Layout problem

José García Pérez

Jun 14, 2015, 1:19:33 PM6/14/15
to wi...@googlegroups.com
I think there's a problem with the layout of the very last line (the one that let you use the same folder for the output and for the input file). The problem is that the name of the input folder hides the name of the output folder (I send an attached image).

I hope you can redistribute the items to avoid this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Emilio.
LayoutProblem.png
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Francois_C

Jun 15, 2015, 11:45:36 AM6/15/15
to wi...@googlegroups.com
Maybe this is connected with the Linux theme you are using. You could try to change it.
As I use a version I compile myself, I can avoid this issue. But there is few room to adjust the forms.
Look at my screenshot. You may use my executable instead of yours (it is 1.5.4, not sure this is the latest version...)
Screenshot - 15062015 - 17:35:15.png
winff.tar.gz

Paul Gevers

Jun 15, 2015, 1:55:13 PM6/15/15
to wi...@googlegroups.com
The proper solution to this is that the form makes the field flexible
and locks it to the fields above. I have done that multiple times in
Winff, but once in a while a field gets added where it is forgotten to
do it properly. The Lazarus IDE doesn't really help to do it correctly,
as the defaults are wrong.

Anyways, it is overdue that I had a look at Winff again (the current
package fails to build from source in Debian due to a change in fpc), I
will see if I can patch this problem in the archive.

Paul
> --

signature.asc

José García Pérez

Jun 16, 2015, 12:49:54 PM6/16/15
to wi...@googlegroups.com

Maybe this is connected with the Linux theme you are using.

Maybe, but I'm using opensuse 13.2 default theme (it's called openSUSElight). Perhaps it also could be connected with the size of the fonts (I'm using 120 ppp because I have got a big monitor and I prefer to be far from it).

I've tried your executable instead of mine (I attach a couple of pics). Now I can see the last line, but only if I use the scroll bar (what is a bit annoyed).

Thank you for the reply.

Regards.

Emilio.
LayoutProblem1.png
LayoutProblem2.png

Paul Gevers

Jun 16, 2015, 2:38:26 PM6/16/15
to wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi José,

On 16-06-15 18:49, José García Pérez wrote:
> Maybe, but I'm using opensuse 13.2 default theme (it's called
> openSUSElight). Perhaps it also could be connected with the size of the
> fonts (I'm using 120 ppp because I have got a big monitor and I prefer
> to be far from it).

I am pretty sure it is because of your font size. I want to support that.

> I've tried your executable instead of mine (I attach a couple of pics).
> Now I can see the last line, but only if I use the scroll bar (what is a
> bit annoyed).

Well, either the scroll bar or overlap. I think you should enlarge the
Winff window to get rid of the scroll bar.

Paul

signature.asc

Francois_C

Jun 17, 2015, 9:55:17 AM6/17/15
to wi...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is connected with the font. I noticed it at last, but, as Google doesn't allow us to edit our posts, I needed to delete my post once more and redo everything from scratch including the attachments for the fourth time…

I think I can build a new binary with a somehow larger form  within minutes. But when I am on Linux (to the moment, I'm using Windows 7).

Tell me whether you want to try.

José García Pérez

Jun 18, 2015, 11:18:45 AM6/18/15
to wi...@googlegroups.com

Well, either the scroll bar or overlap. I think you should enlarge the
Winff window to get rid of the scroll bar.

No, I can't. If I try to enlarge the Winff window _only_ the upper part gets bigger (take a look at the pic). There's no way to resize the lower middle  part of the window :-(

Tell me whether you want to try.

I'm looking forward to try whatever solution to this problem you are able to develop :-)
LayoutProblem3.png

Ian Stoffberg

Jun 18, 2015, 11:47:18 AM6/18/15
to wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

I noticed this sort of behaviour while working with GTK more than QT.  Does this happen when you use a QT build?

Ian