How to use libraries for WFRP3 in Fantasy Grounds II (FG2)

Ceodryn

May 20, 2012, 10:54:23 PM5/20/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
[This topic was re-posted on May 20th 2012 to provide updated directions for using libraries with the new FG2 WFRP3 Ruleset v1.3]

Libraries are additional set of rules coded for the WFRP3 ruleset. You will need to place those libraries in the following folders:
  • C:\Users\USER NAME OF YOUR WINDOWS ACCOUNT\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\modules\ for Windows 7
  • C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\modules\  for Windows XP
  • The WFRP3 Ruleset comes with a standard library that you can download here: WFRP v3 - Library.mod
  • The GM then needs to activate the library within the WFRP3 FG2 ruleset:
    • Click on an icon resembling an open book within FG2 WFRP3 to open the "module activation" window. The standard library should appear within the window if you placed it in the right folder.
    • Open its book by click-dragging the book open.
    • You will also need to force load the library to your players by dragging the green token resembling an lightning strike.
The standard library  is actually empty, but for examples of WFRP3 cards: disease, miscast, mutations, insanities, conditions and critical wounds, careers, actions and talents.
  • The most simple use of the standard library is to use its example virtual cards to supplement the paper cards made available within WFRP3.
    • For example, if your character has the action "Troll-Feller Strike", you can create a new example virtual action card within the WFRP3 FG2 interface, then change its name to "Troll-Feller Strike". You can then use the recharge function provided by the WFRP3 FG2 ruleset to manage recharge tokens of this action, but you will still need to refer to your paper card to know what the effects of the action are.
  • You could however also code the text of the "Troll-Feller Strike" action within the standard library, so that the action card effects would be available as a virtual action card within the WFRP3 FG2
    • You will need an XML editor such as Notepad++ and the Fantasy Grounds PEM Utility made available by FG2.  This program allows you to extract a library file, and recombine it after you edit it with Notepadd++.
    • Please read the WFRP3 FG2 documentation to learn how to code, extract and recombine libraries files.
Fans of WFRP3 and FG2 have already created libraries of cards available for WFRP3. I am making my own library available for download here (~10 mb), which replace the standard library in your modules folder.
As of the date of this post (May 20th 2012), my library contains the following items:
  • All cards in the Player's Guide / Player's Vault
  • All cards in the Game Master's Guide / Game Master's Vault
  • All locations from Lure of Power and Omens of War
  • Most cards from the Creature Vault
This library is NOT a replacement for owning the WFRP3 core set or the Player's Guide/Vault and Game Master's Guide/Vault and supplements.

While the library make the cards available within FG2 for quick reference, playing and GMing WFRP3 FG2 with access to the paper cards will make the virtual game much faster and smoother to play. FFG cards are beautiful and so well organized that it is much easier to reference them, than to look for the card within a library. However, having the cards available in the library is useful for a GM to quickly reference, especially when helping a player within the FG2 interface.

I am continuously updating this library for my own usage, with the aim to code all of the cards from the three core products (Player's Guide/Vault, Game Master's Guide/Vault, Creature Guide/Vault). With the release of WFRP3 v1.3 ruleset by Neil, I have proof read the items listed above and corrected numerous errors. However if you find mistakes, please let me know in this thread.

Coding of the Creature Guide is currently in progress. You will still find most of the creatures and creatures actions coded within my library. Be wary however, as I did not proof read that data and numerous mistakes may exist. I have chosen not to include any action cards within each creature, preferring instead to build an action pool when creating an adventure, as FFG intended with the Creature's Vault.

Cheers
Ceodryn / Philippe

Ceodryn

May 24, 2012, 8:46:10 AM5/24/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
I got the following question recently, and though to answer it here for everyone's benefit

1) I deleted all the libraries and copied the one you sent me, is there anything else I need to do? The dice markers are still not showing up for the actions.

Wiith the advent of the 1.3 ruleset and the new WFRP v3 - Library (1 file of ~10 mb), you need to delete all of the old libraries I had previously provided, i.e. those named Player's Guide, Game Master's Guide, Creature's Guide and Location.  The new library contains all of that information, and more, and directly replace Neil example library. Keep in mind that I keep updating that library, so you may want to download it every month or so... or at least every time I run a new FG2 adventure. It is important that the GM/Host has the same version of the library than his players.

If you had created characters using the old libraries, information contained within that character is outdated. You need to delete all the skills, actions cards, weapons and armors from that character and replace them by their equivalent, drag and dropped from the new library. Why not replace careers and talents? Because I didn't make any changes to those, but I made changes to everything else.

Regarding action cards, to verify that the drag & drop will work: when you click on an action card, you should see in the "check" field something like: Skill vs. If instead you see something like Skill (Char) vs. then your action card is still one of the old library action card.

Keep in mind however that not all actions will work with drag & drop. Some actions have no check, while some actions are based on a skill but a special characteristic (ex: Intimidate (Fel)). When the later, I decided to leave it as it is and the drag and drop won't work. The player will then have to do it the old way, drag and drop his characteristic (Fellowship) and add expertise dices if he/she is trained in Intimidate (St).

I hope this help clarify the upgrade from the old libraries for the 1.2 ruleset to the new library for the 1.3 ruleset.

Cheers
Philippe / Ceodryn

neilgfoster

May 24, 2012, 8:56:35 AM5/24/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Just a little clarification:

You do not need to delete skills, actions, weapons, etc. from a character when upgrading the ruleset.

The ruleset includes code that automatically upgrades your campaign when it is loaded. In the version 1.3 release of the ruleset, the changes revolve around supporting different difficulty values for both conservative and reckless stances, where previously there was only one set of values.

The ruleset will upgrade all the characters automatically. As there are now two values for each difficulty (conservative/reckless) when previously there was only one, the upgrade simply copies the previous values into both the new conservative and reckless values. The only changes you are therefore required to make is to update the difficulty if the actions conservative/reckless values are different

Ceodryn

May 24, 2012, 6:29:05 PM5/24/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Neil is right, the ruleset will upgrade your old characters and campaigns, and make it work with the 1.3 ruleset. What I am suggesting is due to the changes in the libraries I am providing, not the changes in the ruleset. I apologize if I wasn't clear about that.

If your old characters or campaigns were created using old libraries, errors that existed in those files will remain. When the new ruleset came out, I was already working on proofreading the entire library, and found numerous errors in the check field, difficulty modifier field, recharge field and even effect field. Keep in the libraries are hand coded, and therefore susceptible to entry errors. I also added additional description to the skills, and items cards to make it easier for the player and GM.

That is why, I am suggesting to replace actions (definitely), skills and items (optional as changes are minimal), using the new library. In a way, it has nothing to do with the 1.3 ruleset, but as the new ruleset came out, I thought it was a good time to release a newer and more robust library.

Cheers
Philippe

Ceodryn

May 27, 2012, 12:02:57 PM5/27/12
to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
Just a short update to my library as I added lots of new content this past week. The link address does not change.
(Updated locations & finished all melee actions from the Creature's Guide):
As of the date of this post (May 27th 2012), my library contains the following items:
    • All cards in the Player's Guide / Player's Vault
    • All cards in the Game Master's Guide / Game Master's Vault
    • Locations with fluff and pictures (Not including: The Witch Song, Black Fire Pass, Hero's Call, PODs)
    • All melee actions cards from the Creature's Guide
    • All creatures from the Creature's Guide
    My next goal is to get all the ranged & support actions from the Creature's Guide.

    Cheers
    Ceodryn

    fictionalbeing

    Jun 1, 2012, 4:57:14 PM6/1/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Anybody have trouble loading the libraries under Windows XP?

    -Sherm

    Ceodryn

    Jun 2, 2012, 7:43:59 AM6/2/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hi Sherm,

    Can you describe your problem? My wife laptop has Windows XP, so I can try replicating it. I am assuming you are referring to the game library  (WFRP v3 - Library, which I posted within this thread), and not the adventures libraries?

    I just tested the following: I created a new campaign on my laptop (Windows 7), my wife connected to the campaign on her laptop (Windows XP) using Hamachi. Prior to that, she had downloaded the latest WFRP v3 - Library, and placed it in the modules folder.

    When she joined the game, her laptop had to load files (the first time only), and after a minute or so of loading, she was able to join the FG2 game table.

    Let me know,
    Thanks
    Ceodryn

    fictionalbeing

    Jun 3, 2012, 7:12:46 PM6/3/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hi Ceodryn,

    Actually it's one of my potential players problems. He swears the WFRP library (yes base library, not adventures) won't load and he is the only one on XP. Checked the placement of the files and he swears that the libraries are in:

    C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\modules\

    And yeah, it takes awhile to load all the material for WFRP compared to other modules like C&C.

    Thanks for any help!

    -Sherm

    Ceodryn

    Jun 3, 2012, 9:17:02 PM6/3/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hi Sherm

    From what you said, I am assuming your other players don't have a problem? As I was able to connect between my wife Windows XP laptop and mine on Windows 7, the library size may not be the issue, or not the only issue.

    First, make absolutely sure that you and your player are using the exact same and latest WFRP v3 - Library.mod file. Unfortunately, I have not included a version number (a mistake I will rectify in the near future), so there is no other way for the two of you to make sure of it than to download it again and replace the file you have.

    Then, as a GM, create a WFRP3 test campaign (where you have no maps, no story, etc..). Have your player then try to connect to it. The downloading of files, the first time, may be very long. The first time my wife laptop connected and downloaded the files, it took at least 3 min for her computer. Our internet connection is slow, and our laptops are old.

    What does your player see on his loading screen? It should first say: "Connecting", then shift to "Downloading". As a GM, you should see your player getting "Connected" as soon as he is starting the downloading.

    Indeed, the WFRP v3 Library is a big file, 10+ MB. Most of it's size is because of the creature tokens, and locations cards.

    Let me know what you find out. We can also connect through Skype to test it out further.

    Cheers
    Ceodryn

    Ceodryn

    Jun 4, 2012, 7:04:44 PM6/4/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hi All,

    I am very glad to release what I will consider my "final" library v2.0.0: WFRP v3 - Library

    As usual, this library file goes in your module folder and will replace your old WFRP v3 - Library.

    This library contains the following coded content (i.e. cards):
    • WHF01 - WFRP3 Core Set - All
    • WHF02 - Adventurer's Toolkit - All
    • WHF05 - Game Master's Toolkit - Locations
    • WHF09 - The Creature Guide - All
    • WHF10 - The Creature Vault - All
    • WHF11 - Player's Guide - All
    • WHF12 - Player's Vault - All
    • WHF13 - Game Master's Guide - All
    • WHF14 - Game Master's Vault - All
    • WHF06 - Winds of Magic - Locations, Creatures, Rank 1
    • WHF08 - Signs of Faith - Locations, Creatures, Rank 1
    • WHF16 - Omens of War - Locations, Severe Injuries
    • WHF18 - Lure of Power - Locations
    • WHF19 - Hero's Call - None
    • WHF04 - The Gathering Storm - All
    • WHF07 - Edge of Night - Locations
    • WHF15 - The Witch's Song - None
    • WHF17 - Black Fire Pass - None
    • FAQ - FAQ 9-2-11 - All Revisions
    In addition the coded content, I have made a number of improvements to this file:
    • Organized the library in sub-folders: Player's Library, Game's Master Library, Creatures Library
    • Added a "Credits and Content" sub-folder, for GMs and players to ensure they use the same version
    • Added a "FG2 help" sub-folder to quickly reference the commands available to GMs and players
    • Added new bits from the expansions to use with new progress trackers
    • Created new progress trackers that you can download though the link, and copy in the /campaigns/images/ folder of your FG2 campaigns (for GMs use only).
    Thus, besides rank 2+ spells and blessings, this library contains all "cards" from the three WFRP3 lite books, and the vaults, and more. It should give any FG2 WFRP3 GMs all the tools necessary to build and run scenarios.

    With that release, I will stop my coding effort at this point of time, beside small revisions, corrections of unavoidable errors we will find. When make any further revisions, I will always change the version number for ease of tracking.

    Moving forward, I look forward to adapting scenarios to FG2 WFRP3 and GMing them online.

    Cheers
    Philippe aka Ceodryn

    HedgeWizard

    Jun 5, 2012, 11:34:24 AM6/5/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    This is wonderful! Thanks so much for the time and effort in putting this together.

    It's really helped get us back into Fantasy Grounds quickly.

    Cheers!

    --Court / HedgeWizard

    Ummaner

    Jun 7, 2012, 8:51:47 AM6/7/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Yo Ceodryn,

    Thanks to write my name in the credits ;) I sure deserve this :)

    As you surely don't know I'm working on a french version of my librairy.
    I'm nearly finished just some last spells and all Creature actions cards to translate.

    I dont know if you'll be interested to have a download link to it when it's finished ?

    Ummaner

    Ceodryn

    Jun 7, 2012, 9:36:46 PM6/7/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hey Umm,

    You definitely do! Thanks again for your help getting started with the coding. I don't know whether to thank you or curse you, as now, I spend so much time codding scenarios or the library in FG2 :).

    Glad to hear you are seeing the end of your French library! How about, when you decide to release it, you post a message within this thread with the link to download it? If you don't have dropbox to host the file, you can send it to me and I'll add it to this thread.

    Cheers
    Ceodryn

    fictionalbeing

    Jun 8, 2012, 4:14:28 PM6/8/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Thanks for your assist with this! Turns out it was a registry problem on his computer!

    Thanks again,

    -Sherm

    Ceodryn

    Jun 21, 2012, 6:48:20 AM6/21/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hi All,

    I am posting an update to my library, v2.1.0: WFRP v3 - Library

    As usual, this library file goes in your module folder and will replace your old WFRP v3 - Library.

    This library contains the following updated content (i.e. cards):
    • WHF16 - Omens of War - Locations, Careers, Horses, Mini-Cards
    • WHF18 - Lure of Power - Locations, Careers, Mini-Cards
    • WHF19 - Hero's Call - Character Races
    • WHF07 - Edge of Night - Locations, Mini-Cards
    • WHF15 - The Witch's Song - Careers, Mini-Cards
    Cheers
    Philippe aka Ceodryn

    John

    Jun 21, 2012, 11:14:49 AM6/21/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Ceodryn, this is awsome!
    I am always excited to see an update from you, and as always, thanks for sharing your work with us!

    John

    Jun 21, 2012, 11:19:24 AM6/21/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    By the way Ceodryn.

    What could I do to assist you in inserting new content in your library? Is there a way to help?

    I do not have experience with the FGII xml files, but I believe I could work on it.

    I have all products for WFRP 3rd except for the print on demand so far, and maybe there is something I could do?

    What do you do to edit them?

    Ceodryn

    Jun 21, 2012, 5:31:38 PM6/21/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hey John,

    Thanks for proposing! I am always happy to get code from contributors and include it within the library. Really, it depends what you or anyone want to do. What would you like to see included, as a player or GM?

    Since all of the guides are now coded (except rank 2+ blessings and spells), all further coding is hand typing and thus time consuming. I tried scanning + OCRs but it doesn't work well with FFG fonts.

    As of today, what still need to be coded is:
    • Winds of Magic: Rank 2+ spells, 5 Items
    • Signs of Faith: Rank 2+ blessings, 4 Items
    • Adventurer's Toolkit: 1 Item
    • Game Master's Toolkit: 8 Nemesis Organizations, 10 Items

    • The Witch's Song: 4 Items, 9 PCs Actions
    • Edge of Night: 4 Items
    • The Gathering Storm: 10 Items
    • Black Fire Pass: No idea, I don't have the supplement

    • Lure of Power: 6 Retainers, 6 NPCs, 6 Secret Organizations, 2 Items, 32 PCs Actions
    • Omens of War: 6 Enhance cards, 3 NPCs, 3 Items, 34 PCs Actions
    • Heros' Call: No idea, I only have the PDF
    Then there are all of the creatures and actions cards for creatures that came with those supplements... I am not even attempt to count those :).

    The most difficult when combining code from contributors is that I have to make sure the formatting is similar to mine. I try to keep my formatting as close as possible to FFG. If FFG bold it, I bold it, if they capitalize a letter, I do too, and etc...

    So, for example if you were interested to code the "Items" cards, you have two ways to do it:
    1. The basic approach: Type the cards text as it appears in notepad/wordpad without any formatting except return to the line or spaces. I can then copy/paste it into the library and insert the XML code. That's what Jalapena did with the latest careers, which helped me a lot.
    2. The expert approach: Type it directly into XML, in which case you tell me what you want to do, and I provide you a format (or if you know how to extract the library files, you can directly find the format in there). That's what Cutlass did with all of the greenskins and beasts/trolls actions
    I tend to code what makes me happy, so anyone interested can do the same. For example, I am currently coding creatures from "Journey to Black Fire Pass" as I want to run the scenario.

    Cheers
    Philippe / Ceodryn

    Sarbaek

    Jun 22, 2012, 2:58:10 AM6/22/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hey Ceodryn,

    This sounds fun :)

    I've had a look on the XML and it looks fairly straightforward. I'll go ahead and enter careers and creatures from Hero's Call and Blackfire Pass, directly into the XML.

    Cheers,
    Lars

    Philippe Boujon

    Jun 22, 2012, 7:38:21 AM6/22/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com, wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hey Lars, thanks that would be great! I use Notepad++ to code and debug.

    Since the library is getting big, coding within it is too slow. So it is better to open a new file, copy a career example template and work in that new file. Then you and other can send me that file and I'll just paste it within the master library I am working on.

    Cheers
    Ceodryn

    Sent from my iPhone

    Lars Sarbæk Kristiansen

    Jun 22, 2012, 7:45:14 AM6/22/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Cool, I have access to Visual Studio 2010 and that's fairly nifty with regards to xml. I'll separate the new stuff into files based on the expansion I think.

    Karma Kollapse

    Jun 22, 2012, 8:26:10 AM6/22/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    I just had Lure of Power come in the post today (finally), and Anya is very likely to take one of the actions from the pack, so I might be able to help with the PC actions from that set. I haven't had a look at the .xml files but I'm sure they'll be fine, I'm used to working with terrible code and I'm sure your XML is immaculate!

    Ceodryn

    Jun 22, 2012, 2:11:46 PM6/22/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Yeah right, my xml code immaculate ;)...

    I have put together (in 10 min) what my formatting/coding conventions are (until then, they were in my head). My main goal was to keep FFG formatting, and very rarely I have deviated from it. Those conventions have grown organically over time, and as the ruleset changed. I have however gone back through the entire library when the 1.3 ruleset was released to proof read and standardize it, so hopefully there should rarely be any deviation from those conventions.

    Link: Formatting conventions.xml

    If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

    Cheers
    Philippe

    alp

    Jun 22, 2012, 5:45:37 PM6/22/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    I am thinking of writing an access database whereby you could just fill out the appropriate fields.  Once you generate a report based on the forms and tables the XML tags would be automatically added to surround each field.  You could generate the report (XML code) to copy and paste into the master document on a per record basis or in its entirety.

    It would be great if I had an example of each different entry type, that I can work from - I am using the latest extracted library at the moment.  I will the see if my limited access programming skills are up to this.  I hope that this would make it easier for people with no skills in XML to add to the libraries.

    Let me know what you guys think.

    Cheers,

    Adam

    Ceodryn

    Jun 22, 2012, 11:08:18 PM6/22/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hey Alp,

    Hey Alp,

    If you need an example of each entry type, the best is to download Neil's basic library which contains all examples. Really, the most time consuming to code are actions cards, so any tool that would help doing that would certainly be very useful. I could then get my wife to code actions ;)

    Cheers
    Philippe

    Curtis Jackson

    Jun 23, 2012, 2:24:28 AM6/23/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hello Ceodryn!

    I just wanted to commend you on your interview on the Reckless Dice
    podcast. I have been wanting to find a FG WFRP gaming group for some
    time and it appears the Olde World League is a great way to allow
    gamers to get together for short sessions and one-offs. I saw that
    you mentioned possibly running another scenario next week if so I
    would like to get in on that if possible. Again, I'm in Alaska at GMT
    +9....

    Thanks,

    Curt (Grolsch Van Eyke)

    I'll favorite the League on OP...to get my character in the works!

    Curtis Jackson

    Jun 23, 2012, 2:39:37 AM6/23/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    One more comment...I've tried to favorite the Olde World League on OP
    and the link says the page no longer exists ?? Did anyone else have
    this problem ?

    Karma Kollapse

    Jun 23, 2012, 3:15:42 AM6/23/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Page seems to be fine; sure your link is correct? http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-old-world-league

    Ceodryn

    Jun 23, 2012, 8:58:21 AM6/23/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hey Grolsch,

    Thanks for the good words! The google group came about of my own desperation to play, and Dan (Fenderstat) then thought of the Olde World League concept, which we then put together as fast as possible. We are very glad it's working, and hope for more players and GMs so that games run more often.

    As Karma said, the link to the Olde World League is working. I am sure Dan will soon get you on the website. Being in Australia, he sees requests only the next day for us Europeans/Americans.

    Cheers
    Ceodryn

    Ceodryn

    Jun 23, 2012, 11:19:28 AM6/23/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    By the way, I just opened the game, Sat June 30th. If that date doesn't work for people and I dont have enough by Thursday, I'll move to another date.

    Cheers
    Ceodryn

    Karma Kollapse

    Jun 23, 2012, 11:57:14 AM6/23/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    You're not kidding, though I don't think the time consuming factor is format, it is just lots of small text that needs to be proof-read >.<

    Either way got a start on the Lure cards, just finished the Melee cards (not that there was many), will work on social/support (where there are plenty...) when I have time this week. There's no urgent rush for the Slaanesh action cards, right? >.>

    How have you gone about checks which are too long for the ruleset's template? For example, Pilfering Strike has Weapon Skill (AG) vs Target Observation (Int) written down - the (Int) gets cut off as standard, but even then it is stretching over the legend text.

    Philippe Boujon

    Jun 23, 2012, 12:15:49 PM6/23/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com, wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Ahh checks, I forgot to write those conventions:

    The 1st half if a check, before the vs., need to be ONLY the skill name, no (Char), to work with 1.3 ruleset drag and drop.

    Weapon Skill can be shortened to WS though, same for Ballistic Skill into BS, but other skills need to be spelled out.

    What comes after the vs. isn't as important so abbreviations are ok, for example Tgt Obs(Int). The shorter the better after a vs.

    By the way there is no rush for anything :). We are all doing that for fun!

    Cheers
    Ceodryn

    Sent from my iPhone

    Lars Sarbæk Kristiansen

    Jun 23, 2012, 3:54:30 PM6/23/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hah you don't say. Currently doing the flavor text from the back of the career cards. At least I get intimate with alle the dwarf careers :)

    Also I found a funny discrepancy between a career ability card and a career card. The career card's title is "Dwarf Master Engineer" but the career ability card title is "Master Dwarf Engineer". Since I don't know what a Master Dwarf is I have gone with the wording on the career card.

    Petar Kalmar

    Jun 23, 2012, 10:20:41 PM6/23/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    i have just found scans of all cards from dreadfleet captains pod and faith of sigmar pod but i don't know how to code them into fg2 module so if someone wants to do that i can upload them somewhere for them :D (they are png format if that is important) and also there i found all of cards from blackfire pass, adventurers toolkit, creature vault, edge of night, gm toolkit, gathering storm, lure of power, omens of war, signs of faith, winds of magic, and witches song if some of those are also needed but i cant code at all so i cant help in that

    Ceodryn

    Jun 24, 2012, 9:29:21 AM6/24/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hey All,

    We are all walking a thin line when it comes to coding a fan library for the FG2 WFRP3 ruleset, because, after all, we are coding FFG material. So far, we have been able to do so freely and thus to enjoy FG2 and the WFRP3 ruleset with all the bells and whistles. Therefore I'd prefer that we, on this board, officially stick to coding what we each own :). We are welcome to have private discussions by email, but let's be mindful that this group is public.

    Thanks!

    Cheers
    Philippe / Ceodryn

    Curtis Jackson

    Jun 24, 2012, 2:48:22 PM6/24/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    The link to the OWL page is fine but when I try to favorite it
    (showing currently having 15 favorites) it leads to a dead link Page
    not found...might be Mac issues so I'll try it on my PC FGII machine.
    > --
    > "WFRP3 Virtual RPG" group.
    > https://groups.google.com/d/msg/wfrp3-virtual-rpg/-/OtbaW9SRbQgJ.

    Curtis Jackson

    Jun 24, 2012, 9:29:54 PM6/24/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hmmm...I tried once again to favorite the OWL and it returns a page
    doesn't exist message. I can see the OP OWL page fine just can't
    favorite it. Yikes.

    Curtis Jackson

    Jun 24, 2012, 9:30:27 PM6/24/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Just downloaded the WFRP v3 library for FGII.

    Ceodryn

    Jun 28, 2012, 8:26:12 PM6/28/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hi All,

    I am posting an update to my library, v2.1.5: WFRP v3 - Library

    As usual, this library file goes in your module folder and will replace your old WFRP v3 - Library.

    This library contains the following updated content (i.e. cards):
    • WHF17 - Black Fire Pass - Locations, Careers, Mini-Cards (including Runes & Inventions), Items
    • Corrected a bunch of code errors, especially in the items (miscellaneous, weapons, armors)
    A big thank to Sarbaek for providing the code for Black Fire Pass careers and abilities. It was a huge help!

    Cheers
    Philippe aka Ceodryn

    PS: It is 2.1.5 and not 2.2.0 is that I didn't have time to finish coding the Black Fire Pass actions before this weekend game. I however coded those needed by the players.
    >>> wfrp3-virtual-rpg+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

    Curtis Jackson

    Jun 29, 2012, 12:24:26 PM6/29/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Bon jour Ceodryn!

    Definitely looking forward to tomorrows game. Do you recommend having
    the Core Rules on hand? Or with all the updated library material in FG
    will that be sufficient ? I could attempt to host the Skpe call but my
    signal can be a bit "twitchy" at times...perhaps we could give it a
    try this evening ?

    Cheers,

    Grolsch.

    Philippe Boujon

    Jun 29, 2012, 2:12:25 PM6/29/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com, wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Bonjour Curtis :)

    For new FG2 players, I recommend they have either their actions or a word doc with the actions, talents, so that they don't forget them while playing. Although, FG2 does have all of your player content including actions effects. It's really a matter of preference and comfort with FG2.

    As a GM, all what I have in front of me is the computer and a cheat sheet, and the scenario printed if I didn't have time to prep it all within FG2.

    Cheers
    Ceodryn

    Sent from my iPhone

    Ummaner

    Jun 29, 2012, 5:10:45 PM6/29/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Thank you for this usefull update. Some correction you should do, Ceodryn :
    Witchcraft Talent : You can't create your own talent class. Therefore, the Witch and the Warlock shouldn't have the own-made Witchcraft talent class you gave them. Make them an Order talent class (like wizards do). Transform your Witchcraft talent as an Order talent.

    Philippe Boujon

    Jun 29, 2012, 5:15:08 PM6/29/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com, wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Argh, I had realized that and forgot to correct it in this release! Thanks for pointing it out. I'll post an update on Sunday as noone is playing a witch this weekend :)

    Sent from my iPhone

    On Jun 29, 2012, at 5:10 PM, Ummaner <dispo...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Thank you for this usefull update. Some correction you should do, Ceodryn :
    Witchcraft Talent : You can't create your own talent class. Therefore, the Witch and the Warlock shouldn't have the own-made Witchcraft talent class you gave them. Make them an Order talent class (like wizards do). Transform your Witchcraft talent as an Order talent.

    Bert

    Jul 1, 2012, 12:29:21 AM7/1/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    I've been trying to make a character for a future game in FG2 using the rules set here, and I've come across something odd.  If I start a new campaign using the rules set, I can create a character from within that campaign and use the library to drag and drop skills, talents, occupations, etc. onto the character sheet.  If I try to create a character from the main FG2 menu (not from within a new campaign) I am unable to drag and drop from the module onto the character sheet.  Is this by design?  and if so, how can I export my character from a campaign for use in another GM's campaign?

    Ummaner

    Jul 1, 2012, 6:01:17 AM7/1/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    HI Bert,
    What do you mean by create a character from the main FG2 menu ? If you create Characters in a campaign that is a GM point of view (you cant use them if you play another GM campaign) If you are a player use the Manage Character button.
    If that is what you did, then You ll have to wait for Ceodryn cause I use my own librairy and it work fine. Have Faith !

    Ceodryn

    Jul 1, 2012, 7:44:42 AM7/1/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hi Bert,

    I just tried the Managed Character mode, and it worked as it should. I started it with selecting the WFRP3 ruleset, then I first had to activate my library (i.e. click on the book icon, then hover open the book in front of the WFRP3 library) as the Managed Character mode is like a new campaign and libraries aren't automatically open. After that, I was able to create my character and drag/drop all objects.

    Are you using the latest library I put online? I am unsure what may be the problem.

    Did anyone else have the same problem with the latest library?

    Cheers
    Ceodryn

    Karma Kollapse

    Jul 2, 2012, 7:12:18 AM7/2/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Just had my Black Fire Pass boxset arrive in the post... Best. Action Cards. Ever. I'm now desperate to play a Slayer character just so one day I can have the Glorious Death action.

    Lars Sarbæk Kristiansen

    Jul 2, 2012, 7:27:57 AM7/2/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    It's a pretty cool box in my opinion. I wish they'd make more race centered boxes like this. However my favorite action card is not from that box, I really dig the "Good Witch Hunter, Bad Witch Hunter" support action :)

    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/wfrp3-virtual-rpg/-/KaUkfgPAdcEJ.

    Curtis Jackson

    Jul 2, 2012, 2:06:33 PM7/2/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    So, I've picked up the Core Rules and Game Master's Vault (I know
    their a tad redundant...). What does the gang here think I should be
    setting my sites on next ? I'm happy to just be a player for a few
    more months (while wrapping up some V2 campaign as a GM). But, I do
    want to run some OWL scenarios in the fall...what's good ?

    Thanks,

    Curtis.

    >> --
    >> http://groups.google.com/group/wfrp3-virtual-rpg?hl=en.
    >

    > --
    > "WFRP3 Virtual RPG" group.

    Petar Kalmar

    Jul 2, 2012, 2:19:11 PM7/2/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    well winds of magic, signs of faith, omens of war, and lure of power have extra rules in them winds have mutation, signs disease, omens permanent injuries, and lure has social mechanics with shame :D so those are good start but i have yet to see bad expansion even adventures are some of the best I've seen in lots of systems so that is good pick also most of us have/will get in time all of the sets even Print on demand stuff

    >> --
    >> http://groups.google.com/group/wfrp3-virtual-rpg?hl=en.

    Curtis Jackson

    Jul 2, 2012, 2:41:02 PM7/2/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    I seem to have a hard time letting go ;-)...I played v1 years into
    creation of v2...finally decided on on home brew/hodge podge of v1/v2;
    no SoC (yet), druids still do their work in the shadowy forests, other
    kinds of magic besides colors...Anyway, I've been ignoring the big 800
    pound gorilla that is FFG's take on WFRP. I love all the various
    other games they have done (Descent, Talisman, Arkham Horror, DH, DW,
    RT...) but got caught up in the forum trope that v3 was a board game.
    Nice to have a chance to play it on OWL. It's such a shiny game
    (typical FFG) its a great way to get players totally new to RPG's into
    the game and then it has pretty amazing depth to keep folks
    interested.

    Needless to say I'm itching to see what the new TEW will look
    like...but I also want to play it. What to do...:-D?

    On a side note: (I love to digress) Philipe's great role playing
    (skype issues aside) reminded me to suggest to all, (if you haven't
    heard them already...) Michael Page's audible (narrated books) He's
    done The Lies of Locke Lamorra, Three Musketeers, and most to my
    liking the Joe Abercrombie books Best Served Cold and The Heroes.
    That guy has a chameleon voice that really is inspiring to GM's (role
    players in general).

    http://www.audible.com/search/ref=sr_pg__1?searchNarrator=Michael+Page

    The nature of FGII and VOIP role playing in general definitely
    benefits from some quality voice role playing.

    >> > --

    Ceodryn

    Jul 2, 2012, 4:29:48 PM7/2/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    Hey Curtis,

    That's a very good question. I am assuming you are asking from the standpoint of "what I should buy for playing/GMing online" (in which case it totally fit within this thread ;) ).

    For online playing, I highly recommend the Player's Guide, and that's pretty much all to start with. The Player's Guide contains the most important rules (including Winds of Magic and Sign of Faith corruption and diseases rules), and is very well organized (unlike the Core Set). Now, depending of what your character is, then get the expansion that matches your character:
    • Wizard - Winds of Magic (Although the Player's Guide is enough)
    • Priest - Signs of Faith (Although the Player's Guide is enough)
    • Warriors - Omens of War
    • Noble / Social - Lure of Power
    • Dwarf / Engineer / Runesmith - Black Fire Pass
    • Halfling / Ogre - Hero's Call
    For online GMing, the answer is more complex. The library will provide any online GM with a lot of the cards content (but not all yet). So, really, a starting GM could just use the Player's Guide, because again it contains the most critical rules.

    However, if the GM wants to use expansions rules then  the following boxes are needed (in the following order, again my opinion only):
    • GMing tips: Game Master Toolkit:
    • Severe Injuries, Mounted Combat, Fighting Styles: Omens of War
    • Nobility & Duel of Wits (a more in depth Social Encounter): Lure of Power
    • Engineering & Runesmithing: Black Fire Pass
    Now, for tabletop gaming, my answer wouldn't change much, but I would then recommend to also get the Creature Guide & Creature Vault, since you wouldn't have FG2 and the library to build your encounters.

    Cheers
    Ceodryn

    Ceodryn

    Jul 2, 2012, 4:34:28 PM7/2/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    The thing is Curtis, WFRP3 doesn't stop you to play in the "universe" of V1 or V2. If you want druids, and non color magic, it's easy to do with the current rules. You can make your "druids" and all "wizards" be using the hedge magic rules (contained in the Witch's Song expansion), where they can use any color (with risks). The colors can be easily combined into the V1 "schools" of elementalism, etc...

    Thanks for the audible links. I just happen to have credits that need to be used, and I listen to audio books or podcast at work, so perfect!

    Cheers
    Ceodryn

    >> > --

    Curtis Jackson

    Jul 2, 2012, 7:05:49 PM7/2/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    > Thanks for the audible links. I just happen to have credits that need to be
    > used, and I listen to audio books or podcast at work, so perfect!

    That's good to hear. Thanks for all the suggestions. I can't
    recommend enough Joe Abercrombie's The Heroes/Best Served Cold. He is
    probably the closest to nailing WFRP grim/darkness...gritty fantasy.
    Although quite a few F$%# bombs and raw language...headphones only at
    work :-D.

    I really enjoy MadAlfred's take on the Old Faith and I always get a
    bit huffy when WFRP canon becomes narrower in scope and things just
    get deleted for what I guess is a desire for coherent vision (i.e.
    miniatures being cohesive with the RPG...)

    Thanks again!

    >> > --
    >> > http://groups.google.com/group/wfrp3-virtual-rpg?hl=en.

    Ceodryn

    Jul 5, 2012, 3:56:43 PM7/5/12
    to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
    All, especially for those playing this weekend with me, here is a small update to my library,  v2.1.7: WFRP v3 - Library

    As usual, this library file goes in your module folder and will replace your old WFRP v3 - Library.

    This library contains the following updated content (i.e. cards):
    • WHF17 - Black Fire Pass - All PC Actions
    • WHF 18 - Lure of Power - selected PCs Actions needed by a few characters for advancement (Thanks to Karma for coding those!)
    • Corrected a bunch of code errors
      Cheers
      Ceodryn

      HedgeWizard

      Jul 15, 2012, 10:47:31 AM7/15/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      As ever, thanks for the hard work on improving library.  It makes such a HUGE difference with the excellent content work!

      Philippe Boujon

      Jul 15, 2012, 6:23:21 PM7/15/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Thanks!

      A little slow right now in term of library coding, as I am more interested in building adventurers in FG2, but sooner or later the bug will bite again and I'll want to have all Omens of War and Lure of Power in :).
      To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/wfrp3-virtual-rpg/-/pPZX8yajScgJ.

      Ummaner

      Jul 19, 2012, 4:52:48 PM7/19/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Hi Ceodryn,

      Just a few words to encourage You to check the Social Creature Actions.
      There are lot of little errors easy to correct (missing line and symbols, Recharge value and Modifier check).
      By the way thanks a lot for people helping completing missing stuff !
      Cheers !

      Ceodryn

      Jul 19, 2012, 5:38:52 PM7/19/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Thanks! Yeah, I didn't proofread a lot of the creature actions well since it wasn't as important for "playing", but I'll go over them.

      Ummaner

      Jul 20, 2012, 8:02:20 AM7/20/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Hi Ceodryn,

      Just so U know; I readproof all the creature actions U made for my French Version of my librairy.
      I mean I use your creature module as proof to readproof the french version and correct french translation errors (made a post on the official French Edge website called Erratum Momentum).
      I can tell U that there are very few errors on the creature actions compared to the number of cards.
      But for the social/support ones there are much frequent and they can be easily corrected (wrong recharge number, difficulty modifier, missing line (i.e. Bane not being displayed in its own line) that kind of mistake.
      I think in 1 hour maximum U could correct them easily.

      Have Faith !

      By the way, I nearly finished the French version, I need only to do Rang2/3 Blessings and all the Spells to finish it all. Then I ll send U my three modules if U want a post in here.

      Ceodryn

      Jul 21, 2012, 6:38:01 AM7/21/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      I'll probably go over those actions this week, and post an update next weekend!

      Yes, when you have your French libraries done, go ahead and send them. I'll add them to the group. It may convinces some of my old buddies to try WFRP3.

      Ceodryn

      Jul 22, 2012, 6:16:32 PM7/22/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      All,

      Here are the links to a number of modules I have created. As usual, those modules go in your module folder:

      - WFRP3 GM Screen - Based on Count Dimon v6.0 Reference Guide. It also include a set of progress trackers that I scanned or created.
      - The Oldenhaller Contract - Adventure adapted to WFRP3 (Original pdf/adventure is required)
      - The Pig, The Witch and Her Lover - Adventure adapted to WFRP3
      - With a Little Helps from my Friends - Adventure adapted to WFRP3 (Original pdf/adventure is required)

      If other GMs happen to create modules for adventure, please post them in this thread as well. Even if it is only the maps and NPCs, it will help future GMs to run those adventures in FG2.

      Cheers
      Ceodryn

      Arnaud van der Gaarden

      Jul 23, 2012, 6:15:02 AM7/23/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com

      I'm working on "eye for an eye", it'll be done around end Aug, begin Sept

      Cheers,
      Arnaud

      Ceodryn

      Aug 5, 2012, 5:31:15 PM8/5/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Hi All,

      Just a quick update: With new GMs coming on board, I am going to start coding again. I have already corrected errors in the creatures action that Ummanner referred to, and I have finished coding all cards for BFP and Witch's Song. I am working on continuing to code all cards for all scenarios, then will finally move to Omens of War and Lure of Power.

      Cheers
      Philippe

      mremann

      Aug 6, 2012, 7:48:15 AM8/6/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Hi

      I am having some problems with the library

      1) I can't find the folder "C:\Users\USER NAME OF YOUR WINDOWS ACCOUNT\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\modules\" I have windows 7, but I can;t seem to find the folder

      2) Whenever I try and download the Library, it downloads as an mpeg file, is that right?

      Richard

      Aug 6, 2012, 7:58:47 AM8/6/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Greetings,

      1. You can find the directory that the library is suppose to go in by going to the shortcut labelled "Application Data Folder" in the "start/all programs/fantasy grounds II" menu, it opens up the correct folder (though you still need to go into modules from there), I searched manually for ages for the right folder before I found that shortcut!

      2. Are you sure it's downloading it as an MPEG and not just representing it with the same icon? My OS (XP) does that.

      --
      Rich

      Ceodryn

      Aug 6, 2012, 7:58:48 AM8/6/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      1) The folder AppData is a hidden folder. When you go into C:\Users\ USER NAME OF YOUR WINDOWS ACCOUNT\ you then need to click on Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab -> Show hidden files, folders and drives. Once you have clicked on that option, the folder should appear.

      2) The library is a .mod file, however since that format is not recognized by Windows 7, it is displayed with the same icon as an mpeg file. Don't worry about it, and move it into the modules folder.

      Hope this help, let me know if you still have difficulties.

      Cheers
      Ceodryn

      mremann

      Aug 6, 2012, 8:34:47 AM8/6/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Cheers, that fixed it!

      Skellan

      Aug 16, 2012, 8:46:50 PM8/16/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Hi mate, just noticed that the pistollier career has a paragraph about witches at the bottom of the description.
      This library rocks btw!

      Skellan

      Aug 16, 2012, 9:23:09 PM8/16/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Also, am I right in thinking that there can  only be one active library module? I'd like to do a module of basic player information, things like:
      Basic info about regions, cities, religion, magic, chaos, politics etc that everyone would know. Sigmars Heirs has a good 'common' knowledge section.  Also perhaps a list of equipment, Emirkol has a great one on his blog, with suggested standard prices etc. I  have attached it here...
      Anyway, if i package this as a library module, would i have to add it into your library, or could i make another?
      WFRP3 HAFNER Houserules v9.pdf

      Philippe Boujon

      Aug 16, 2012, 10:26:40 PM8/16/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com, wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Thanks Bill, I'll correct that. I am planning to release a newer one with a bunch of errors corrected, new code from Rich, Ice and myself within a couple weeks.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 16, 2012, at 8:46 PM, Skellan <daveand...@googlemail.com> wrote:

      > Hi mate, just noticed that the pistollier career has a paragraph about witches at the bottom of the description.
      > This library rocks btw!

      Ceodryn

      Aug 18, 2012, 11:14:59 AM8/18/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Hey Bill,

      Regarding your question about library modules: It is possible to have more than one active library module open, but if those modules have duplicated information, it will look very messy.

      However, you could create a library module that include all of Liber Fanatica list of equipment (which is based on Emirkol's list) and is somewhat accepted as "official" by a lot of players. I always wanted to do this, but I prefer for now to continue focusing on coding the official products since I am far from done. You would use the same code for weapons, items, of the current standard library, but would strip all the other code (careers, etc...) and would save that library under a different name, ex: LF Equipment List. When both the standard library and LF equipment library are open together, players would have access to all the equipment in both (Although, I am open to include this list within the standard library... I just dont have time to do it myself).

      You could also create a library that include information about the empire, regions, etc... There is an basic window object in the standard library provided by Neil, the one I use to display the credits and content. You could use that object to write about the regions, etc... If this object isn't enough, you may have to build this content as adventure module instead of a library module.

      If I am not clear enough, I can alsos provide you with the basic code to start writing those libraries and you can then fill it in.

      Cheers
      Ceodryn

      Skellan

      Aug 18, 2012, 1:46:28 PM8/18/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Excellent, I will work on an unofficial information library. I don't plan to put anything controversial in it, I will keep it general enough to be useful to as many people as possible.

      If you could provide me with the basic code, it would be really helpful as I don't know how to do this yet

      (Nice to see you got back safe by the way, and haven't got eaten by bears or anything!)

      Ceodryn

      Aug 19, 2012, 10:16:39 AM8/19/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Ok cool, I'll send you a blank code this week.

      Yeah we did have a young back bear stomping into my wife and I campground, but he was well behaved and went on his way shortly after.

      Skellan

      Aug 19, 2012, 10:32:14 AM8/19/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Thanks! No massive hurry as I am just getting the info together first

      Lars Sarbæk Kristiansen

      Aug 20, 2012, 3:11:09 AM8/20/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      I am still working on careers from Hero's Call, but it's not going super fast since I am really busy at work at the moment, but hopefully I can have that ready before next release.

      Ceodryn

      Aug 29, 2012, 8:29:38 AM8/29/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Hi All,

      I am posting an update to my library, v2.1.8: WFRP v3 - Library

      As usual, this library file goes in your module folder and will replace your old WFRP v3 - Library.

      This library contains the following updated content (i.e. cards):
      • The Witch's Song: All cards (including Hedge Magic, Creatures, Items, Creatures Actions, Tokens with a updated resolution)
      • Rank2+ Spells from Winds of Magic, thanks to Nico aka Ice / Caveman
      • Omens of War's PCs actions, thanks to Richard aka Matchstickman
      A number of errors have also been corrected, thanks to all of your feedback. Finally, I have started to update all NPCs tokens to use the token sizes that Neil originally created (versus the token from Gitzman's website, which are lower size). It means the library will increase in size, but ultimately, the tokens will look better in maps.

      Cheers
      Philippe / Ceodryn

      Karma Kollapse

      Aug 29, 2012, 8:33:13 AM8/29/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      And OoW actions too? Nice one, that's going to make life easier in so many ways.

      Think I still owe you some LoP social actions, are people even using them?

      Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 05:29:38 -0700
      From: phbo...@gmail.com
      To: wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Subject: Re: How to use libraries for WFRP3 in Fantasy Grounds II (FG2)

      HedgeWizard

      Aug 29, 2012, 10:47:51 AM8/29/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Amazing. Once again - thanks to everyone for this awesome work in fleshing out the ruleset, and thanks to Ceodryn for managing the process & distributing it.

      Philippe Boujon

      Aug 29, 2012, 1:32:07 PM8/29/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com, <wfrp3-virtual-rpg@googlegroups.com>
      Hey Karma, Dave (Skellan) also want to work on LoP, so maybe you guys can divide the content. A few players are using what you coded already, my character, Gaston us one of them :)

      Sent from my iPhone

      Ceodryn

      Sep 17, 2012, 8:19:36 AM9/17/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Hi All,

      With Neil's release of his WFRP3 1.4 ruleset, it was perfect time for me to release my 2.2 library (it's like it was planned ;) ). This library version 2.2 code makes use of Neil's latest library features: the search function, back button, basic vs. advanced skills, adding a challenge dice for melee, ranged and "vs. Tgt Def" actions, and has been tested to be stable with the 1.4 ruleset.

      Download link - Library v2.2: WFRP v3 - Library

      As usual, this library file goes in your module folder and will replace your old WFRP v3 - Library.

      This library also contains the following updated content (i.e. cards):
      • Omens of War: All Player's Actions (Thanks to Matchstickman!), All Items, All Creatures, All Creatures' Actions, Crimson Rain NPCs
      • Lure of Power: All Player's Actions (Thanks to Karma and Skellan!), All Items, All Creatures (no tokens yet), All Creatures' Actions, Mirror of Desire NPCs
      • Faith of Sigmar POD (Thanks to Matchstickman!)
      A number of errors have also been corrected, thanks to all of your feedback. Please continue to let me know of typos or errors in the dice pool, or result lines. This is all hand coded, so errors are to be expected.

      I'll next work on tokens for Lure of Power, as well as Skaven actions from Edge of Night.

      Cheers
      Ceodryn

      Karma Kollapse

      Sep 20, 2012, 1:17:49 PM9/20/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Hmmm. Enhances don't seem to work?

      Richard

      Sep 20, 2012, 1:28:28 PM9/20/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Yeah, known bug. I used a capital E in one place and a small e everywhere else. Clever me!

      Ceodryn

      Sep 20, 2012, 1:51:01 PM9/20/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Do you need them for today? I am supposed to release a patch and forgot :). Rich had already told me about them.

      Karma Kollapse

      Sep 20, 2012, 1:52:00 PM9/20/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Nah, was just something I noticed.

      Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:51:01 -0700

      From: phbo...@gmail.com
      To: wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com

      Ceodryn

      Sep 20, 2012, 8:12:17 PM9/20/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Hi All,

      I am posting a corrective update to the Library, v2.2.1. The Enhance action cards will now work, and the Initiative - Combat basic action will not add a purple dice. You will however have to delete your old Initiative - Combat action and replace it with the one in this new library.

      Download link - Library v2.2.1: WFRP v3 - Library.

      Let me know if you find other errors within the library as you are playing.

      Thanks
      Ceodryn

      Fly-n-Dad

      Sep 25, 2012, 9:40:42 AM9/25/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      I so hate to be the rock in your shoe, but I have 2 different "library" upgrades. The first I saw and downloaded from the link just above the download link for the new ruleset from Neil. It is a compressed file that is a "library.upgrade.exe" file. The other is the familiar Mpeg icon labeled "WFRP V3 - Library". Can you tell me how to proceed with these?

      I assume I can just drop the Mpeg icon file into the mod folder in the app data folder in FG. Is there anything I should do with the library.upgrade.exe file?  Thanks,....

      neilgfoster

      Sep 25, 2012, 9:44:37 AM9/25/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      You do not need the library.upgrade.exe zip file. This is a tool that I wrote which helps upgrade a library module from one version to the next. Ceodryn has already dealt with the changes introduced in v1.4 of the ruleset, so all you need is the ruleset file and his library module.

      Karma Kollapse

      Sep 25, 2012, 9:45:52 AM9/25/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Incidentally, the 'familiar mpeg icon' is because it is a .mod file. FG2 understands this as a module for a campaign ruleset, but in the old days of PCs music was often contained in 'module file format', which were music files made from sequencing audio samples. I feel slightly nostalgic whenever I see that WFRP module file with the mp3 icon...

      Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 06:40:42 -0700
      From: sagin...@yahoo.com

      To: wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com

      Fly-n-Dad

      Sep 26, 2012, 8:29:49 AM9/26/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      I'll just move it to the trash bin.  Thanks Neil. Some new guys (including me) have a demo with Ceodryn tonight. Really looking forward to getting into the nuts and bolts of your ruleset,... Thanks again,..

      Ceodryn

      Oct 7, 2012, 5:52:29 PM10/7/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Hi All,

      I am posting an update to my library, v2.3: WFRP v3 - Library

      As usual, this library file goes in your module folder and will replace your old WFRP v3 - Library.

      This library contains the following updated content (i.e. cards):
      • Tzeentch's spells from Winds of Magic - Thanks to Cpt Cutlass!
      • Items of all boxes/books/PODs except Hero's Call ('cause I still didn't open my box :) ).
      • Edge of Night Actions
      • Gathering Storm NPCs and Actions
      • Dreadfleet Captain Locations and Actions
      A number of errors have also been corrected, please continue to provide your feedback if you find any.

      Next, I am planning to add Sign of Faiths Nurgle's spells, Nemesis and Secret Societies (with Steve's help), Dreadfleet Captains and Edge of Night NPCs.

      Cheers
      Philippe / Ceodryn

      Karma Kollapse

      Oct 7, 2012, 5:58:00 PM10/7/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      EoN actions are very much appreciated, and might see use next week :)

      What do you need for the EoN NPCs? I have NPCs set up for the party, just not for 'the after party', though I don't think that's what's needed.

      Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 14:52:29 -0700
      From: phbo...@gmail.com

      To: wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com

      Philippe Boujon

      Oct 7, 2012, 6:44:37 PM10/7/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      I was going to code the EoN NPCs from the adventures. Basically, I code whatever is given as cards (except maps which can't be included in the library). Unfortunately, you probably created them in a module, so they can't be (I think) transferred to the library. A module code is different from a library code.

      neilgfoster

      Oct 8, 2012, 3:49:08 AM10/8/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Modules and libraries are actually the same thing. The only difference being 'where' the information is defined.

      For a library, all information is listed under the 'library' node in the xml file - which maps to the 'library' node in database the ruleset uses. Adventure modules hold the information under the campaign nodes such as 'locations', 'npcgroups', etc.

      You can cut and paste an NPC from an adventure module straight into a library module as long as:

      1) You put it in the right place in the library module
      2) You add the special xml 'classname' which is used by the library screen to understand what type of information it represents

      Karma Kollapse

      Oct 8, 2012, 3:49:09 AM10/8/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      The NPC cards, which represent the party-goers. don't really contain much information - a one line description and an indication of what tier they are from, which the GM should already know as it is repeated in the book at the back. Not quite as useful as the Lure of Power NPC cards that came after, which have useful things like stats :)

      Do we have a standard as to what should be contained in a module, btw, since I'll be converting my campaign to a module for EON once it is 'playtested'?

      Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 18:44:37 -0400

      Karma Kollapse

      Oct 8, 2012, 1:26:37 PM10/8/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      XML for an npc in my module attached. Is this what you're looking for in the library?

      Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 18:44:37 -0400
      From: phbo...@gmail.com

      Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 14:52:29 -0700
      From: phbo...@gmail.com

      npc-lordrickard.xml

      Philippe Boujon

      Oct 8, 2012, 2:55:03 PM10/8/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      I guess so if I understood Neil correctly. I would just copy/paste that into the library. However, I am not sure whether it saves me much time since NPCs are very easy to code.

      To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/wfrp3-virtual-rpg/-/m6_n_JnBPeAJ.

      Karma Kollapse

      Oct 8, 2012, 4:30:44 PM10/8/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Whatever is easiest :)

      Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 14:55:03 -0400

      From: phbo...@gmail.com

      Ceodryn

      Oct 18, 2012, 7:09:33 PM10/18/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Hi All,

      I am posting a corrective update to my library, v2.3.1: WFRP v3 - Library

      As usual, this library file goes in your module folder and will replace your old WFRP v3 - Library. I have discovered today that when downloading the file with Internet Explorer, it changes the format to a .zip. The library HAS TO be a .mod file. If it isn't a .mod, please rename the file extension before to move it into your module folder.

      This library corrects numerous typos in the file I updated a couple weeks ago. You don't want to be coding when high on Benadryl because of allergies, I tell you!

      It also contains all Sigmar's blessings up to Hero's Call, thanks to Karma.

      Cheers
      Ceodryn

      Philippe Boujon

      Oct 18, 2012, 7:31:55 PM10/18/12
      to wfrp3-vi...@googlegroups.com
      Tiny problem, my dropbox is frozen, so the file isnt on yet. It'll be there later on today :)

      It is loading more messages.