indentation guides width

Minho Choi

Jun 14, 2016, 9:39:47 PM6/14/16
to wikidpad-devel
Hi,

I am pleased to use this brilliant program for my work.

When I use indentations, View Indentation Guides option is quite useful, but width of vertical lines are unpredictable.
I guess this is dependent on tab width in option-editor, but not equal.
If this value is syncronized with tab size or can be customized, it would be more easy to edit.

Thank you.

Michael Butscher

Jun 25, 2016, 6:08:09 PM6/25/16
to wikidpa...@googlegroups.com
I can't reproduce such problem here. Could you give an example, maybe a
screenshot and tell me which operating system you are using?

Michael

--
Homepage: http://www.mbutscher.de/

Diese Nachricht wurde mit 0% neuer Rechtschreibung hergestellt.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Minho Choi

Jul 11, 2016, 2:04:08 AM7/11/16
to wikidpad-devel
The situation varies with the font used.
When global/local font is not specified, the problem vanishes. But with the font is given, guide width is unpredictable

Relation of tab width(a) and indentation guide(b) in my case
a-b: 2-5, 3-15, 4-5, 5-25, 6-15, 7-35, 8-10 with font NanumGothicCoding
a-b: 3-6, 4-8, 5-10, 6-12 (doubled) with font UbuntuMono
a-b: 3-10, 4-40, 5-50, 6-20 with font Consolas

OS: Windows 7 64bit SP1
ver: 2.2

2016년 6월 26일 일요일 오전 7시 8분 9초 UTC+9, Michael Butscher 님의 말:

Michael Butscher

Jul 24, 2016, 9:36:00 PM7/24/16
On 11.07.2016 07:47, Minho Choi wrote:
> Relation of tab width(a) and indentation guide(b) in my case
> a-b: 2-5, 3-15, 4-5, 5-25, 6-15, 7-35, 8-10
> OS: Windows 7 64bit SP1
> ver: 2.2
>
> 2016년 6월 15일 수요일 오전 10시 39분 47초 UTC+9, Minho Choi 님의 말:
I can reproduce the problem but this is currently hard to fix. The problem is a
bug of the editor component named "Scintilla" which is used by WikidPad.

Newer versions fix this but an update would mean to update also a library on
which WikidPad heavily relies (wxPython). Such updates normally lead to new and
surprising problems. I will try to introduce such an update in the next main
version (2.4) but this won't happen in the near future.

So I have to ask you to just live with this bug for some time yet.

Michael

Minho Choi

Aug 24, 2016, 7:34:56 PM8/24/16
to wikidpad-devel
Understood. Then I will be looking forward for the fix.
Good luck. Thank you.

2016년 7월 25일 월요일 오전 10시 36분 0초 UTC+9, Michael Butscher 님의 말: