Clearwire Class Action Lawsuit

Kyle Williams

Feb 4, 2011, 6:25:42 AM2/4/11
to wimax-...@googlegroups.com
Not sure about the verdict, or if one has been passed yet.  But interesting none the less.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/11/17/Internet.pdf

Romel Emperado

Feb 4, 2011, 7:49:37 AM2/4/11
to wimax-...@googlegroups.com
I also disagree of capping our connections..

I have 1mbps plan but after i reached the bandwidth of 35G my connection was capped and I called to the customer service to stop my subscription. the subscription has stopped but still I paid every month because we have contract!!! lol...WTF!!!

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Kyle Williams <kyle.kw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Not sure about the verdict, or if one has been passed yet.  But interesting none the less.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/11/17/Internet.pdf

---->thanks -- Mel  :) :) <-----

Michael Miller

Feb 4, 2011, 4:09:24 PM2/4/11
to wimax-...@googlegroups.com
I didn't see that but I see the same thing happening with Comcast.

Kind of off topic. An a warning to the rest of you.

Comcast does the up to X speed and then oversubscribes their network.  They also will not allow anyone to buy a Cable Modem with a EMTA.  Look at Amazon for proof of that.  They are also charging people $7.00 a month to rent a cable modem with a EMTA.  If you have the Digital Voice (That's not really digital) service to get the triple play package.  I did this to lower my bill.  They will not allow you to return the Cable modem with the EMTA.  Unless you want to cancel the Digital Voice service and get bumped out of the packet.  I didn't want to use the Cable Modem with EMTA because it's not DOCSIS 3.0 and I own a SB6120.  My gripe is I don't really see how that is any different when AT&T did sort of the same thing with telephones in the years 1970-1980.  Anyway I'm hoping to address this issue and warn everyone else.

It's also a joke if a company says they offer unlimited service.  I don't know if Romel's plan was unlimited but it seems like they capped him at 35 Gigs.  They should have let you out of the contract.

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 3:25 AM, Kyle Williams <kyle.kw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Not sure about the verdict, or if one has been passed yet.  But interesting none the less.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/11/17/Internet.pdf

Jason McLean

Feb 4, 2011, 7:54:11 PM2/4/11
to wimax-...@googlegroups.com
They billed me for 7 months after agreeing to terminate my agreement.   I originally agreed to pay 45 a month for Clear, and they agreed my service coverage was poor and that they would cancel it.  I however found i was billed a different rate of 35 a month for the next 7 months... i finally got it cleared up after threatening to sue them... but this happens a lot.