Bug - Cannot assign multiple aliases with absolute references

Erich T. Wade

Aug 15, 2014, 3:40:26 PM8/15/14
to wikidpa...@googlegroups.com
I have several situations in which I need to assign several aliases to a page using absolute references. Unfortunately, WikidPad only detects the last such alias. I am using WikidPad 2.2 with an Original SQLite backend; I also observed this behavior on 1.1 with a Compact SQLite backend before updating and migrating yesterday. I'm running Windows 7, with SQLite 3.5.9 and wxPython 2.8.10.1.

This bug is easily reproduced on any wiki page by simply adding two aliases using a double slash (//) to indicate an absolute reference. I use the example of a subpage here only to show the use case causing the most problems for me.

++Campaign 1/Exa Mark Ple

[alias: Exa]                                # This alias detects properly.
[alias: //Campaign 2/Exa M Ple]  # This alias DOES NOT detect properly.
[alias: //Campaign 2/Exa]           # This alias detects properly.
[alias: Exa M Ple]                     # This alias detects properly.

In this example, all of the aliases not using absolute references are detected properly, generating the aliases "Campaign 1/Exa" and "Campaign 1/Exa M Ple." However, only the last absolute alias is detected, so "Campaign 2/Exa" is generated but "Campaign 2/Exa M Ple" is not. While typing these, the first absolute alias is properly detected until the double slashes are next typed, at which point it returns to the default color.