Brony Breakfast!

Double 8

Oct 1, 2012, 9:01:58 AM10/1/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
So I want to hold another Brony Breakfast meetup in the city again, but this time I want to hold it at a different restaurant.

Here are the suggestions

1) The Original Pancake House near the Lincoln Park Zoo
2) The Sweet Maple Cafe near UIC (our original meeting place)
3) Ann Sather off the Belmont CTA stop.

All are pretty good eats. What do you all ponies think?

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Oct 1, 2012, 12:01:33 PM10/1/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Sweet Maple is fantastic and literally right down the block from where I live so that gets my vote

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 1, 2012, 5:32:03 PM10/1/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
Not gonna lie, my vote is on Sweet Maple too.

RaccoonRat

Oct 1, 2012, 6:17:53 PM10/1/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Sweet Maple is closest to me, so yea.  Just don't know when I can go though.  Starting my second job this week and all.

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 1, 2012, 7:57:24 PM10/1/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
It would be in the morning, preferably on a sunday.

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 1, 2012, 7:58:06 PM10/1/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
Shooting maybe for the 14th

RaccoonRat

Oct 2, 2012, 1:18:30 AM10/2/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
MY BIRTHDAY!!  BUT...that's the day of the Fright Fest meetup.

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 2, 2012, 8:53:48 AM10/2/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
Totally forgot, man!

Regardless, I want to have it on on this Sunday so we can talk about the Nightmare Night Meetup, too.

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 2, 2012, 8:54:09 AM10/2/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
Oops, meant that Sunday, the 14th.

RaccoonRat

Oct 2, 2012, 11:31:08 AM10/2/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
So that means you're not gonna go to fright fest with me, caleb, chris, and possibly dan?

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 2, 2012, 1:49:19 PM10/2/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
Still unsure.

Double 8

Oct 4, 2012, 5:33:22 AM10/4/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
So Sweet Maple on the 14th?

I'm thinking 9 or 10.

Which works best?

Double 8

Oct 5, 2012, 2:59:17 PM10/5/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
I'm thinking 10 would be best.

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Oct 5, 2012, 9:15:31 PM10/5/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
SMC on a sunday at 10 is gonna be packed, just so you know

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 5, 2012, 9:43:08 PM10/5/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
Okay, so 9 maybe? You're the expert here, Mitch.

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Oct 5, 2012, 9:54:13 PM10/5/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
10 is fine, just know that no matter what time we go sundays are usually pretty busy there.

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 6, 2012, 8:27:58 AM10/6/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
Okey doke!

Blaine

Oct 10, 2012, 9:00:01 AM10/10/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
Bah, it's taken me forever to reply to this (curse being busy!), but I'm totally down. I've never been to this place either, so that should be awesome.

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Oct 10, 2012, 9:19:35 AM10/10/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
You're in for a treat, SMC is fantastic

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 10, 2012, 11:36:37 AM10/10/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com

Mark McGuire

Oct 10, 2012, 4:01:30 PM10/10/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
I should be there if I don't have an RPG session on Sunday.  Looking forward to it.

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 10, 2012, 5:13:09 PM10/10/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
Sweet!

Neutral Blue

Oct 12, 2012, 12:40:26 PM10/12/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Alright, hey, everypony.

Sorry I've been so incommunicado since Ravinia, without new episodes I'm slipping into hibernation over here.

I'm going to try to make it to this one, and hopefully meet some of these new faces who've been coming around.

With luck, see you all there.

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 12, 2012, 8:13:43 PM10/12/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
Sweet! I hope we have a fairly big turnout!

Double 8

Oct 14, 2012, 9:55:05 PM10/14/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Good News Everpony!

Our Meetup today was successful! We had 9 ponies show up today and we all had an awesome time at the Sweet Maple Cafe. We saw some old faces and a lot of new, but ultimately, what we took away from this is the want, the need to make Sunday breakfast meetups our monthly thing.

Personally, I am totally up for it because it fits with my schedule at the moment, but most of the bronies who showed up today enjoyed hanging out so much that they demanded more meetups like this.

Breakfast + Ponies = Good.

Double 8

Oct 28, 2012, 8:19:55 PM10/28/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Okay, let's start looking at next month's breakfast meetup! I think we have a pretty awesome place lined up for November's breakfast (Anne Sather on Belmont), but the real question is what day would work best for everypony?

caitlin grandfield

Oct 28, 2012, 8:40:29 PM10/28/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
sunday always works for me.

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Oct 28, 2012, 9:51:48 PM10/28/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I like sunday's as well, although I hope it's somewhere I can watch the Bears game depending on when we meet

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 29, 2012, 8:32:09 AM10/29/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Well, it's a breakfast meetup, so 9 or 10.

RaccoonRat

Oct 30, 2012, 1:14:41 AM10/30/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I am miraculously off this Sunday (the third)!  So I would totally be down for that day.

RaccoonRat

Oct 30, 2012, 1:18:02 AM10/30/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Chris said he would be down for this Sunday too.  Oh, and I mean Sunday the 4th.

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 30, 2012, 1:24:09 AM10/30/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
It might be a little soon for this Sunday. What's the rest of your month look like.

RaccoonRat

Oct 30, 2012, 3:59:20 AM10/30/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Probably work work work.  This Sunday would probably be the only time.  Plus Chris said he would be down.  How about everypony else??

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Oct 30, 2012, 8:40:58 AM10/30/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I could do this sunday, I have a ton of HW I need to do but I got all weekend

Mark McGuire

Oct 30, 2012, 10:53:49 AM10/30/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I think I can do this Sunday as well.

Mark McGuire

Oct 30, 2012, 12:31:56 PM10/30/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Also realize that the Museum of Science and Industry meetup is that day.  https://www.facebook.com/events/429003463826420/433341236725976/

If we were going to do a breakfast meet-up I'd like to do it earlier so I can get to the field museum.  Is anyone else interested in doing both meet-ups?

RaccoonRat

Oct 30, 2012, 4:12:08 PM10/30/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
In the words of Twilight, Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 30, 2012, 8:49:45 PM10/30/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I can't do this Sunday, guys. You're going to have to go without me.

RaccoonRat

Oct 31, 2012, 2:05:31 AM10/31/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Nooo!!  Who is gonna navigate us through the city??  You can't try and get someone to work for you?
Going to breakfast and then going to the museum meetup sounds like great plan.  So far I have me, Mark, Mitch, Chris, and Caleb want to go.
Maybe we can just go to the Museum meetup and get something to eat near there??

Mark McGuire

Oct 31, 2012, 3:30:58 AM10/31/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Let's try to meet up somewhere beforehand, if not at a breakfast specific place, somewhere to get an early meal.  Questions are:
Where abouts do we want to meet up? (Union, near the Museum, etc)
When do we want to meet up? (8, 9, 10 which is pushing it)

RaccoonRat

Oct 31, 2012, 4:23:20 AM10/31/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
since parking is a lot downtown, I think it might be preferable to get something to eat in or around the museum.  I know I am driving with Chris and Caleb to the museum and we will only get there at 11 since one of them is driving from Wisconsin.  I'm pretty sure there is a cafe or food court in the museum.  But you all can do what you want beforehand.

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 31, 2012, 8:13:06 AM10/31/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Hold on fellas, is the meetup at the field museum or the museum of science and industry? Both are very different.

RaccoonRat

Oct 31, 2012, 3:15:44 PM10/31/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Museum of Science and Industry at 11 am.

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 31, 2012, 3:48:37 PM10/31/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I can't go.

RaccoonRat

Oct 31, 2012, 4:17:19 PM10/31/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
We are probably gonna go ahead with the museum this Sunday.  Then we can do Ann Sathers next weekend or a Sunday when everypony is free.

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 31, 2012, 4:18:02 PM10/31/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good. Have fun guys!

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:17 PM, RaccoonRat <brad_r...@yahoo.com> wrote:
We are probably gonna go ahead with the museum this Sunday.  Then we can do Ann Sathers next weekend or a Sunday when everypony is free.

Double 8

Nov 3, 2012, 12:22:24 PM11/3/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Okay, so the Anne Sather meetup needs to happen. What weekend works best, 10th or the 17th?

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Nov 3, 2012, 5:59:14 PM11/3/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Well if we're doing it on a saturday the 17th would be much better for me because I got some stupid field trip I need to go on.  Who would have thought I'd be going on field trips in college... especially on a satruday

Carlos Enriquez

Nov 3, 2012, 7:14:00 PM11/3/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, not the 10th and 17th, I meant the 11 and the 18th. Those are Sundays.

Caitlin

Nov 3, 2012, 7:37:32 PM11/3/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
The 11th works for me.

Sent from my iPod

On 2012-11-03, at 6:14 PM, Carlos Enriquez <infinit...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry, not the 10th and 17th, I meant the 11 and the 18th. Those are Sundays.

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Nov 3, 2012, 11:05:22 PM11/3/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
in that case the 11th works for me as well

Louis Jenkins

Double 8

Nov 4, 2012, 7:07:47 PM11/4/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Louis, that was for the last meetup. We're heading towards Anne Sather this time around.

Double 8

Nov 5, 2012, 10:42:56 AM11/5/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Good News Everypony!

I've already made reservations at Anne Sather's for this Sunday. Also, the meetup will be at 10:30 to give any stragglers some time to get there. See you all this Sunday!

Genesis Amora

Nov 6, 2012, 1:35:58 AM11/6/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
lol watching food network, Ann Sathers was on there lol

Carlos Enriquez

Nov 6, 2012, 1:51:33 AM11/6/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
--

how do I like this?

Genesis Amora

Nov 6, 2012, 12:16:50 PM11/6/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Lol XD apparently there pecan rolls and cinnimon rolls are awesome. Also they make french toast with a cinnimon roll 030

Carlos Enriquez

Nov 6, 2012, 1:07:38 PM11/6/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
You bet! I've eaten there before and I can totally testify it's awesomeness!

Genesis Amora

Nov 6, 2012, 1:40:50 PM11/6/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Sooo wanna go

Carlos Enriquez

Nov 6, 2012, 2:00:13 PM11/6/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
You should!

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Nov 6, 2012, 4:18:59 PM11/6/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there :D

On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:00:15 PM UTC-6, Double 8 wrote:
You should!

Carlos Enriquez

Nov 6, 2012, 5:58:14 PM11/6/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
YES!

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Nov 6, 2012, 6:23:54 PM11/6/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Looking forward too it, this week is gonna be rough so it'll be nice to relax and unwind with ponies this weekend

On Tuesday, November 6, 2012 3:58:15 PM UTC-7, Double 8 wrote:
YES!

RaccoonRat

Nov 7, 2012, 4:00:55 PM11/7/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I think I can go.  Is there parking around there because I have to drive because I have work later at 1:30 so I would have to leave by 11:30-11:45.

mitchva...@yahoo.com

Nov 8, 2012, 1:00:50 PM11/8/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
just to clarify ann sather's is on Belmont right?

Carlos Enriquez

Nov 8, 2012, 1:27:00 PM11/8/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Eeyup.