OSX problem: Window does not repaint until it is resized

al...@instantbird.org

Jan 30, 2014, 1:17:30 PM1/30/14
to wikidpa...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to get WikidPad to run on OSX 10.9. I have got to the
point where everything appears to work fine (no errors are reported) -
but with one major problem: No changes to the window content are painted
until the window is resized (forcing a relayout). For example, newly
typed characters, or scrolling, or selecting text with the mouse only
becomes visible after resizing the window.

I'm not sure how to go about fixing this -- is it a known problem? Any
help is appreciated.

Configuration details:
python 2.7.6 installed via homebrew
wxpython 3.0 installed via homebrew wxmac
WikidPad 2.3beta11 bundled via "python setup.py py2app -A", where
setup.py is the setup_macosx.py provided by WikidPad, with the following
change: 'aui','gadfly','whoosh' added to packages=... (without this
WikidPad won't run as imports fail).

Michael Butscher

Jan 30, 2014, 4:29:34 PM1/30/14
On 30.01.2014 19:17, al...@instantbird.org wrote:
> I'm trying to get WikidPad to run on OSX 10.9. I have got to the
> point where everything appears to work fine (no errors are reported) -
> but with one major problem: No changes to the window content are painted
> until the window is resized (forcing a relayout). For example, newly
> typed characters, or scrolling, or selecting text with the mouse only
> becomes visible after resizing the window.

You should try to ask the question in the more popular Yahoo group

WikidPad is mainly developed on Windows, sometimes Linux, but not OSX. Maybe a
user in the Yahoo group has an idea what is going wrong.

Michael

aleth

Jan 31, 2014, 10:53:31 AM1/31/14
to wikidpa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. But just to double-check -- WikidPad is known to run well with wxpython 3.0, so that's not the issue?

Michael Butscher

Jan 31, 2014, 12:12:15 PM1/31/14
On 31.01.2014 16:53, aleth wrote:
> Thanks. But just to double-check -- WikidPad is known to run well with
> wxpython 3.0, so that's not the issue?

It is mainly developed with 2.8 and 2.9, so it is possible that the 3.0 version
is the cause of the problem.

Michael

--
Homepage: http://www.mbutscher.de/

Diese Nachricht wurde mit 0% neuer Rechtschreibung hergestellt.