Weinre not working with Angular (seed project)

Martin Spierings

Mar 3, 2014, 11:01:16 AM3/3/14
to wei...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Currently i'm working with Ghostlab (a Weinre shell) on a few Angular projects and it seems that Angular won't play ball with Weinre. The styling information seems to break (not the styling of the site itself, just the inspection of it) and there doesn't seem any way to fix it.

Just download the Angular Seed Project (https://github.com/angular/angular-seed) and run it from Weinre. If you inspect the CSS you won't get any values (not even default browser values). This is kind of an issue when you want to inspect websites for mobile devices as they often have CSS problems. Currently i have no way of inspecting older Android devices running my Phonegap/Angular projects.

I know there are a few problems with CSS inspection in general. Particularly with media queries and css files from different domains, but this is just local with no media queries at all.

You need to run it from the app directory but it doesn't matter if you place the index.html in the parent folder and change the internal linking. Only the weinre css inspection breaks. Everything else works fine

So is there anybody who knows whats going on? What breaks Weinre and what can i do to fix it?

Thanks,
Martin

Patrick Mueller

Mar 3, 2014, 6:37:06 PM3/3/14
to wei...@googlegroups.com
Can you try using --verbose true and --debug true on the weinre command line?  More stuff my get dumped.

There have been issues in the past with "odd" CSS properties, where when you start touching them in the CSSOM, they complain loudly.  That sounds like what this is.  Would be interesting to know if we can easily catch these issues and ignore them.

From the weinre Google Group -- http://groups.google.com/group/weinre

---

Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org

Martin Spierings

Mar 4, 2014, 2:22:00 AM3/4/14
to wei...@googlegroups.com
I'll try in a moment (have to get to work first) but as i said you can just run the Angular Seed yourself and see whats going on.

Martin Spierings

Mar 4, 2014, 6:47:49 AM3/4/14
to wei...@googlegroups.com
I just tried running weinre with verbose and debug and i get no errors in the terminal. I also don't get any css styling either.
I'm not really sure what kind of things i should and shouldn't see but something is just messing this up.

Patrick Mueller

Mar 4, 2014, 7:42:17 AM3/4/14
to wei...@googlegroups.com
Tried it out, and I can see the the problem.  Checked to see if the weinre agent or client code was generating errors by bringing up Chrome Dev Tools and nothing.  Ran server with --debug and --verbose, nothing.

Only thoughts now are on the SCE bits of Angular (see link in bug).

Martin Spierings

Mar 6, 2014, 5:23:01 AM3/6/14
to wei...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting. I'll keep a look out...