Anything planned for Nightmare Night?

Genesis Amora

Oct 10, 2012, 11:20:15 AM10/10/12
to Windy City Bronies
I didn't see an offical post about it, so I thought I would ask.
Especially since this is the first year I'm actually having a scary
costume and I wanna show it off lol

So any plans yet?

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 10, 2012, 11:39:51 AM10/10/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
There were plans to hold it maybe at Caitlin's place, but her roommates are moving out soon, so that's kind of going to be difficult. I was thinking maybe doing FrankenPlaza, but that's seems more for kids (not that that won't stop us anyway). What did you have in mind?

Genesis Amora

Oct 10, 2012, 9:54:24 PM10/10/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Honesty I have zero ideas
Though you won't see me where there are a great deal of kids...
I'd hate to scare then :(

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 11, 2012, 12:55:30 AM10/11/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
Well, the only other idea I had was going to a Rocky Horror Picture Show meetup on the 26th or 27th, but I feel like that should be a separate event.

Maybe Navy Pier or hanging at someone's house might nice.

Genesis Amora

Oct 12, 2012, 12:01:19 AM10/12/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Ooo those sound fun!

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 12, 2012, 8:37:38 AM10/12/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
What would you be up for? I personally wanted a get together at somepony's house because I wanted to bake Halloween Goodies.

Genesis Amora

Oct 12, 2012, 7:38:36 PM10/12/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like fun :D though I don't really know who would want to offer their house

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 12, 2012, 8:14:43 PM10/12/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
Maybe someone at the Breakfast meetup this Sunday might be so kind.

Genesis Amora

Oct 12, 2012, 9:14:20 PM10/12/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I hope so :3 wish I could attend that

Genesis Amora

Oct 16, 2012, 12:24:25 PM10/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I remember someone saying getting some kind of room(?) In a different post, maybe we could do something like that?

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 16, 2012, 7:38:53 PM10/16/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
That would be much better idea than finding someone who can lend us their basement or living room, the only question that remains is where we'd be able to find someplace like that that isn't a restaurant.

Genesis Amora

Oct 16, 2012, 10:38:30 PM10/16/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Hmm well I know the community center by me lets people rent out rooms for a decent price...maybe we could find something like that?

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 16, 2012, 11:25:12 PM10/16/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
That sounds cool. If we all pool money together, then we can rent it out. What day would be best for everypony?

Genesis Amora

Oct 17, 2012, 12:14:57 AM10/17/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:25:14 PM UTC-5, Double 8 wrote:
That sounds cool. If we all pool money together, then we can rent it out. What day would be best for everypony?
 Weekends are best for me, and we should defiantly start seeing where we could have this.

RaccoonRat

Oct 17, 2012, 1:40:02 AM10/17/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Well, any day but the 28th, that's the rescheduled date for Fright Fest.

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 17, 2012, 2:08:11 AM10/17/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
How much does that place cost that you mentioned, GA?

Genesis Amora

Oct 17, 2012, 10:33:58 AM10/17/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
Well it varies with room size, but I live all the way out in the burbs so I think it would be kinda hard for most of the people to get here.

Blaine

Oct 18, 2012, 7:59:47 AM10/18/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
I'm cool with chipping in some cash to rent a place. Unfortunately, the burbs are indeed out of my reach, so going out there isn't an option for me. If I was still in school I could sign out a room, but alas, I am not, so I can't =[

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 18, 2012, 8:27:27 AM10/18/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
NB is still in school right? Maybe he can sign a room out for us.

Genesis Amora

Oct 18, 2012, 9:25:29 AM10/18/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Oh that's right, he is, I can talk to him about it

Neutral Blue

Oct 18, 2012, 10:29:21 PM10/18/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Hey all, Gen told me about the room thing.

I think that might work out, what time & date are we looking at here? I can go in tomorrow and poke around about it.

Also, sorry for flaking on the Maple thing, mornings are troubling, but I'll get back into the swing of things once the new season is out.

Genesis Amora

Oct 19, 2012, 8:42:23 PM10/19/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Thinking about it, the only real date would be 27th. How many people have that day free?

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 19, 2012, 9:47:26 PM10/19/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
I sadly don't have the day free, so you can count me out.

Genesis Amora

Oct 21, 2012, 12:02:02 AM10/21/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
Aw...that's too bad...
No one else seems to be interested in this sadly...
Damn. I was going to bake a ton of stuff

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 21, 2012, 8:44:29 AM10/21/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
I know, I'm bummed out too.

Mark McGuire

Oct 21, 2012, 11:08:40 AM10/21/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
I'm kind of interested, but the organization funding my professor is coming the 29th and 30th, so whether I can make it is up in the air.

Genesis Amora

Oct 21, 2012, 1:27:50 PM10/21/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
Another maybe. Ya know what, I'm going to make my stuff ANYWAY. And I'm gonna give it to hobos. Cause hobos should celebrate Nightmare Night.

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 22, 2012, 4:41:45 PM10/22/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
Hobos would love that. Or you could feed it to pigeons.

Genesis Amora

Oct 22, 2012, 8:44:50 PM10/22/12
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com, windycit...@googlegroups.com
I get fined for being nice to my pigeon buddies lol

Carlos Enriquez

Oct 23, 2012, 5:57:43 AM10/23/12
to windycit...@googlegroups.com
This country. :(