New Game Smell

Kilsern

Mar 7, 2013, 5:23:31 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Joe, Aspects, and I got together at my kitchen table last night to give Mage Wars a go. It's a game with lots of possibility. If I had the skill, I would make a Maptools VTT for it. It's a two player game with Team Play of 2, 2 person teams competing against each other.

Rob Heath

Mar 7, 2013, 5:32:22 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
ok will the first thing to do is get all the components scanned in , labelled up

Rob
On 7 Mar 2013, at 22:23, Kilsern <kils...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Joe, Aspects, and I got together at my kitchen table last night to give Mage Wars a go. It's a game with lots of possibility. If I had the skill, I would make a Maptools VTT for it. It's a two player game with Team Play of 2, 2 person teams competing against each other.

kils...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2013, 5:39:39 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
I'm not against tackling it. I am getting more familiar; however, I need to concentrate on getting a WFRP session ready for OWL first. I've been threatening to runs session for sometime now. I have tons of GM experience and I'm building VTT experience, but I'm not there yet. Converting a game over, well that is further down the road, but I'm betting (hoping) Aspects beats me to the punch.

Sent from my iPhone
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "WFRP3 Virtual RPG" group.

Rob Heath

Mar 7, 2013, 5:52:43 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
well if you need any help , advice or support let me know

Rob

David L

Mar 7, 2013, 5:53:35 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Mage wars is great fun - it gets easier once you know what all the symbols do :) Do you have the expansion too?

Mar 7, 2013, 6:04:39 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
I don't yet have a copy. The copy I played belongs to Joe. After playing, I will get a copy and most likely expansions.

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to wfrp3-virtual-...@googlegroups.com.

kils...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2013, 6:15:05 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
I found it pretty simple to play. We did have one or two rules questions come up, but watching the walk through videos before hand (available at the games site) helped me grasp the game very well. We did play Apprentice mode and our next game will be as well, but I think for our second game we are agreed to use the whole arena not just half.

Sent from my iPhone

Joseph Begay

Mar 7, 2013, 10:52:59 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Yea ... scanning (or recreating) the components will probably be my
weekend project. :)

I've already recreated the basis of a arena map in Campaign Cartographer
when I was working on the multi-player map. Speaking of which, I
already have the multi-player map printed out full size on a poster
plotter, and it looks pretty damn nice. In fact, I might be able to
make it a little larger when I saw how much room was left over on the
table when using the core rules arena.

Joe.

Joseph Begay

Mar 7, 2013, 10:54:50 PM3/7/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
So far our first experience has been a pretty good one and I'm already seriously thinking of getting the spell tomes (1&2) and the Force Master vs Warlock expansion.

Joe.

suntzu

Mar 8, 2013, 3:16:42 AM3/8/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Just downloaded and had a quick look over the rules , I think you could do worse and have a look at vassal which allows you to play board games over the Internet , you would still have to scan everything in but I think it would work better than maptools

Here is the link

http://www.vassalengine.org/

Rob

Aspects

Mar 8, 2013, 10:11:26 AM3/8/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
I quickly checked out Vassel, and it looks interesting. I might give it a go.

Clint, while looking at the games already converted for the Vassel engine, I couldn't help but noticed that "Chaos in the Old World" was listed.

Joe.

Sent from my iPad

kils...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2013, 10:47:41 AM3/8/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. Very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "WFRP3 Virtual RPG" group.

Philippe Boujon

Mar 8, 2013, 1:04:29 PM3/8/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com, wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Yes, chaos in the old world is there. I own the game but didn't get to play it still :(

Ditto for xwing, I did play but not enough. Thanks to Vassal, I may get to play more.

Sent from my iPhone

kils...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2013, 1:21:21 PM3/8/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
If its there, your not playing it solvable. I own it and the Horned Rat expansion. Games take about 2 hours and I have done 5 players before and didn't notice a big change in game play time or style. Lets get a game going.

Sent from my iPhone
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "WFRP3 Virtual RPG" group.

Joseph Begay

Mar 8, 2013, 1:22:05 PM3/8/13
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Phillip,

In my local area, Clint (Kilsern) owns the game and I've had the pleasure of
playing a few bouts of it. It is a fun game and, hopefully, time will allow
a game with you and other interested OWL'ers online.

Joe.