December Brony Breakfast and Hearts Warming Eve Ideas!

Double 8

Nov 27, 2012, 11:29:15 AM11/27/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
So far we've had a pretty good run of successful breakfast meetups, so let's start planning the next one for December.

My idea is we go to the Original Pancake House near the Lincoln Park Zoo and maybe after Breakfast we go to the Zoo ourselves.

Or there is an IHOP up near the Sheridan stop on the Red Line.

What about you guys think?

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Nov 27, 2012, 11:37:11 AM11/27/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I'm liking the first idea

Wildtiel

Nov 27, 2012, 7:40:06 PM11/27/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
IHOP seems a little bland compared to our two previous locations. Original Pancake House sounds like the better idea

RaccoonRat

Nov 27, 2012, 11:55:17 PM11/27/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Parking by the zoo is like 30 bucks.  So I prob wouldn't drive.  Plus depends if I have work or not.  I suppose I can always have someone pick up my shift.

Neutral Blue

Nov 28, 2012, 1:21:41 AM11/28/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
That other Swedish place I mentioned, Tre Kronor, is in the zone of the Brown Line, though it's a bit of a walk, so something else or carpooling might be advisable.

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Nov 29, 2012, 11:22:44 AM11/29/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
What day are we thinking about?  Personally for me the 9th would be the best seeing as I have work the 16th and I'm not sure how many of you are gonna be free on the 23rd.

Carlos Enriquez

Nov 29, 2012, 5:23:52 PM11/29/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
The 9th wouldn't be too bad, the 16th would be better, though as it's right in the middle of the month.

Double 8

Nov 30, 2012, 7:16:33 PM11/30/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
So it looks like everypony on the facebook group likes the 9th for the date of the meetup as well as the Original Pancake House followed by the Zoo.

I do have to warn you, OPH is a tad pricey, so unless someone knows another breakfast place, we might have to look at Tre Konor as an option.

Carlos Enriquez

Dec 1, 2012, 6:43:11 PM12/1/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Okay, so Original Pancake House it is. We'll go to Tre Konor for January's meetup.

Double 8

Dec 2, 2012, 9:50:24 PM12/2/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Same as before, we meetup in front of the restaurant at 10:15 am, then at 10:30 we go in and dine. Afterwards, we walk on over to the Lincoln Park Zoo to go look at the animals or whatever it is people do at zoos.

Restaurant Location is here: http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&pc=FACEBK&mid=8100&rtp=adr.~pos.41.918964482077_-87.63653299469_Original+Pancake+House_2020+N+Lincoln+Park+W+Ste+2%2C+Chicago%2C+Illinois+60614-4734&cp=41.918964482077~-87.63653299469&lvl=16&sty=r&rtop=0~0~0~&mode=D&FORM=FBKPL1&mkt=en-US