Rails Camp NZ 4 - Mt Cheeseman - Mar 7th - 10th 2014

Malcolm Locke

Jan 28, 2014, 6:13:24 PM1/28/14
to Christchurch Ruby, wellr...@googlegroups.com, rails-...@googlegroups.com, rail...@googlegroups.com
We are very pleased to announce impending availability of tickets for the
fourth New Zealand Rails Camp. Tickets will go on sale on the morning of Thu
30th Jan (NZ time).

* When?: Fri 7th Mar to Mon 10th Mar 2014
* Where?: Mt. Cheeseman, Canterbury, New Zealand

We are returning to the now legendary venue of the first South Island camp,
Mount Cheeseman Snowline Lodge. Located at 1500m above sea level in the
Craigieburn Range the lodge offers a comfortable and breathtaking location
for the discerning Rails Camper.

Ticket prices are inclusive of the following:

* Accommodation in the Snowline Lodge.
* Meals for the duration of the camp, provided as last time by the team from
Country Feasts.
* Return bus transport from Christchurch Airport to Mt. Cheeseman.
* A supply of NZ craft beer and cider, courtesy of GitHub. (https://github.com/)
* Soft drinks, courtesy of Trineo. (http://trineo.com/)
* Espresso coffee, courtesy of Resolve Digital. (http://resolvedigital.com/)

Prices
------

Ticket price is $325 NZD.

Demand is expected to be high, and numbers are limited.

Getting to Christchurch
-----------------------

Direct or one stop flights are available from most Australian cities to
Christchurch, and from most NZ airports.

If you want to make your own way to Christchurch, make sure that you are at Christchurch Airport at 16:00 on 7th March as the buses will leave very shortly after.

Return flights
--------------

The bus will be returning to Christchurch Airport from the venue on the morning
of Mon 10th March. Make sure you do not book your return flights before 2pm to
ensure your flight does not leave before the bus arrives back in Christchurch.

What to bring
-------------

* A sleeping bag.
* Clothes for warm *and* cold weather. March is late summer in NZ and
there is the potential for a wide range of daytime temperatures during
the camp, and nights may be potentially cold at the high altitude of
the venue.
* Sunscreen.
* All necessary chargers / power adapters for any electronic equipment
you intend to bring.
* There *WILL BE NO CELLPHONE RECEPTION* at the venue. Really ... none.
Therefore, please make sure you have all the software and files you need
installed. We will be running a mirror of rubygems.org, but to avoid
disappointment please assume that you need to be fully self sufficient for
any hacking you want to do. For a good rule of thumb, imagine you are
MacGyver.
* You will be sharing dorm / bunkroom style accommodation with other attendees, so
bring ear plugs / eye mask if you feel you will need them.

The venue is very isolated, so please ensure you bring any medication
you require and additional necessary items with you.

Malcolm Locke

Jan 29, 2014, 2:54:05 AM1/29/14
to Christchurch Ruby, wellr...@googlegroups.com, rails-...@googlegroups.com, rail...@googlegroups.com
We've had a few complaints about the lack of a definite release time and
URL in this announcement, so here you go.

Tickets will go on sale at 11:00am Thu Jan 30th NZDT (tomorrow) at the
following URL:

https://ti.to/rails-camp-nz/4

Thanks for your patience.

Malc