Brony Brinner

Neutral Blue

Jan 13, 2013, 3:42:35 PM1/13/13
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everypony,

I was talking with D8 at the last breakfast meetup (Good time, more people shoulda' made it!) and we're thinking of branching out to some later-evening dining for everypony who can't make it to the earlier breakfast meets. So how about dinner plans, eh? Are people more available for later evening meets, and if so, where do you want to be for 'em?

Carlos Enriquez

Jan 13, 2013, 4:13:56 PM1/13/13
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking Hollywood Grill, because it is near a blue line stop, but I was told that it has a Breakfast menu too, so I'm thinking maybe we might save that for a breakfast meetup.

I was thinking we might look toward's Chinatown for a Dinner meetup. I know a few places some that have great food, but are a little costly and I know of a place with good food and very reasonable prices. This place also serves century egg, which is something I've been meaning to try for awhile.

There's also plenty of places downtown and I know of a really good pizza place near Millennium Park with great deep dish pizza.

Mark McGuire

Jan 13, 2013, 6:23:14 PM1/13/13
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
There's a place in Chinatown that does $5.50 lunch specials until 3pm.  It wouldn't be dinner, but it might make a good lunch if people were interested.

Carlos Enriquez

Jan 13, 2013, 9:00:55 PM1/13/13
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
That's one idea right there.

Genesis Amora

Jan 14, 2013, 9:14:52 AM1/14/13
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I love Chinatown, that would be sooo fun to go to. I completely support the idea of going!

Carlos Enriquez

Jan 14, 2013, 3:22:04 PM1/14/13
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Should we shoot for sometime this before the end of this month or save it for Chinese New Year?

Genesis Amora

Jan 14, 2013, 5:00:49 PM1/14/13
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
I feel like Chinese New Year might be really busy.

Carlos Enriquez

Jan 14, 2013, 8:15:14 PM1/14/13
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Maybe if we go there for Lunch. Mark says he knows a place with good specials.

Also, someone on the FB page has also suggested a place called the Nile in Hyde park. It's Mediterranean food.

Mark McGuire

Jan 17, 2013, 11:46:29 PM1/17/13
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Even for lunch it'll probably be busy.  We could go some other time than Chinese New Year.  Would we want Saturday or Sunday?

Carlos Enriquez

Jan 18, 2013, 5:57:40 AM1/18/13
to WindyCit...@googlegroups.com
Either one would be nice. I would say let's make the first one of these on a Saturday, but I don't know what your guys' schedules are like.