Can't compile Winff 1.5.5 - PCLinuxOS

Alessandro Ebersol

Feb 22, 2018, 1:14:54 PM2/22/18
to WinFF

Dear gentlemen,

I'm trying to compile and package Winff 1.5.5, but, with no success.

FPC and Lazarus were recently updated in my distro, so, I 'm guessing the problem is related to the version of those programs.
Lazarus is version 1.8.0
FPC is version 3.0.4

I do have a spec file, so to create the RPM package, and, the build line is as follows:
lazbuild \
%ifarch x86_64
    --cpu=x86_64 \
    --operating-system=linux \
%endif
--widgetset=gtk2 \
    -B winff.lpr
strip --strip-all winff

So far, so good, but, it responds me with errors in the compiling process.

 In the compiling process, it gives this error message:
unit1.pas(3111) Fatal: (10026) There were 5 errors compiling module, stopping

And stops.

I've tried opening the project (lpr) in Lazarus and it gives a good number of error messages:
unit1.pas(2029,17) Error: Identifier not found "RemoveDirUTF8"
unit1.pas(2378,19) Error: Identifier not found "UTF8ToConsole"
unit1.pas(2391,27) Error: Identifier not found "UTF8ToConsole"
unit1.pas(2395,27) Error: Identifier not found "UTF8ToConsole"
unit1.pas(2407,21) Error: Identifier not found "UTF8ToConsole"

And the programs stops.

So, I don't know what to do anymore, regarding Winff.

If you could help me, it would be much appreciated, since we have in our repos the 1.5.3 version, and I would like to update it.

Ok ?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Ian Stoffberg

Feb 22, 2018, 1:24:08 PM2/22/18
to wi...@googlegroups.com
Saw the same errors here.

Could be a recent change to the Lazarus/FPC versions.

Hoping one of the Ubuntu users can help...

Paul Gevers

Feb 22, 2018, 1:51:45 PM2/22/18
to wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You can see here¹ that in Debian Winff builds without problems with fpc
3.0.4 and lazarus 1.8.0. However, for Lazarus 1.8.0 we apply a patch².

Paul

¹
https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/debian/rb-pkg/unstable/amd64/winff.html
²
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-pascal/winff.git/tree/debian/patches/enable-build-with-lazarus-1.8.patch

On 22-02-18 19:23, Ian Stoffberg wrote:
> Saw the same errors here.
> http://muscles.dragonflybsd.org/synth/logs/multimedia___winff.log
>
> Could be a recent change to the Lazarus/FPC versions.
>
> Hoping one of the Ubuntu users can help...
>
> On 22 February 2018 at 20:14, Alessandro Ebersol <aleb...@gmail.com
> send an email to winff+un...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:winff+un...@googlegroups.com>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>

> --
signature.asc

Francois_C

Feb 23, 2018, 8:53:19 AM2/23/18
to WinFF
Le jeudi 22 février 2018 19:14:54 UTC+1, Alessandro Ebersol a écrit :

I've tried opening the project (lpr) in Lazarus and it gives a good number of error messages:
unit1.pas(2029,17) Error: Identifier not found "RemoveDirUTF8"
unit1.pas(2378,19) Error: Identifier not found "UTF8ToConsole"
unit1.pas(2391,27) Error: Identifier not found "UTF8ToConsole"
unit1.pas(2395,27) Error: Identifier not found "UTF8ToConsole"
unit1.pas(2407,21) Error: Identifier not found "UTF8ToConsole"

If you could help me, it would be much appreciated, since we have in our repos the 1.5.3 version, and I would like to update it.

Just add LazUTF8, LazFileUtils to the 'uses' statement, like in the patch by Paul.

Alessandro Ebersol

Feb 26, 2018, 7:31:27 PM2/26/18
to WinFF
Thanks Paul, I saw all your answers just today. Gonna try the patch, next time I try to compile WinFF, which I'll do until the end of this week.

Thanks a lot!

And thanks to all who commented here, you rock folks!

Regards,

Alessandro Ebersol

Mar 19, 2018, 2:59:02 PM3/19/18
to WinFF
Dear friends,

Now, it worked. With the Debian patch, it compiled and built the package.
Now, there's another small error, but, I'll open another post to report it.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Em segunda-feira, 26 de fevereiro de 2018 21:31:27 UTC-3, Alessandro