Unable to find PSInfo.dll

AJ

Feb 15, 2007, 11:14:49 PM2/15/07
to WhatsRunning
I installed WhatRunning on Windows Vista Ultimate.

If I check WhatsRunning on the installation finished dialog,
WhatRunning runs ok.

When I try to run it from the start menu or from within it folder, I
get, "Unable to find PSInfo.dll..." The file is in the folder and its
permissions are full control for administrators (the mode I'm in). I
turned off virus file checking with no effect.

AJ

Feb 17, 2007, 7:15:49 PM2/17/07
to WhatsRunning
Replying to my own post:
If I set the program properties of WhatsRunning.exe to "Run this
program as an administrator", it works.

christer...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2007, 2:18:36 PM2/24/07
to WhatsRunning
Thanks for finding - and - posting the solution!

Best regards,
Christer

AJ

Mar 25, 2007, 7:44:42 PM3/25/07
to WhatsRunning
The steps to run as administrator:
1. Right-click the whatsrunning.exe program in the Start All Programs
list
2. Select the Properties menu item
3. Click the Compatibility Tab
4. Check the "Run this program as an administrator" box in the
Priviledge Level
5. OK