Cannot create a new Wiki (Windows)

ElizabethS

Dec 26, 2013, 12:11:20 PM12/26/13
to wikidpa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just downloaded Wikidpad and cannot seem to create a new wiki. I've tried several times with Wiki/New but nothing happens once I complete the new wiki wizard. Then when I close Wikidpad an error message pops up and this is log that I find:

Version: 'wikidPad 2.1_01' Session start: 2013-12-26 11:59:16
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pwiki\PersonalWikiFrame.pyo", line 5376, in OnWikiNew
  File "pwiki\PersonalWikiFrame.pyo", line 2795, in newWiki
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: u'C:\\Program Files\\WikidPad\\MyWiki'

Any advice?

Cheers,

Christian Ziemski

Dec 26, 2013, 1:58:39 PM12/26/13
to wikidpa...@googlegroups.com
Within the New Wiki wizard in the second dialog, titled "Directory to
store the new wiki",
you need to choose a directory where you are allowed to save files, e.g.
in "My Documents".

Regards

Christian