[WildFlowerIndia] Re: [Indiantreepix] SIDA ACUTA.

Neil Soares

Oct 10, 2007, 12:45:43 PM10/10/07
to Debasish Joardar, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com, indian...@googlegroups.com

Hi Debasish,
Yes it is Sida acuta. Sending photographs of
S.retusa and S.rhombifolia to complement yours.
With regards,
Neil Soares.

--- Debasish Joardar <djoardar1969@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Photographed at Bhadreshwar, Hooghly, West Bengal
> .
>
> Is it SIDA ACUTA (FAMILY- MALVACEAE)?
>
> Kindly confirm the identification.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Debasish Joardar

> http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Real Food Group

Share recipes

and favorite meals.

Stay in Shape

on Yahoo! Groups

Find a fitness Group

& get motivated.

Yoga Groups

Exchange insights

with members of

the yoga community.

.

__,_._,___
Sida retusa.jpg
Flower of Sida retusa.jpg
Sida rhombifolia.jpg

Tejal Dhulla Vishweshwar

Oct 12, 2007, 12:56:33 PM10/12/07
to WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com

Dear Neil

In your photographs of Sida retusa (only leaves), Sida Retusa (flower) & Sida rombhifolia;

The leaves of Sida retusa in one photo differs from the other photo of Sida retusa with flower.

In fact a Biology Prof. has recently introduced me to Sida rhombifolia Family Malvaceae & it resembles the one mentioned as Sida retusa (the photo only with leaves)

Regards,
Tejal Dhulla Vishweshwar

--
" We cannot have ecological movement
designed to prevent violence against nature,

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Real Food Group

Share recipes

and favorite meals

w/ Real Food lovers.

Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos and

more online.

Yahoo! Groups

Going Green

Share your passion

for the planet.

.

__,_._,___

Neil Soares

Oct 13, 2007, 9:04:10 AM10/13/07
to WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com

Hi Tejal,
In the photograph of Sida retusa with a
flower-please check the leaves lower down -they are
retuse.
Regards,
Neil Soares.

--- Tejal Dhulla Vishweshwar <tejal.roots@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Neil
>
> In your photographs of *Sida retusa (only leaves),
> Sida Retusa (flower) &
> Sida rombhifolia;*
> **
> The leaves of *Sida retusa* in one photo differs
> from the other photo of *Sida
> retusa* with flower.

> In fact a Biology Prof. has recently introduced me

> to *Sida rhombifolia* Family
> *Malvaceae *& it resembles the one mentioned as
> *Sida retusa* (the photo

> only with leaves)
>
> Regards,
> Tejal Dhulla Vishweshwar
>

> On 10/10/07, Neil Soares <drneilsoares@yahoo.com >
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Debasish,
> > Yes it is Sida acuta. Sending photographs of
> > S.retusa and S.rhombifolia to complement yours.
> > With regards,
> > Neil Soares.
> >

> > .
> >

> --
> " We cannot have ecological movement
> designed to prevent violence against nature,
> unless the principle of non-violence becomes
> central to the ethics of human culture." - Mahatma
> Gandhi

Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
http://travel.yahoo.com/

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Moderator Central

Get answers to

your questions about

running Y! Groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Health & Fitness

Find and share

weight loss tips.

.

__,_._,___

Na Bha

Oct 18, 2007, 12:27:43 PM10/18/07
to WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com

The Musk thistle or Nodding thistle (Carduus nutans) German name Nickende Distel
is selected to be the flower of the year 2008 by the "Stiftung Naturschutz Hamburg und Stiftung Loki Schmidt zum Schutz gefährdeter Pflanzen" (Foundation nature preservation Hamburg and Foundation Loki Schmidt for preservation of endangered plants ). Ms. Loki Schmidt, wife of the former Chanceler Helmut Schmidt, a very active biologist declared this news on 11. Oct. 2007.

Just now i heard in the radio that the comittee "Baum des Jahres" (Tree of the year) declared Walnuss (Juglans regia) as the tree of the year 2008. http://www.netzeitung.de/wissenschaft/783130.html

a very good idea, exemplary for our groups?

bird of the year, will let you know soon.
best wishes
nalini

__._,_.___
Share Photos