h.264 exports not playing right in Quicktime Player or iPhone, but work fine in VLC

Grant Pichla

Feb 23, 2015, 11:51:53 AM2/23/15
to wi...@googlegroups.com
Anyone experiencing this?  The video plays choppy when opened on iphones, some web browsers like Internet Explorer, or in Quicktime player.  It plays fine in Firefox and VLC.

The picture itself gets distorted every 5 seconds or so, and I think the codec is too much for Quicktime player to handle.  I was hoping to resolve this, since we send a lot of videos out as clickable links, and we've had some complaints.  We are using x264 for the quality of the image that we can get out of such low bitrates... Premiere's h.264 renders look really bad at the bitrates we need to maintain.

Thanks,
Grant
Untitled.jpg