Winff 1.5.5 doesn't encode to MP4

Alessandro Ebersol

Mar 19, 2018, 3:13:04 PM3/19/18
to WinFF

Dear friends,

I successfully compiled and packaged Winff 1.5.5

But, there's a problem with the presets (I guess).

I can't convert to MP4.

It gives the following error message:  Unknown encoder  libvo_aacenc

And stops there.

So, I'm asking if there's a workaround this problem, or, any tips on this issue.

My ffmpeg is version 3.4.2

Ok ?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Paul Gevers

Mar 19, 2018, 3:19:22 PM3/19/18
to wi...@googlegroups.com, Alessandro Ebersol
Hi Alessandro,

I can't remember the details without digging into log messages, but in
Debian, I use the aac coded instead of libvo_aacenc. I believe the later
one was better than an older aac codec, but nowadays aac is ok (and/or
the problem was with freeness). Anyways, drop libvo_aacenc in favor of
aac and you should be fine.

Paul
> --

signature.asc

Alessandro Ebersol

Mar 19, 2018, 4:26:58 PM3/19/18
to WinFF
Well, this libvo_aacenc is in the presets. Could you point me a working preset for MP4 ? So I could incorporate it in the source and compile Winff again ?
Thanks for your tips,
Much appreciated,

Regards,

Paul Gevers

Mar 19, 2018, 4:30:09 PM3/19/18
to wi...@googlegroups.com, Alessandro Ebersol
You don't need to compile WinFF to change the presets.

Just load the presets file in $HOME/.winff/presets.xml in a text editor
and find-replace libvo_aacenc with aac.

Paul
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
signature.asc

Alessandro Ebersol

Mar 19, 2018, 10:20:52 PM3/19/18
to WinFF
Just that ???

Well, well, gonna do it. Thanks again.

Will post the results soon.

Regards,

Alessandro Ebersol

Mar 30, 2018, 7:36:30 PM3/30/18
to WinFF

Dear friends,

Thanks for the AAC tip. It worked like a charm, now, everything is fine again.

Thanks Paul! Much appreciated!

Regards,