Welcome! Please Introduce Yourself Here!

Ceodryn

Apr 21, 2012, 3:45:19 PM4/21/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

I am Philippe, aka Ceodryn, and have owned WFRP3 for 6 months now (Core set, Player's Guide, Game Master's Guide, Winds of Magic and Sign of Faiths), but have yet rarely played or GMed it since I live in the country, and do not have a reliable local group to play with.

Therefore, I have gotten interested in playing WFRP3 virtually through FG2 or Maptool as I have been a player of WFRP 2nd Ed through FG2 for a couple months and really enjoy it. I have participated with other WFRP3 fans in creating libraries for WFRP3 FG2, and decided to create this google group to look for other players/GM and share how to use FG2.

I am looking to play/GM WFRP3 through both FG2 and/or Maptool.  I have a preference for FG2 as I am more used to its software.

I can play on weekends or evenings, and am located in GMT-4 (US East Coast). I am available to play/GM about every two weeks.

Cheers
Ceodryn

Aaron Mokhtar

Apr 23, 2012, 12:37:59 AM4/23/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Ola all!

Aaron from Malaysia, A.K.A "The Klingon". Same with Philippe in that I own WFRP3 products but not able to get enough game time in due to lack of a WFRP community in my country. If playing online is my best option I'll give it a try. Tried maptools and found it fun and a good way to clock-in some much needed game time.

Keen to find out how FG2 works and will see how it goes from there!

Cheers!

Ceodryn

Apr 23, 2012, 8:18:18 AM4/23/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Aaeron, thanks for joining! If you want to test FG2, sign on to my demo play this Saturday. I know, everyone knows that adventure, but it doesn't matter, the goal is simply to discover FG2.

By the way, this group will foster both FG2 and Maptool.  I hope to post soon detailed instructions on how to install/run Maptool as a GM, however since the Reckless Dice and Gitzman already did such a great job on demonstrating how great Maptool is, I figured better for me to focus on FG2 first and offer more options to the community.

Personally however, I prefer FG2. I feel the interface is more user friendly, more atmosphere friendly (It looks like playing on an old table in a tavern), and because of the possibilities to code libraries, it can be expanded by GMs and Players. However, I recognize it isn't free, and you cannot have as great maps. FG2 can have maps, very good ones, but the level of details won't be like Maptool. So, both software are great to use, and I have used both myself.

Cheers
Ceodryn

Jalapena

Apr 23, 2012, 4:43:05 PM4/23/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I was introduced to the Warhammer world and the 3rd Ed. in particular by Ceodryn, but our rural location (GM-4) has made it hard to find players.

While I don't have much RPG experience, I have played using FG2 with Ceodryn a couple times and the ruleset works great.

~Jalapena

Odd

Apr 23, 2012, 9:24:25 PM4/23/12
to WFRP3 Virtual RPG
Hello,

I'm odd/Jake I've played some second edition some and I know third ok.
I like mordheim too, but that's a bit off topic though. I'd like to
play another third editon game. Is do maptools or ft, though I don't
really want to buy though. Not sure what demo can do

Nabikasu

Apr 24, 2012, 3:59:46 AM4/24/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys.  I live in Las Vegas, but despite the large area I've never really went looking for a group.  Prefer online anyway, since it's easier to do better roleplay when you aren't all self-conscious at the table.  I own WFRP3 products (pretty much all of them) and am starting up several online games with some friends, but alas I never get the chance to be a player, so that's what I'm looking for.  I have extensive knowledge of FG2, as I used it for almost three years now doing D&D 4e and WFRP3 games, so I look forward to seeing what we can get ourselves into here.

alp

Apr 24, 2012, 4:07:49 AM4/24/12
to WFRP3 Virtual RPG
Hi all,

I am Adam (Alp).

I've played warhammer from the first edition back in the eighties and
early nineties, through the second edition, and now the third.

I live on the Isle of Man, and all my local groups have dissolved, so
most of my RP, is online now.

Alp

Ceodryn

Apr 24, 2012, 7:50:17 AM4/24/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, welcome to the board!

For those of you who have extensive knowledge of WFRP3 online, through FG2 or Maptool, don't hesitate creating posts to share your experience, as a GM or player, and sharing your online campaign websites if you have any. The more people can realize how virtual WFRP3 is a possibility, the more will try.

Cheers
Ceodryn

troy chrisman

Apr 24, 2012, 8:28:06 AM4/24/12
to WFRP3 Virtual RPG
hello hello.
Troy from Kansas City here.
longtime WHRP (first edition) player and I own almost all of WFRP 3rd
- but have yet to find a group.
Good news - found an actual group this Friday night near me!!!
Bad news - will not be available Saturday for a demo (family reunion)
- what time (Central Standard time) are you looking at getting groups
together?
thanks!

John

Apr 26, 2012, 2:31:58 PM4/26/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

My name is John, I live in Brazil and have been playing RPGs since the late 80s!
I am very new to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, but very very excited about it, having bought almost everything there is on it, and started reading novels and all stories about the setting.

Very excited to have this awsome ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II, which I have left to gather virtual dust for sometime. Hope to use it soon though!

Thanks Ceodryn for creating this group and connecting us all, and also for his contribution on the mods!

Ceodryn

Apr 26, 2012, 7:44:40 PM4/26/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi John, welcome to the board! Since you are new to WFRP, you may want to join one of the Demo adventure I'll be running. There is one more space for this Saturday, otherwise I'll run another one in a couple weeks.

WFRP 1st ed was the first RPG I bought, GMed and played in the late 80s, and the world of WFRP stayed one of my favorite fantasy setting.  Some of the novels are quite good indeed. I highly recommend it "Tales of the Old World" which gathers short stories about the Old World.

Cheers
Ceodryn

Hiportes

Apr 26, 2012, 10:19:46 PM4/26/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hiportes here, in Vancouver, Wahsington, USA, soon to be in the Washington DC area, so may be interested in playing if timing works out right.  I have all of the WFRP sets and am a pretty laid back player.  I have never tried either online system, but I'm sure I could get the hang of it given a few sessions.  I would prefer to be a player, as I have only ever been a GM.  I have been playing the WFB tabletop for 15 years or so, so I am familair with the world, but have only had about 4 real sessions of WFRP due to lack of players, so I'm excited to get it going!

John

Apr 26, 2012, 11:00:43 PM4/26/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ceodryn, I would love to participate, but I will not be home this saturday, out playing some board games...

I hope I can play with you guys on the next one though! Let me know when ok?

Thanks

Cutlass

Apr 27, 2012, 9:29:20 AM4/27/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I'm Joeri/ Cutlass from Belgium (CET). I have been roleplaying for 25+ years, most of the time as a GM.
Most of my gamermates have stumbled into real life so we only get together once a month. It is hard to get an agreement on what game we will play and so far WFRP has lost to L5R, Shadowrun and Dark Heresy. I used to gave a 2nd group that got together once a week but they dissolved. So I'm looking to play online both as a GM and as a player. I am an ultimate licence holder for FG so anyone can join my games, free of charge. I prefer to use teamspeak over chat. I have two spots open in my current game on tuesdays.

Apart from that I have also worked a bit on the upcoming Liber Fanatica and have written many reviews for Gamejunks and BGG. Also I am the administrator for Webquest which is an online community for warhammerquest.

I'm eager to get more FG experience under my belt and also curious with what wonderful new things the community can come up with.

neilgfoster

Apr 30, 2012, 4:29:27 AM4/30/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I am Neil from the UK. I created the Fantasy Grounds 2 ruleset for Warhammer 3rd Edition because, like most people here, I couldn't find a local group interested in playing 3rd Edition. I have all the 3rd Edition content plus all the books going back way back to 1st Edition.

Its great to see that people are getting use out the ruleset as its taken me nearly a year of my spare time to get it to where it is now. Now I have a 20 week old baby boy I don't get much time to play, but I am continuing with the development of the ruleset so if you ever have any questions, find some bugs, or want some new features then please let me know.

Ceodryn

Apr 30, 2012, 7:53:11 AM4/30/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil, welcome to the group, and THANK YOU!

I can tell you that I am very impressed by the ruleset, and so far the 8 people who I ran the demo with were all impressed. I am going to create a separate thread to keep track of bugs and suggestions from users.

Thanks again for your hard work on this ruleset!

Cheers
Philippe / Ceodryn

Fenderstat

May 5, 2012, 7:06:15 AM5/5/12
to WFRP3 Virtual RPG

Hey Guys

Daniel form Australia here. I'm the GM of this online campaign
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/sigmar-s-heirs. I'm joining
the group to run and play in a few mini adventures to get some games
running on this site and build the community. We need more online
games! They are really easy to run and really fun to play and I'm
here to prove it to you.

Dan

Ceodryn

May 7, 2012, 8:16:43 AM5/7/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
All,

As of today, Monday, May 7th, we now have 22 members on this WFRP3 Virtual google group, interested in playing or GMing WFRP3 through Maptool or FG2.

Fenderstat/Daniel and myself, Ceodryn/Philippe, are running Maptool and FG2 mini-adventures/demos for you to discover both software, and test how online WFRP3 can be real fun. (Reminder: Fenderstat is running a Maptool mini-adventure, this Saturday 5pm EST/GMT -4 = Sunday 7am GMT-10 for those down under)

If you are interested in running mini-adventures with either software, don't hesitate posting to look for players and set your date/time. A GM for one adventure can be a player for the next, and vice-versa.

Basically, let us know what you would like, and we will do our best to offer it.

Cheers
Ceodryn / Philippe

George Jacob

May 7, 2012, 5:18:46 PM5/7/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hello group, I'm George.  Been playing since the early days of D&D all the way through 2nd ed. Around the time between 2e and 3e I skipped over to Warhammer 1st ed and abandoned D&D all together (especially 3e).  I tried  WFRP 2 but fell victim to the jungle of fluff and insignificant material in it.  The final blow was delivered by the chaos knight of bad grammar when he lopped off my head with his chaos sword of inconsistent rules.  I was finally resurrected back to the world of gaming through Fantasy Grounds, which I have been playing for 3 years now.  With the help of FG, I now DM a long standing campaign of 4e D&D set in the World of Greyhawk, play 2e WFRP (and enjoy it just as long as I don't have to GM it),  play Call of Cthulhu, play Dark Sun 4e, and now thanks to Phillipe got my feet wet with 3e Warhammer.

I still haven't formulated an decisive opinion on WFRP 3 edition.  Though I did enjoy Phillipe's demo and thought that the combat was very unique and fun.  BTW Phillipe I thought you did a superb job introducing the new system...thank you. I'm anxious to discover how these new rules fit into an actual campaign and I look forward to playing with you guys if my schedule allows it in the future.  Thanks for the invite to the group.

May 7, 2012, 10:24:00 PM5/7/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey George, welcome to the group and thanks for the feedback!

I'll start running mini-adventures in a few weeks, once enough people have discovered FG2 through the demos and are ready to play.

Cheers
Ceodryn / Philippe

Davy White

May 7, 2012, 11:58:22 PM5/7/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Do you seek to be a PLAYER, GM or BOTH?
    Player at first, to learn the software then give GMing a crack.
Do you have a preference for using FG2 or Maptool? I've read more about the maptools and started playing with the scripts, etc. Also, for getting my old freinds gaming again the free aspect appeals to me.
What GMT are you in? Mountain time for two out of three, then I'm PST.

What days/times/frequency do your prefer?

Davy White

May 8, 2012, 12:25:21 AM5/8/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Bah, sorry about that, was trying to edit the post after coming back from dinner.

I'm a long time fan of WFRP, starting as a GM back in the 80's when it first came out. Always been a lover of the background and have played a lot of the GW games since.

I am currently away from home for two weeks at a time. I have those evening free (take your pick). Right now, I'm looking to play, even one off episodes if anyone wants to play test some "episode". I really just want to test the rules, of which I have: the core set, the faith set, the magic set, and kit with the rat catcher. I've explored maptools and started mucking with macros and images (created a party sheet with properties and tension tracker).

On-line play really appeals to me as I have a couple of young girls and when I'm at home I'd rather be help the wife and hanging out with them. Maptools look great because of the open source and free aspects though I'm intrigued by the FG2 stuff. I heard about them on the D6 Generation last year.  I'll probably dig through the links mentioned on this site. My hope in the next six months or so to be comfortable enough with VT WHFRP to teach some old sch0ol mates how to play and GM a campaign for them.

as for the times I'm free: I'm back from the office at 6MST and can play until 10:30MST, the day doesn't matter as everyday is the same up here in camp :)

In short, I want to roll some dice, tell a story, and meet some good folks.... takers?

George Jacob

May 8, 2012, 1:37:29 PM5/8/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Davy,  right now I don't have time to GM, as I am involved with a 3 year campaign and that pretty much takes up all my free time. As for warhammer I could only GM 1e as I never really gave 2e a chance when it first came out and 3e I only know what Phillip showed me.  However, I think I'd probably like to stick with playing at the moment.  I would like to join a mini adventure in 3e maybe just to get a better feel for the game, before I commit to anything.

As for my preference, I like FG.  When I was looking at VTs a few years ago, I decided on FG and never looked back.  I agree that free is always a good choice especially with today's economy but I must tell for the 3 years I have been using it I have no regrets. I've had a few problems along the way but I've gotten to know the developers somewhat and they are very helpful and proactive.  However I will tell you this, FG is mainly geared for certain rulesets.  At present 4e D&D has the most options available out of any ruleset.  You could do wonders with that ruleset, it is truly amazing what you can do with it but I know the others are quite lacking and need work done.  On the plus side, if we get a community of people working together on it, the possibilities are endless.  The basic structure of FG will accommodate the needs of just about any game.

I'm GMT -5, living in sunny Miami Florida. Right now my weekends are booked up with games.  I would have to wait and see when a game opens up that I could join.  I would make an effort and go out of my way a few weeks to join a mini adventure of 3e but not long term unless the time is right.

Also if anyone needs help with FG let me know.  I'm quite adept on the 4e ruleset and the basics of FG.  I know very limited scripting but what I do not know I probably know someone that does and is willing to help...just let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

May 8, 2012, 7:49:50 PM5/8/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Right on, Dracen. thanks for the heads up. I'm going to take a look at some of the FG2 write ups I saw and get my head around what needs to be in place.

I'm completely on board with creating a bit of a community for mp/FG2 based WFRP3.

All the best and i'll be in touch!

On Saturday, April 21, 2012 1:45:19 PM UTC-6, Ceodryn wrote:

James

May 10, 2012, 12:16:42 PM5/10/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks, I'm James and I live about an hour west of Toronto, ON, CA.

I've played plenty of RPGs going back to high school in the 80s, but never could find anyone around me to play WFRP.  :(   Over the years, I've played plenty of WFB so i'm fairly well-versed in the setting/lore and also have some Warhammer novels from the 90s.  I followed Warhammer Online back when it was in development by Climax and was pretty sad to see it go, then I followed WAR being developed by Mythic and got into some early beta tests (round 3.0) and played it for about a year until I finally gave up on it.

I was looking around in FFG's forums yesterday when I found Ceodryn's post about playing this way, and wow, this is awesome! I've played Blood Bowl online (pbem and javabowl) but have never heard of playing a full pen&paper RPG online.  I'd _really_ like to join in, although I've never used Fantasy Grounds before.

It's hard for me to commit sometimes, since I have 3 special needs people in my house and much of my time away from work is spent at hospitals, appointments, support groups, etc.  Hopefully I can fit some gaming in with you guys!!

Thanks,
James

Ceodryn

May 10, 2012, 8:00:18 PM5/10/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
James, welcome to the group!

I hope you'll be able to get some gaming with us. It may be too short notice, but we are running a demo of FG2 this Saturday morning. However, given your busy schedule, I would be happy to connect one on one with you (as I proposed Davy) to demonstrate you FG2.

Cheers
Ceodryn

Pedro Lunaris

May 11, 2012, 3:58:51 PM5/11/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com

  So, my name is Pedro, Lunaris is an alias that I have since I was... I don't know, 15 I guess. The moon is an important symbol to me, and that's where the self-inflicted nickname came from.

  I've been playing RPG since I was 12 (I'm 30 now). I started with game books (not really RPG) and one day my mom or grandmom (I really don't recall) bought the The Riddling Reaver to me by mistake. A huge mistake, considering that my mom tought a healthy teenagers would go out and practice sports and love the beach and I was kinda avoiding all of that to spend a great part of my teen nights with a bunch of nerds playing RPG. :] I had a great adolescence anyway, and went to a lot of great parties as well, but you know how moms can see us when they aren't secure about what the heck we are doing.

  The first RPG (for real) I've played was GURPS. Here in Brazil we hadn't had access to a great deal of things, and GURPS was translated into portuguese. I was GMing since I started playing, but I never focused in just GMing or just playing, I always did both. My GURPS years were great, light roleplaying and full of experimenting diferent scenarios, like super-heroes, Battletech and Cadilacs & Dinosaurs (yeah!).

  Then Vampire the Masquerade was released and everything changed. Everyone started wearing black and those that already did started to paint their nails. WoD made the mark of roleplaying, and that was a great achievement to me. We were still trying to get as many dots on our sheets as we could, mind you, but we were really imersed in our character's personalities and how to play them as well.

  Soo enough (a couple of years) and WoD was too much. That was when we had the impression that finding a human in the world was really hard. By that time I was heavy into fantasy, for we were playing the greatest and longest regular campaign I ever played, six years around Dragonlance the Fifth Age using the Saga System. Such a great system! The GM was an outstanding storyteller (he actually is a fantasy writer) and we had two groups that got things done in different parts of the world. We got together three or four times during the entire campaign, and then re-divided to new formats.

  I got into D&D with the 3.0 and kinda followed to 3.5, but I was already sick with a system that requires too much attention (IMO). I dropped it completely. It was 2004 or so, and then I discovered Warhammer 2nd. I didn't ever hear about the Warhammer world. And I fell in love with it, specially the scenario, but also the system.

  I was as many very suspicious when WHRP 3e was announced, but I'm really glad I got into it. It is a "heavy system", in the aspect that it does require a lot of attention, but as it connects with the story everytime I find it becomes light and really inspires roleplaying and shared narration.

    Other than that I've played and own Changeling The Dreaming, Castle Falkenstein and Legend of the Five Rings (the current edition). I love all of those! I have Song of Ice and Fire as well, since I love G R R Martin stories, but I didn't like the editing of the book and I simply hadn't read it yet. And I'm also into some hand picked FFG's board games, I have everything of BattleLore, some few things of A Game of Thrones LCG, and I recently acquired (but did not get my hands on yet) Dust Tactics. I'm thinking about buying Dreadfleet, since it seems so fun. Anyone has played it?

Cheers!

Pedro

Pedro Lunaris
http://fraguexperimentos.blogspot.com

James

May 15, 2012, 3:50:02 PM5/15/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like you folks had a great time on the weekend!  Sorry I missed it.

If you are available on a weekday evening sometime, that'd be pretty cool to do a 1-1 session. Especially since I'm new to the WFRP3 rules as well as FG2, and would slow people down. Which evenings are you available?  Shoot me out an email when you get a chance and we can plan it out!

Ceodryn

May 15, 2012, 4:17:54 PM5/15/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

Add me to your skype (phboujon) and we can meet one on one. I am available most of this week evenings (except friday and this weekend), or next week evenings (same exceptions). Now, since Neil just updated to 1.3, I am not ready to demo that ruleset yet as my libraries arent updated. I would demo everything with the 1.2 and my libraries. Make sure then that these are the files you have, or FG2 will crash :).

I'll send you an email as well.

Cheers
Ceodryn

fictionalbeing

May 16, 2012, 10:49:24 AM5/16/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hello All!

I've run some limited 1st edition, a lot of 2nd and none of 3rd. :-( But I've owned 3rd since it came out and I've had the chance to be a player once or twice. I'd like to play more! I'm in the US pacific time zone (Las Vegas!) and am pretty free on Friday's. I'm also here to get better acquainted with running WFRP via FG2 online.

Thanks, Have Great Days!

George Jacob

May 16, 2012, 6:06:40 PM5/16/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi erm fictionalbeing? Heh, please give us your name so we don't have to be so impersonal :)   I'm  George welcome. I'm new to the group also.  Friday would be good for me too if someone were to alternate weeks or something.  I got a D&D campaign I play in every other week and I get the jones' the week we don't play.  During the week is gonna be rough for me.  I'm in the states too.. Miami, FL  ....ahh Las Vegas to feel thy thermal desert winds upon my brow once again...haven't been able to visit again since this fucking "recession". so jealous ;) I should have stayed the last time I was there.

May 20, 2012, 9:30:45 AM5/20/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com

As I neglected to introduce myself when I signed up, maybe I should do now? :)

My name is James,  but it is easier to refer to me by my alias of Karma. I'm from South England and have just recently relocated to Crawley to be closer to work. This has given me more free time, and a desire to do something new, or at least different. I've always had an interest in pen'n'paper RPGs but never found much time or a steady group for one, so now seems like a good time to try and find one. I recently found myself joining an in-person D&D group in Brighton, but really what I want is to play Warhammer as well. I really enjoy the professions system, the more gritty gameworld, and I must admit I really enjoy the changes in 3e; it is different from what I expected. I think the ruleset in FG2 really works as well. Plus, Warhammer Fantasy RPG is the main system I remember as a kid, so there's some nostalgia there too.

I'm usually available in the evenings on weekdays (except for Friday), and most weekends, baring social life commitments (read: going to concerts in London :) ). I'm interested in one-off games, mini-campaigns, longer campaigns, whatever is convenient really :)

Karma

HedgeWizard

May 29, 2012, 12:13:30 PM5/29/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone!

Court here (AKA HedgeWizard).  I've been playing WFRP on and off since v1 in 1986.  I have a core local group that absolutely loves v3, and now some friends on the East Coast (I'm in the SF Bay Area) who want me to run a campaign for them.  It's been a LONG time since I used FGII (I created or was involved with a variety of v1 and v2 rulesets), so I'm looking to come back up to speed as a GM with the tools.

Ceodryn

May 29, 2012, 4:45:36 PM5/29/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Court, welcome to the board!

You'll find out that Neil ruleset is very well done, and as a coder yourself, you'll be able to appreciate it even more! If your East Coast group needs additional players, you'll also find them on the board.

Cheers
Philippe / Ceodryn

ozean

Jun 1, 2012, 8:19:06 AM6/1/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Ozean here (or Lars in RL) – I am currently playing in Cutlass’ “Black Monolith” campaign. Thank a lot to Neil for the great ruleset!

Not 100% sure yet, but hopefully I’ll have time to join an off one-shot game or mini-adventure from time to time (in addition to Cutlass’ campaign).

I live in rural Norway, GMT+2 (in the summer, +1 in the winter).

Ickyruss

Jun 3, 2012, 8:28:55 AM6/3/12
to WFRP3 Virtual RPG
Hey guys, my name is Alistair currently residing in London, England.

I have played a number of roleplaying/ fantasy games throughout the
years but mainly computer based; I have at one time or another played
Baldurs Gate I&II, Icewind Dale, The Witcher, Ultima Online, Everquest
(I & II), Anarchy Online, Warhammer Online, Rift, World of Warcraft,
Guild Wars (definitely II as well)... I think you get the point :) I
have also been a huge fan of Warhammer Fantasy battles for a very long
time and have painted and gamed with a number of armies ( Still have a
soft spot for Goblins!). I love the background of the world, have read
quite a few of the related Black Library novels, and basically seem to
get into any product related to this fantastic universe....so imagine
my surprise when I stumbled on this!

As far as "proper" roleplaying games go (don't laugh), I have a little
bit of experience with Heroquest, (the amazing) Warhammer Quest and I
have dabbled in 3.5 D&D, but have always found myself drawn back to
the characters and setting of Warhammer. I just recently bought the
WHFRP box and was overwhelmed by how much detail there is, but I love
it! I have since bought the creature guide, adventurers guide, and I
doubt it will stop there. My first time on FFG's forums I stumbled
upon Gitzman's amazing map of the Old World, and then came across
Ceodryn's post about organizing games online and I couldn't believe my
luck!

I have been tinkering around with Fantasy Grounds to try and get a
feel for it, which has been slow going, but I am determined! I would
love to get involved (mainly as a player) and see what you amazingly
creative people come up with; Mucho respect to the Game Masters' out
there, I wish I was that organized :)

Ceodryn

Jun 3, 2012, 5:39:10 PM6/3/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the board Alistair, and to WFRP3! You'll find out it's a great RPG.

I hope to run again adventures-demos of FG2 WFRP3 mid/end of June, and hope to see you then.

To learn FG2, I highly recommend the video tutorials on Fantasy Grounds II website, especially the old ones for D&D 3.5, which is the ruleset Neil based the WFRP3 ruleset on.

Cheers
Philippe / Ceodryn

Steve

Jun 3, 2012, 8:41:25 PM6/3/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everyone,

My name is Steve and I'm a roleplay-a-holic. Heh, all kidding aside I love roleplay and currently play in a local game group. I've done some online roleplaying before using maptools and the rogue trader system by Fantasy Flight Games. We've run into a few issues though, so I'm here to try and work my way around them. My main goal is to recapture the feel of playing in person through an online medium.

I'm looking to have some fun and pick up some pointers along the way for maximizing the online role play experience. I'm mostly a player (though i have an interest in running). My only past GMing experiences were fairly horrid, so for now I'll leave the GMing to the people who know it best.

paperbard

Jun 3, 2012, 9:08:25 PM6/3/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
My name is Stirling. I've grown more than a bit tired of the standard DND affair, and am looking to expand my horizons. I like WFRP 2nd ed, and am willing to learn 3rd ed as well.

Ceodryn

Jun 3, 2012, 10:03:51 PM6/3/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Steve, welcome to the group!

I am curious, what issues did you run with maptool/rogue trader, and your GMing experience? What that due to the online medium or to something totally unrelated?

Online RPGing can be great, but expectations need to be managed. The experience will never be like a tabletop local RPG, but it can be very fun in a different way.

Players need to realize that an online RPG game will be slower. It's normal since the face to face clues are missing (when do I speak, when do I let the other speak, when is it ok to break the in-character etc...). Often it's more a turn by turn discussion, almost like players are always in "initiative" mode, than a everyone speak at once like it can be at a table.  Although, the chat system allows for multiple discussions between characters, and can sometimes foster more RPG actually: while the main action take place in the VOIP between the GM creature and one PC, other players can react to it in-character in the chat box.

There is a learning curve to it, for both the players and the GM, but it can be real fun when the group is used to RPG online together.

Cheers
Ceodryn

Steve

Jun 3, 2012, 10:30:15 PM6/3/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
I think our main issue was the mix of personalities and their previous experiences with roleplaying. We were using skype as our voice medium and our players who had experience at an actual table were dominating the game while the online only experienced players felt like they couldn't get a word in (which I don't think is just an online issue, but is exacerbated by the limitations of voice chat).

My GMing experience was a short affair both times. The group I play with has been gaming since before I was alive (no joke), and they are great guys with a ton of experience. The main issue is really the expectations they had for the game. My first go at GMing was with hero system (not a good idea). I took over GMing for the previous GM who needed a break and wanted to play for a while. Things didn't go as planned and the entire session was so rough that we all decided not to try it again. My second try was with 4th ed D&D. My heart wasn't in it and I ended up TPKing them at the end with a medusa (oops). Since I have run a session of warhammer for two of my buddies (not the gaming vets), and it went pretty well. I had just gotten the core set, we ripped into it and started playing the adventure at the back of the book. I was flying by the seat of my pants, but all in all it didn't crash and burn.

SPX

Jun 11, 2012, 8:44:18 AM6/11/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

my name is Steven, I'm from Germany (UTC+1 / UTC+2). 12 years ago was my first contact with the warhammer universe. I played mostly WH40K and Mordheim games. I was a DSA 3 GM, played SR3/4 and CoC. But about one year ago I searched for a new roleplaying game and found WFRP. Since this day my interest switched to Warhammer Fantasy. I own most of the boxes but unfortunatly there are not much players in my region. I perfer FG2 but would also try Maptools. For a while I would like to join as a player until I get more used to the rules and gaming vocabulary. At first I would like to give it a try in some small adventures. I hope I will find the one or other session to join.

Thanks!
Auf bald!

Philippe Boujon

Jun 11, 2012, 9:27:45 AM6/11/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com, wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Steven, welcome to the board! Well, we are running an introductory adventure this coming Saturday, 11 am GMT -4. Beginners at FG2 and WFRP3 are highly welcome.

Cheers
Philippe

Sent from my iPhone

Bert

Jun 12, 2012, 1:13:50 AM6/12/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hello gang!  I go by Bert and post as bislab on most online forums and groups.  I've been running a WFRP3 game for almost a year now using skype and maptools.  I would love to get in on a one shot or short campaign to see how others go about GMing this game, and in particular I'd like to try out the Fantasy Grounds 2 module.

Steven (SPX)

Jun 12, 2012, 10:29:29 AM6/12/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Account changed.. SPX -> Steven (SPX)

Ceodryn

Jun 12, 2012, 11:25:51 AM6/12/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Bert,

Welcome to the board! It's great to get a Maptool expert, as we don't have enough. Hopefully you'll run some games for us as well :)

There is an introductory game this coming Saturday, 11 am EDT/GMT-4 if you're interest to discover FG2.

Cheers
Ceodryn / Philippe

Petar Kalmar

Jun 21, 2012, 5:51:07 PM6/21/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
here is a copy of my post so it can get organized with some changes :D
hi everybody I'm new here so introduction is in order
I was born in 1983 in Serbia where I still live so timezone is GMT +1
I am more interested to be a player since I don't know the programs but when i learn to use them i could be gm to
I own with my group core box and most of addons except advantures and Print on demands
PS english is not my 1st language so grammar isn't that good so i hope that is not a problem for our games :D
and because of my accent i guess ill be kislevite :D

Sarbaek

Jun 22, 2012, 2:20:47 AM6/22/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys

I recently joined the group as well after listening to an episode of The Reckless Dice podcast where Ceodryn was a guest star ;).

I live in Denmark so timezone is GMT +1 during winter and +2 during summer (stupid daylights saving rubbish). I have had a short stint of WFRP 1st edition as a player in the Enemy Within campaign. I own pretty much everything from 1st edition (thanks ridicolously expensive ebay auctions) and 3rd edition (save some PoD material) and I GM in our "live" group currently going through The Gathering Storm.

I am mostly looking for some opportunities to play games as a player since "live" games are not so easy to find in my area unless I GM them myself. Weekdays work best, I have a hard time finding the time in weekends between the wife, the house and my 11 month old son :)

Cheers,
Lars

Nikki Gaartman (shrimp)

Jul 5, 2012, 7:07:10 AM7/5/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm nikki, (shrimp) and i play wfrp with my local group as a player. But since we almost never get the chance to play i wanna try this out. I own the players guide and i have several characters in pdf's. My GM is also a member of this group: Arnaud van der Gaarden. I know he plays Lokgrund the dwarfen Runesmith.
I have never used FG2 or MapTools, but i would realy like to learn.

Hope that i have taken your interest <D

xx Shrimp

Philippe Boujon

Jul 5, 2012, 12:40:49 PM7/5/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com, wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Nikki,

Welcome to the group! Arnaud's character was quite fun this last weekend. I am looking forward to have you on as player. Go ahead and create a new character for the Olde World League. I hope to run a new adventure (or a demo) in a few weeks once done with the ones currently on.

Cheers
Ceodryn

Sent from my iPhone

Fly-n-Dad

Jul 13, 2012, 2:38:23 PM7/13/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com

Hello All !!

Very excited to ACTUALLY PLAY some WFRP3e. Purchased the core set and have only GM'd Day Late, and Eye for an Eye for my two daughters. Would LOVE to try and be a player and increase my GM skills. Playing with some older folks is eagerly anticipated as well.

Just got on and need to learn the ropes of how playing online works, but if anybody has a campaign coming up and would not mind a "new guy" I would love to join !!

Thanks, and hope to hear from you guys soon,...

Flyndad123

Ceodryn

Jul 13, 2012, 4:52:36 PM7/13/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Flyndad, welcome to the board!

How old are your daughters, and what did they think of an EfE? I find it very cool to be able to play in family (I am myself waiting for my sister and brother in law to move back to have my local group form again).

Hopefully you'll see some adventurers run soon. I just finished running 2 so I'll take a break until August, but Fenderstat and Sarbaek plan to run some, and Cutlass has a campaign going on. Hopefully, we will also get more people interested to GM (especially for the U.S.).

Cheers
Philippe aka Ceodryn

alp

Jul 14, 2012, 5:14:07 AM7/14/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Flyndad,

Welcome.

You could try Capt Cutlass' Black Monolith campaign as it is recruiting.  It is great fun to play in.  Here is the link

Cheers,

Adam

Cutlass

Jul 19, 2012, 9:57:47 AM7/19/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Sorry guys but recruitment has been closed as we now have 6 players.
If someone transforms into a chaos spawn I will surely let you know.
Although I'm always recruiting for online Warhammerquest, it's not the same but if you are interested be sure to drop me a line.

Arr!

Cpt.C.

Skellan

Jul 19, 2012, 10:32:52 AM7/19/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am Dave, I have recently bought wfrp 3 ed. I used to play 1st ed back in the day and was mostly a gm, I did enemy within etc as well as my own campaign which lasted for ages. wfrp 3rd ed looks great and while I am doing some tabletop gaming with local friends I also have friends who work away etc so having them play remotely would be cool. I'd also like to do some pure online gaming if it works well. I am toying with the idea of setting up a persistent world but thats a little while away.

In the meantime, I am off work at the moment so I am up for playing just about anytime

Hopefully I will game with you soon

Dave

Ceodryn

Jul 20, 2012, 7:08:23 AM7/20/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Dave, welcome to the board! I look forward tom play with you, and hope you'll enjoy FG2 or Maptool, and want to GM afterwards!

Cheers
Ceodryn

Gazery

Aug 1, 2012, 4:49:47 PM8/1/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, my name is Gareth, known as Gazery. I own all of WFRP3E but haven't been able to play it, as I live in the middle of nowhere and have no gaming groups near me (as far as I know). So would love to start playing online. I don't really know how to use Maptools or FG2, so any tips/help would be very welcome. I have been a fan of the Warhammer world since the mid 80's and have had a go at all of the fantasy stuff based around it, although I have had least involvement with the RPG's.

I will try to be a available to play on weekends and possibly some evenings. I live in England so GMT.
If you could let me know what to do next, create a character/sign up for something/download something/etc

Cheers, Gazery

Ceodryn

Aug 1, 2012, 6:08:40 PM8/1/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Gazery,

Welcome to the group! First of all, go and read the thread that explains how to install and use maptool and FG2. FG2 is more often used on this board, but Dan also run many games using Maptool:

Then, you can join one of the upcoming adventure. There is one running on August 18th, and while it is full, both Dan and I are happy to give our spaces to new players such as yourself (I can use the time to do some coding of the library for FG2 :) ). So, if you can make it on August 18th (and 3 sessions after that as it's a multi session adventure), go ahead and sign.

Cheers
Ceodryn

Daniel Wise

Aug 1, 2012, 6:25:21 PM8/1/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Yes it's a lonely life being the only maptools GM out here.  All the cool kids GM with FG2 :(  Luckily I'm a total hipster and like to buck the trend.

Karma Kollapse

Aug 1, 2012, 6:29:27 PM8/1/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
I'm GMing with maptools... but that's only because I don't think my players will purchase FG2, and I don't want to buy Ultimate yet.

Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 08:25:21 +1000
From: fende...@gmail.com
To: wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com

Daniel Wise

Aug 1, 2012, 6:29:33 PM8/1/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
And Gareth

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-old-world-league/characters

To create a character get an obsidian portal account, favourite the campaign (above link) so Ceodryn can invite you in and create a character at the above page using the template provided.  Copy other peoples characters a guide.  Good luck.

Daniel Wise

Aug 1, 2012, 6:30:57 PM8/1/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Curses!  Now I'm no longer a hipster.  Nice one Karma!

Skellan

Aug 1, 2012, 9:14:45 PM8/1/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Gazery.

I will be running some short scenarios very soon. These should each last for one session and you are welcome to join.I am based in England too, so I am sure that we can find game times to suit us both. I use Fantasy grounds 2 and have an ultimate license so you will be able to play my games for free. I will post more details soon

In either case, I am sure you will find a game soon. Everyone on here is very helpful, so if you need anything, just ask

Hope to see you in game soon

Gazery

Aug 2, 2012, 11:13:44 AM8/2/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone for the welcome and the replies.
Ceodryn - I have joined The Olde World League and will try to create a character shortly. Does it matter what type of character I should make? I notice there are no wizard characters, should I make one of those, or is there a reason no-one has one?
I might not join the Eye for an Eye campaign as it goes over 4 sessions and I would prefer to start with a single session campaign to ease me in.

 Skellen - those single session campaigns sound great, I will try to keep an eye out for that and hoepfully join one.

Cheers again, Gazery

Philippe Boujon

Aug 2, 2012, 12:51:06 PM8/2/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com, wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
You can do any kind of characters. I guess no one did a wizard because no one has wanted to play one yet :)

Sent from my iPhone

Karma Kollapse

Aug 2, 2012, 12:53:02 PM8/2/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Cue everyone rolling wizards!

I just got Witch's Song in the post so maybe I should make a witch/warlock next time there is a one-shot... *ponders*

Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 12:51:06 -0400
To: wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com

Radosław Grzanka

Aug 2, 2012, 2:09:25 PM8/2/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I guess, I should also introduce myself. So.. My name is Radek, I'm
from Poland. I play Warhammer FRP since 1993. I started with first
edition, skipped second and now I'm back with third. This is my
favorite RP world ever. Mainly I GM but I like to be a adventurer too.
I already GMed Warhammer game online, using Maptool and Mumble but I
did not like it much (I think maptool is too board oriented or I was
too board oriented). Since I discovered FG 2 I was stunned how close
it is to having actual table in front of me. Next game I will GM using
FG 2 and Google Hangout (for voice/video). I'm positive it will be
better experience for me.

I'd gladly play a game with anybody online, if you are accepting non
native english speakers.

Cheers!
Radek.

Daniel Wise

Aug 2, 2012, 5:50:11 PM8/2/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Are you kidding Radek?

If we weren't excepting non english natives there'd be like three people in the league!  Welcome aboard buddy.

Dan

Philippe Boujon

Aug 2, 2012, 6:00:45 PM8/2/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
And anyone who wants to GM is welcome to, native English speaker or not... actually, I think all GMs so far in the OWL are not native English speaker (What? Australian is English? Seriously? :) It took me 3 weeks living there before I could understand a world of what my co-workers were saying)

Cheers
Ceodryn

Skellan

Aug 3, 2012, 5:58:45 PM8/3/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
most people's English is better than mine :P

Cheers
Ceodryn

Dan

Bigideas

Aug 3, 2012, 6:24:38 PM8/3/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am Daniel (bigideas). I live in the UK and wish to play 3rd edition online as I have moved to the countryside away from any people who even know what this game is haha. I have the core rule set, player guide, gm guide (hardbacks), liber fantica/mutatis, heros call,    and will be getting the magic one later on. I have not used maptools or FG2 yet but would like to GM or game or both on MONDAY nights perhaps tuesdays as well.

I have also played warhammer battles since high school and this is my first real interest in roleplaying.

Cheers

Bigideas

Skellan

Aug 3, 2012, 8:36:32 PM8/3/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel, Its nice to have you onboard. There are games running regularly, and plenty of players so I am sure that you will get a game soon. If youy have any questions or anything, just let us know :)

Ceodryn

Aug 5, 2012, 5:33:23 PM8/5/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey David,

Welcome to the group! I am sure you will find players happy to join your campaign. Hopefully you can also join as a player some of the short adventures run on this board. Dan is running one with Maptool this coming weekend, and Skellan is running one with FG2 this coming Thursday. Check it out if you want to get an idea of playing online.

Cheers
Philippe / Ceodryn

mremann

Aug 6, 2012, 6:12:37 AM8/6/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

I'm Arran (mremann) From the uk and have run 3rd edition before (did the first two modules of the Enemy Within), though at the moment I am looking to play so that I can get used to using both Maptools and Fantasy grounds, but would be more than happy to run the odd game here adn there in the future! Also does the League need more wizards?

Ceodryn

Aug 6, 2012, 7:10:39 AM8/6/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arran,

Welcome to the group! There are a couple games running in the next week or so for you to try, and then we always need more GMs :)

If you want to play a wizard, go ahead, it's just that not many players wanted (not sure why). I believe someone just created a Grey Wizard.

Cheers
Ceodryn

Ceodryn

Aug 6, 2012, 7:12:28 AM8/6/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Just an update, that as of today, we have ~76 members registered to this Google Group. There has been a lot of new members in the past couple weeks, and with Skellan and Arnaud, we have two new GMs as well.

Cheers
Ceodryn

Terry Moore

Aug 7, 2012, 12:20:20 AM8/7/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terry here from Texas.  I have all the books except call of heroes and lure of power.  I've had some experience in playing but no experience playing online.  I am looking to join a weekend game.

Daniel Wise

Aug 7, 2012, 12:40:59 AM8/7/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Terry

Join my game this weekend!  Just say your coming in that thread, there is one spot left.  You'll need to create a character at the Olde World League .  To do that get an obsidian portal account, favourite the campaign and Ceodryn will invite you in, then create your character using the template provided.  You'll need skype and maptools.

Dan

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Terry Moore <hellfir...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Terry here from Texas.  I have all the books except call of heroes and lure of power.  I've had some experience in playing but no experience playing online.  I am looking to join a weekend game.

Remchi

Aug 19, 2012, 5:28:40 AM8/19/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!

My name's Rem and I'm from Russia. I'm quite new to Warhammer - I haven't played 1st edition (rookie!), but I played and GMed the 2nd edition a little. A year ago I bought 3rd edition core set and made couple of games. But here in Vladivostok is really hard to find players and especially GMs (RPG is not common hobby in our country), so your group is like the most awesome idea I've ever seen. :)

I own core set, The gathering storm campaign and Player, GM and Creatures Guides. I'm not native speaker, so it's kinda scary to participate in games, especially to GM, but it would be awesome to try out as player. I'd prefer to play via FG2 and my timezone is GMT+10.

And the work you do here (libraries, mods, rulesets, etc...) is really inspiring! Thank you very much for that.

Rem.

Petar Kalmar

Aug 19, 2012, 5:56:02 AM8/19/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
so i guess we have more kislevites on here :D

Skellan

Aug 19, 2012, 7:43:00 AM8/19/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rem
Glad to have you here. Dont worry about it being scary, everyone on here is nice.
There are quite a few (including me) that are new to the rules etc. so you arent alone.
Welcome and hope to game with you soon

Ceodryn

Aug 19, 2012, 10:14:45 AM8/19/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Terry, Rem, welcome to the group! I am glad that you already got to play Terry, and don't worry Rem, a lot of us here are non-native english speaker so we understand! As Petar put it, you can create a Kislevite (or Ostermarker or Ostlander or even Ogre) character and totally be "in-character" all the time with your great accent! :)

Cheers
Ceodryn

Steve of the Red Fez

Sep 10, 2012, 8:55:31 PM9/10/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi, my name is Steve (of the Red Fez on the Fantasy Flight forums). I've been playing Warhammer 3E for about a year. I got into it when I started a game club at the high school I work at and introduced it to the kids. They went berserk over it and loudly proclaimed it to be the greatest game ever made! Now I'm looking to use Fantasy Grounds to reconnect with my old friends with whom I had played old school Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay with years ago.

Skellan

Sep 10, 2012, 9:21:43 PM9/10/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve
welcome, its always nice to get more people on here. hope to game with you soon

Fly-n-Dad

Sep 10, 2012, 11:12:59 PM9/10/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hello to All !!

I have already introduced myself in this thread quite some time ago, and believe I did so a little too early, so I would like to re-introduce myself now that I have Fantasy grounds installed and Neils framework loaded and faster internet updated and Skype running well. In other words, "I am ready". I am central time U.S. / -6 GMT. I have yet to actually play a game of 3e and am REALLY looking forward to it. So if any GMs out there don't mind a new guy tagging along I am certainly up for a game. Ideally, a very short demo run would not be a bad idea as I am certain to have MANY questions regarding FG and some of the mechanics. Then, if anyone is running any of the boxed set adventures that would be great ( I wish to play them as a player before I purchase them and GM them for my daughters ).

I am available this Wednesday the 12th of September anytime after 10:30am central time, which is 4:30 pm GMT if I am not mistaken.

Thanks for all the help and support !!

Skellan

Sep 11, 2012, 7:59:54 AM9/11/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
I am will be going out Wednesday evening but I may have a couple of hours where our times overlap. Add me to skype if you want and we could perhaps do a short encounter to get you set up with FG if we have time.
my skype username is bill.lear3

Valgard

Sep 25, 2012, 6:31:23 PM9/25/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks, Ian here.
Been playing RPG's since the late 70's. Own more games than I've actually played and still can't get out of the habit of buying them! Played Warhammer from 1st edition through 2nd and am now looking at 3rd as it seems less work to set up battlemaps due to the abstract combat system.
Have been playing online with friends with Fantasy Grounds for several years now, almost always as GM and am thinking of swapping the Enemy Within campaign that I've been running with 2nd edition over to 3rd, if my players take to the new ruleset.

Fly-n-Dad

Sep 25, 2012, 11:08:36 PM9/25/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Valgard!

Welcome to the online group. Please feel free to ask any questions. You will find a GREAT group of guys here who really know what they are doing with 3rd edition and the FG WH3 ruleset. I would recommend watching some of the videos that Ceodryn has put together about Neil's WFRP3 ruleset.

Have you already downloaded the ruleset and Ceodryn's library? The other guys can help you with the technical on the install and set up as I am more of a cheerleader at the moment.

What other games do you play regularly? I am a big Warhammer Quest fan myself, but haven't played since discovering 3rd edition. I think you will find conversion easy. I took my two parties and converted them over to the new mechanic and we have been traveling the old world ever since. [Right now the party is a bit lost in the Reikwald forest after trying to chase down the escaped beastmen from Eye for an Eye..  :)  ]

Anyway,.. Welcome to the group. I hope we get together for a game soon. .... Which reminds me, If you can get up and running, Ceodryn has a "demo" game tomorrow night for the sole purpose of getting players used to the ruleset and there is one or two spots open; just find the "interest in demo game" thread,...

Burnalot

Sep 26, 2012, 6:59:18 AM9/26/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am Bob/Burnalot from Hungary. Warhammer is my favourite rpg setting by far and I would really like to try it online. Not really familiar with the ruleset, but I am a fast learner. My timezone is GMT+1. I would like to be a player, never did GMing. I should be available any time that we discuss beforehand.

Cheers,

Burn

Ceodryn

Sep 26, 2012, 7:33:05 AM9/26/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Valgart, Burn, welcome to the group!

I hope we play together soon. There is usually a game every two weeks, either with Skellan or I as a GM.

I am running a Demo game tonight (7 pm, EST/GMT-4, New York Time Zone) which you can find details here. If any of you are interested, we still have two spots available.

You will find all information necessary to install FG2 for WFRP3 in this thread.

Don't hesitate asking questions.

Finally, in regards to conversion from 2nd to 3rd, Valgart. It's very much feasible. I currently still play 2nd, but I find 3rd rules a more enjoyable experience (however I enjoy my 2nd group of players and GM). Converting scenarios is a peace of cake. Converting characters take a little more work. I would recommend simply creating new characters, and giving enough XP to achieve a similar rank (1 career, 2 careers, etc) and let the players re-create their characters as close as possible.

Cheers
Ceodryn

Petar Kalmar

Sep 26, 2012, 7:33:08 AM9/26/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hello my northern neighbor from Serbia :D welcome to group there are games quite often here so you can easily find a spot there is a game tomorrow if you want to try to play that soon and there is a demo A day late tonight but it is around 1 in the morning here if you want to join that to

Petar Kalmar

Sep 26, 2012, 7:38:14 AM9/26/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
sorry game is on Saturday i said that i will give my spot if someone wants it so you can join :D

Karma Kollapse

Sep 26, 2012, 7:44:26 AM9/26/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
The game on Saturday might not be such a good choice for inexperienced players though! :)

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 04:38:14 -0700
From: malkov...@yahoo.com
To: wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com

Fly-n-Dad

Sep 26, 2012, 2:13:58 PM9/26/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Btw, I was curious as to how you found out about the group. FFG Forums? Fantasy Grounds? Friends?

Fly-n-Dad

Sep 26, 2012, 2:15:57 PM9/26/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Burnalot!

Welcome aboard!,  How did you find out about the Google group? I was just curious. Friends, FFG forums, Fantasy Grounds website??

John Condon

Sep 27, 2012, 4:16:54 AM9/27/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
As I just spoke up on another thread I thought I had best introduce myself in the right place too.
Hi Everyone, the names John. I am a LONG time gamer (far too long.. makes the bones feel old sometimes :D ) and have been involved in WFRP since the early days.
Have run each of the earlier versions but am looking to get involved as a player for once in 3rd edition.
I'm based in the UK so I get the feeling my time zone is perfect for "some" of the GM's I've already noticed on the group.
Lets just hope I can get my own self organised well enough to actually jump aboard at some point.

John C

Skellan

Sep 27, 2012, 2:44:05 PM9/27/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi John, welcome :)
I am in the UK too and usually run scenarios on thursday evenings, though I havent this week.

Burnalot

Sep 28, 2012, 7:13:32 AM9/28/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
I found it on the Fantasy Ground forum. Really happy that i did :)

Burnalot

Sep 28, 2012, 7:25:50 AM9/28/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Managed to get hold of all the WFRP books available and just started to study the Player's Guide. I should be somewhat familiar with the rules by next week. Would really like to try the game then. So please if anyone is planning running a session let me know, I would be really happy to try.

Cheers,

Burn

Karma Kollapse

Sep 28, 2012, 8:31:21 AM9/28/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
It isn't next week, but the week after I'll be running an adventure on the Sunday (14th, 8pm Hungary time). Two of the players have said they'd step aside so a new player can join, so if you're interested let me know :)
It is loading more messages.