[Job Seeker] Enspiral Dev Academy graduate seeking Junior role

Taylor Lodge

Sep 24, 2014, 2:22:01 AM9/24/14
to wellr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm a graduate of the Enspiral Dev Academy Ruby stream. I'm looking for fulltime employment in Central Wellington as a junior developer. I've been programing for just over 5 years now, primarily self taught (1 year professionally), and I used Dev Academy as a chance to really solidify my foundations as a programmer and to learn something new (Ruby/JS, I had done primarily C#/Java development previously). Dev Academy helped to improve my communication skills, both in how I teach people and how I receive feedback, and my Software Development practices in regards to testing (Dev Academy had a large testing focus) and writing simple vs clever code.

While most of my recent training is in Web Development I've done quite a few different things in the past and I am quite open to anything. I'm interested in companies that consider work/life balance, company culture and employee training important. One of the things I feel that is holding my learning back the most as a self taught developer is my lack of access to more skilled people that I am able to talk to about programming best practices/concepts etc.

If you're interested I can provide my CV on request, please send me an email.

I also have plenty of code on my github as well. Sadly not much Ruby, but our groups final project is on Github and written in Ruby which I wrote most of the backend for.

Cheers,
Taylor