[railscamp] Rails Camp NZ 5 - Ticket sales closing in 9 days!

parndt

Dec 9, 2014, 6:09:20 PM12/9/14
to wellr...@googlegroups.com

Rails Camp NZ is happening from Friday, 30th January until Monday, 2nd February in 2015 and we’d love to see you there.  Ticket sales close 19th of December.

Rails Camp is a gathering place for the Ruby community but there is no requirement to know Ruby or Rails in order to attend. What happens there is driven by you. Things which will probably happen:

  • Hacking (bring a project idea!)
  • Learning (bring a speaking topic)
  • Werewolf
  • A swim in the sea (bring your swimsuit!)
  • Drinking & Eating (see below)
  • Meeting cool people
  • General merriment

Our Ruby community is a diverse and welcoming group of excellent and intelligent people. To keep it that way, we have a Code of Conduct.

In 2015 we are trying a spectacular new location north of Auckland; Shakespear Lodge, located within the beautiful Shakespear Regional Park.

Tickets are $249, or $149 for students or unwaged. They include accommodation, 3 meals a day & snacks for the duration of the camp, a bus there and back from Auckland Airport, a supply of NZ craft beer and cider, soft drinks and espresso coffee. Ticket sales will close on the 19th of December (or earlier, if sold out) as we need final numbers of people coming for biosecurity reasons.

Buy a ticket at http://camp.ruby.org.nz/ today - the last two Rails Camps in NZ have sold out.

Be at Auckland Airport by 16:00 on the 30th of January if you want to catch the bus out to Shakespear Lodge. On the morning of February the 2nd we'll get you back to the airport before 2pm. Don't book your return flight before then!

We will also be electing the 2015 committee for Ruby NZ, the incorporated society that we founded in 2014 for the Ruby community. We’ll have more details about how you can get involved with that soon, so start thinking about if you’d like to be involved.