media copyrights

kindahero

Apr 5, 2012, 10:42:38 AM4/5/12
to wike...@googlegroups.com
hello,

Do we need care about the license of media file(png,gif,jpg,avi,etc..) that are being uploaded?

I have uploaded three files sofar, two of which I created. one is public domain from mediawiki website.

I see image in auto-complete page. I think that is from the author of that package. is there any problem with taking such image from the internet?

BTW wikipedia asks to choose license when you upload a image.

--
Kindahero

Bozhidar Batsov

Apr 5, 2012, 10:45:30 AM4/5/12
to wike...@googlegroups.com
On Apr 5, 2012, at 5:42 PM, kindahero wrote:

hello,

Do we need care about the license of media file(png,gif,jpg,avi,etc..) that are being uploaded?

I have uploaded three files sofar, two of which I created. one is public domain from mediawiki website.

I see image in auto-complete page. I think that is from the author of that package. is there any problem with taking such image from the internet?

I guess it depends on the image. Screenshots can hardly be considered copyrighted material :-) (and I guess most images on WikEmacs will be screenshots)

Bozhidar

BTW wikipedia asks to choose license when you upload a image.

--
Kindahero

all heros

Apr 5, 2012, 11:15:54 AM4/5/12
to wike...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 11:45 PM, Bozhidar Batsov <bozh...@batsov.com> wrote:
On Apr 5, 2012, at 5:42 PM, kindahero wrote:

hello,

Do we need care about the license of media file(png,gif,jpg,avi,etc..) that are being uploaded?

I have uploaded three files sofar, two of which I created. one is public domain from mediawiki website.

I see image in auto-complete page. I think that is from the author of that package. is there any problem with taking such image from the internet?

I guess it depends on the image. Screenshots can hardly be considered copyrighted material :-) (and I guess most images on WikEmacs will be screenshots)

Okay.. no worries..

--
kindahero