit Video and Audio on Mac and Windows), which leads to their dirty little soft, which indeed is named Faasoft Video Converter, and is one of these innumerable converters (with possibly crapware inside). At least we should ask them to remove the name "WinFF for Mac".

BiggMatt

Jul 19, 2018, 7:24:10 PM7/19/18
to wi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info. I have seen others, not to much to do about it