Season 3 taking a new turn

Genesis Amora

Dec 16, 2012, 11:22:40 PM12/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Sooo one thing I really noticed about season 3...Celestia is getting no love, with letters I mean.
Did they just decide that they know everything about friendship now or...?
Don know, but I just found that odd.
Also noticed that they are taking a heavy liking to the ponies less appealing sides (Fluttershy's rage and Pinkie's mental instability, to list ones I remember)
Really hope this doesn't keep up, also, what happened to Spike's baby phoenix?

There is only like, what, 6 episodes left? Really I hope they produce some better episodes, the only real good ones were the season opening, the Scoots episode, and the episode with Dash in the Wonderbolts academy.

Anyone else's thoughts?

Carlos Enriquez

Dec 17, 2012, 1:23:52 AM12/17/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Personally, I think all the less appealing sides are just played for laughs and kind of show how the characters have grown a bit over time. I've actually been liking the new episodes lately because I feel like the writing has not only matured, but also broadened itself to a wider audience. This is the season they decided that this show no longer aimed at little girls. The kind of Looney Tunes humor, the seriousness of some of the problems the characters face all add to that. There are some missteps here and there regarding character continuity, but most of it is negligible (to me at least). So far, the only weak episode(s) have been the season opener and that's only because with every each new one that comes out makes me finds something for me admire about it. Magic Duel, Sleepless in Ponyville, and One Bad Seed so far lead my faves of this season. Wonderbolts Academy is very, very good, but hits too close home and will probably one of the few eps I won't revisit because of personal connections.

Genesis Amora

Dec 22, 2012, 7:06:03 PM12/22/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Yeeeeeeeees Applejack is better then errypony else right now, considering she just wrote that letter to Celestia XD keepin it alive ftw

Carlos Enriquez

Dec 23, 2012, 6:30:33 PM12/23/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
That also made me happy. Also, foal AJ almost gave me heart disease.

Genesis Amora

Dec 24, 2012, 2:40:15 AM12/24/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Almost? Dude I defiantly got type 1 and 2 diabetes, and had a heart attack, like I could not handle foal Applejack properly.

Carlos Enriquez

Dec 24, 2012, 10:20:17 AM12/24/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Rewatched that scene again last night. I have a heart disease now.

Genesis Amora

Dec 24, 2012, 10:48:37 AM12/24/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I can't rewatch it for fear of going into an adorable coma

Carlos Enriquez

Dec 24, 2012, 1:35:49 PM12/24/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Same.